Korr's Trial Moderator Application

Korr's Trial Moderator Application

Steam Details

Steam Name: [IG] Grim

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67600898

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095467525/      

In Game Details

In Game Name: Korr

In Game Rank: Lieutenant Commander / Major - Navy XO

In Game Regiment: Navy

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence):
1 Week, 3 Days, 20 Hours. But Have been playing on the server since its beginning. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1592387669

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them):
I Have had 4 warns in total over a span of around 1 year. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1592388459

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): Deity DarkRP (Moderator), Hammer Fall Starwars Rp (Moderator)

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:
My understanding of a server moderator is someone who is willing and comfortable committing themselves for the good of a server. These people will do anything in order to ensure the happiness and comfort of all of the community's members, New and old, rule breakers or non offenders. In my eyes a moderator is someone to look to when you are in a place of need, such as being bullied by another member of the community. A moderator is someone who will help anyone that comes to them and will do so in a respectful and helpful way. To be a moderator is to be a servers back bone, without a good moderator team, a server can only count its days before its closure.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:
During the past year or so I have been in and out of this community and in all honesty if it wasn't for the helpful attitudes of the staff team I wouldn't have stayed. Over the year this server has helped me through a lot of tough times, and I absolutely hate seeing the server being ruined by people who have no respect for others. I have grown a large debt to the server and I feel that becoming a moderator is the best way I can pay back my dues to the server and its great community. Everyday I play on the server and involve myself in the community I see people who need assistance, whether it be an ST being abused by a higher up or two officers fighting over something stupid. I believe that by becoming a Trial Moderator I can help and solve these ever growing problems within our community, and would be willing to dedicate hours of my life serving the community.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:
I think that I am a capable problem solver and a very neutral person. I believe that I can provide a quick response to any problem and have it solved in a jiffy. I am one who prefers to take time knowing a situation before making crude assumptions and believe that by simply listening to one another is the best way to fix a problem. I am very active being on around 3>6 hours per day everyday, sometimes having breaks for other games. I believe that I am capable of holding responsibility as I have shown by being the current active XO of Navy, I have also had experience with such responsibility's in the past such as XO of Pilots under Rooster, XO of Magma under Fives, CO of 327th on Hammerfall, 3IC of NSO on Gateway Gaming, 3IC of CG on TGC.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:
My first step would be to obtain the offenders SteamID as fast as possible, then my next step would be to attempt to contact a high member of the Staff team for assistance in deciding if the person deserves a ban (Perm or temp). Once these two steps are completed I would return the victims to their RP in order to preserve their experience on the server. If I am unable to contact a higher up about the problem I would apply a 1 day ban to the user and give them a warning for Mass RDM, along with a second warning for disconnecting to avoid punishment.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:
I would firstly contact the victim and ask him to provide any possible screenshots or screen recordings. Once I have collected some proof I would contact the accused and ask them if they have been abusing the victim giving them a chance to prove themselves. Once I have done that I would ask them what their goal or point for abusing the victim might be, once I have received the 'excuse' I would then ask them to avoid all contact with the victim. If the victim reports being abused by the accused further I would contact a higher member of the staff team for a possible ban, after another talk/warning with the accused.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:
I would collect as many screenshots and screen recordings as possible, then I would attempt to contact a member of the Management team and present my evidence to them. Once I have attempted these steps I would then take my case to the forums and provide all my evidence. On top of that I would ask out to any other members of the community and ask If they have any proof or have experienced any of this members abuse to come forward.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:
Firstly I would collect the steam ID of the person, then would consult with a higher member of the staff team to discuss a possible ban. If that is not a veiable option I would provide a temporary 1 day ban in order to consult a higher member of the staff team for advice the following day.

Terms:
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Korr
Edit 2

Positives:

• Active (Achieved a high rank)
  • Mature
  • Understands the server rules
  • Previous Staff Experience

Negatives:

• Did not have the 'Terms' which is apart of the trial moderator template and therefore needs to be included
Spoiler

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

• Application is hard to differentiate the answers from the question due to the colours both being white (also stated in template)
Spoiler

11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.

• The responses provided for each of the questions asked contained very little detail
  • Application shows little time was spent completing it
  • Application shows little effort was spent completing it

Due to the above stated reasons i am unfortunately going to giving this application a -1, good luck with your endeavours in becoming a member of the staffing team and i wish you all the best regardless.

- Sully

Edited by Sully
34 minutes ago, Sully said:

Positives:

• Mature

Negatives:

• Did not have the 'Terms' which is apart of the trial moderator template and therefore needs to be included
  Reveal hidden contents

Terms

• Application is hard to differentiate the answers from the question due to the colours both being white (also stated in template)
  Reveal hidden contents

11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.

• The responses provided for each of the questions asked contained very little detail

Due to the above stated reasons i am unfortunately going to giving this application a -1, good luck with your endeavours in becoming a member of the staffing team and i wish you all the best regardless.

- Sully

36 minutes ago, Rickle said:

Neutral

-Active, Mature, Friendly. RPs well as Navy.

-Application could have more information and detail.

I have once again edited the application. Please re-think your decisions. If not I would appreciate more feed back!

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Positives:

• Mature

Negatives:

Reveal hidden contents

Terms

Reveal hidden contents

- Sully

2 hours ago, Sully said:

Positives:

• Mature

Negatives:

Reveal hidden contents

Terms

Reveal hidden contents

- Sully

Neutral..... I feel Korr has the potential to become a great addition to the staff team.

Thanks,

Pav

Edited by Pavonis

+1 I haven't had any issues with you and your application is well written but could use a bit more information that it currently has. I don't know if you're the nicest person or the meanest but you've reached the rank of Lieutenant Commander in Navy if I'm not mistaken which is a rank that is hard to get to if all you are is rude. All my encounters with you have been good and dismissed well both in TS and on the server and I have not once received any sass or cheek from you. Like I said you need to keep adding more detail to your application and making sure you're active on the server. God Speed and Good Luck, - Wombatiacus.

Forgot to mention my opinion is subject to change, so do keep that in mind.

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Upvote 1
  • Advisor
41 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1 I haven't had any issues with you and your application is well written but could use a bit more information that it currently has. I don't know if you're the nicest person or the meanest but you've reached the rank of Lieutenant Commander in Navy if I'm not mistaken which is a rank that is hard to get to if all you are is rude. All my encounters with you have been good and dismissed well both in TS and on the server and I have not once received any sass or cheek from you. Like I said you need to keep adding more detail to your application and making sure you're active on the server. God Speed and Good Luck, - Wombatiacus.

+1

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...