Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hyperion

My Steam Account has been stolen...

So basically some random dude added me offering "free" Rust skins so as you've properly already guessed I clicked on it and I was taken to a website that locked legit so as it asked for my steam account to sign in I did it without hesitation and as soon as I clicked that sign in button I was signed out of my steam account and my email and password were changed before I had a chance to realise what happend so I've been trying steam support but thing has came from that so at the moment my account it owned by some random dude and my account just happens to have my mum's credit card on it... so yeah I'm fucked if I dont end up getting it back what is the policy on joining back the server with a "alt account" if my other was in my case stolen.

Anyway what have learnt from this is don't open random links from random people.

*BTW if you are friends with that account apperently that the dude has been sending my friends on my list the same code he got me with so be weary*

bd59fbc712affcb26f501c8c7f5e1678.png.6b6fc533cb7bb0d1017d48107d4f1a0b.png

Edited by Hyperion
concern
  • Sad 4

@Hyperion 
Does your account have 2 step authentication ? linking to your mobile number. (Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator)

Edited by Snoozy

You should be fine to join on another account if it was hacked, Hopefully you can get your account back.

Try and contact Steam Support about the issue and see if they can give it back to you.

Good Luck.

• Upvote 1

*UPDATE*

So I was sent a measege from steam support telling me they've changed my account password long story short I've got it back thank go before hand I had just told my parents that I had my account stolen with there main credit card on it and as you can imagine I was getting bashed so lesson learnt kids don't click on random links.

Oh and this happend...

184264898_PUBGban.PNG.02c29cd44f52e6fbb91b7fdc13bd5db7.PNG

Edited by Hyperion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Auzii said:

So they took your account to play PUBG and hack on it XD

China Number 1

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good to see you got the account back. DM the guys and ask if they'll give you the hacks, maybe they're polite about it.

Also, it never happened to me because I'm too cautious to click on links sent by randoms on Steam, but it happened to a few good mates of mine, no shame in it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Good to see you got the account back. DM the guys and ask if they'll give you the hacks, maybe they're polite about it.

Also, it never happened to me because I'm too cautious to click on links sent by randoms on Steam, but it happened to a few good mates of mine, no shame in it.

Lol yeah I mean the website it took me to looked legit.

Aye your pretty lucky, Steam Support actually did something with your account heh my old account still hasn’t been fixed yet darn those 3950 Gmod hours have gone to a waste but now I’m back on 1153 Gmod hours on this one. Also Good work on getting your account back and make sure not to click on random links it can only lead to bad things.

Yeah guys, I wouldn't add anyone you don't exactly know on steam, especially when they don't have any mutual friends and etc, or haven't somehow expressly told you they wanted to add you.

*ANOTHER UPDATE*

So its like been 4 days since the stealing of my account which I got back and for some unknown reason I was banned from Pubg for 1 day I suspect the dude who stole my account went on Pubg and used hacks or said some weird shit in chat anyway I get on this morning to be greeted with this message... 

WTF.PNG.1712a1b7cebb00743410bba783294b6d.PNG

So basically I have no Idea why the ban for one day turned into a perma I hadn't play Pubg for months so yeah just for fucking lols I guess anyways peace out.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post