Steam Details

Steam Name: WolfOfLegend [IG]

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53495311

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/1133322/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Lucky

In Game Rank: Major General

In Game Regiment: Imperial High Command

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 20190222170434_1.jpg.45c6dc1e82f724647d21e3993e9f3504.jpg

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): None

Have you had any bans (If so state them): None

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): No, however I was set to Mod on EFG for a while but I never wanted/used that power and it has since been removed, so I still have no experiance as a gmod staff member.

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:
A moderator is someone who is there to assist the community and the Staff team to ensure that the server and everything within it runs as smoothly as possible. This is done by the moderators assisting players when they need it (eg. pulling them if they are stuck in other players/trapped in terrain, or giving tools to regimental officers so they can do training or tryouts) or enforcing the rules of the server and assisting with dealing with those who would break these rules either with warns or worse depending on the offence. A moderator is also someone who should lead by example, they should be helpful people with a positive attitude towards the work they do and should be willing to adapt when situations don't go their way, which may happen often while moderating

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:

I am someone who cares deeply about the community surrounding this server, having been here since July and having loved the server and the people that play on it, so I want to do my best to give back to the server in any way I can and I feel like this would be the most appropriate way for me to do so with the attributes and skills that I have. I have always enjoyed helping people on the server and making sure that rules are followed, as I am someone who treats every interaction with professionalism; so I feel like I would be able to help out the server as a whole if allowed to use the tools given to a Moderator to do their job effectively.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

The level headedness and professionalism of someone who takes any and all responsibility given to him with maximum effort and seriousness. I am a fast learner and someone who is willing to learn and ask questions when I am unsure of something; I also make sure that if I make a mistake I own up to it and learn from it so as to not repeat it. I try my best to keep an friendly attitute towards everyone as to assure them that they can be comfortable around me, but I also make sure that my attitute never extends to minging as I believe that fun can be had within the rules of the server.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:

The first thing I would do is glance at logs to get an idea for how many people they killed or damaged and if they did in fact disconnect or just change their name, and I would copy down their steamid so if punishment is to be given I can use it. Then I would collect a couple of the victims of the RDM and ask them if they had any other knowledge about the incident such as if the culprit broke any other rules while commiting the offense (such as racism, threatening to DDOS, or any other serious offense) to make sure that I punish them appropriately for what they have done, I would then reassure the victims of the incident that the issue is being dealt with. I would then precede to warn the offender for what they are guilty of [Mass RDM x (Amount) | DC to avoid Punishment/Admin Sit].

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

If I catch wind of bullying the first thing I would do would be to teleport to the accused invisible with my recording software active to see if I can get evidence of them in the act. Then I would seperate the accused and the victim and ask them each their side of the story, and ask them for any evidence they have to prove their case (if they have conflicting stories) and try to be as objective as possible, while still trying to reassure the victim that this will be dealt with and try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. I would make sure with the victim that it wasn't just "joking around" and if that is the excuse the accused uses I would make sure to explain to them that the other person didn't see it as such and that they can make someone feel uncomfortable if they aren't careful with their words. If they seem genuinely remorseful for their actions and I have genuine belief that they will try to do better in the future then I will consider giving them a verbal warning if this is their first offense, otherwise if they seem standoffish, blow it off as nothing or deny it then I will warn them for [Bullying]. And if they DC during my sit with them I would warn them with [Bullying|DC to avoid Punishment/Admin Sit]. After all is said and done I would assure the victim that it has been dealt with and if it continues to occur or if they ever feel uncomfortable again they can come to me or another memeber of the moderator team and we will do everything within our power to help them.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

If I see another staff member abusing their power I would go start recording, invisible and noclip as to gather evidence to show how they are abusing their power and who it is effecting (making sure to get names so I am able to speak with them later if need be). I would then approach the staff member and confront them on their use of power and see how they react. If it was a genuine mistake and they say that they will try better then that is that, but I will still keep the evidence in case they re-offend. If they do re-offend or laugh me off then I will go to the people effected by the staff member's abuse and ask them for comment on what happened and if they were okay with what happened, recording what they say. I would then go to an admin that outranks them (preferably SuperAdmin+) and present them with the evidence as well as the responses from the people effected. I would then ask if there is anything else I can do to help and will tell those that the incident effected negitively that the staff member is being dealt with by one of thier superiors.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

The very first thing I would do would be try to gather as much evidence against them as I can using screenshots/recording software and checking the person's past offenses to see if they are a known issue on the server or not. I would then perminantly ban them if my perms allow me to, otherwise I would give all of my evidence along with the threatener's steamid over to a moderator/admin with the ability to so that they can, trying to get them off of the server as quickly as possible. I would keep all the evidence on hand on the off chance they make a ban appeal so that I can present it there to ensure that this person does not get the oppertunity to negitively effect our community.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.
5. False information can lead to your application being denied.
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.
7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.
9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).
10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.
11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.
12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.
13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Lucky
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 2
On 12/15/2018 at 2:19 AM, Lucky said:

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): No

https://imgur.com/a/dCu10Vx

-1 for now, you tried to leave IG for EFG and get staff on it and was friends with their owner who poached from IG.

My opinion is subject to change, Best of luck - Shepard.

EDIT: +1 It seems like he was forced into mod for EFG, plus he was a great commander for SCAR and has been a good IOA, I believe he would be a good mod +1.

Best of luck - Shepard

Edited by Shepard
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Shepard said:

https://imgur.com/a/dCu10Vx

-1 for now, you tried to leave IG for EFG and get staff on it and was friends with their owner who poached from IG.

My opinion is subject to change, Best of luck - Shepard.

So you lied in your application about your previous staff positions and tried to leave our Community for another one not too long ago..

Edited by Emerald

Positives:

• Your Application has good detail in regards to your response to the scenarios and questions asked of you
  • Fairly active, Playtime reflects this
  • Achieved high rank on the server, this demonstrates good leadership and skills that could benefit you and carry across into a staffing role

Negatives

• Some of the responses are quite generic statements visible in most apps (try to personalise/make your app stand out more)
  • The information stated above by Shepard shows that you clearly as stated above 'tried to leave IG for EFG and get staff on it and was friends with their owner who poached from IG' after you stated that you have not been staff on any other servers or communities. This is something that could drastically affect the outcome of your trial moderator application as what is stopping you from leaving the server/community for EFG if you were to get the role as Trial Moderator.

Due to the reason(s) stated above i have given this application a -1, however i wish you the best of luck with your endeavours to become a staff member none the less.

Regards,

Sully

Constructive Points:

On 12/14/2018 at 11:19 PM, Lucky said:

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:

I am someone who cares deeply about the community surrounding this server, having been here since July and having loved the server and the people that play on it, so I want to do my best to give back to the server in any way I can and I feel like this would be the most appropriate way for me to do so with the attributes and skills that I have. I have always enjoyed helping people on the server and making sure that rules are followed, as I am someone who treats every interaction with professionalism; so I feel like I would be able to help out the server as a whole if allowed to use the tools given to a Moderator to do their job effectively.

• Further elaboration on the above stated attributes and skills can allow for a more in-depth and personalised response to the question being asked.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

The very first thing I would do would be try to gather as much evidence against them as I can using screenshots/recording software and checking the person's past offenses to see if they are a known issue on the server or not. I would then perminantly ban them if my perms allow me to, otherwise I would give all of my evidence along with the threatener's steamid over to a moderator/admin with the ability to so that they can, trying to get them off of the server as quickly as possible. I would keep all the evidence on hand on the off chance they make a ban appeal so that I can present it there to ensure that this person does not get the oppertunity to negitively effect our community.

• Not required to do so however it could also be helpful in this scenario to find out if the threat is real or whether the user is just making false threats. Also can be handy to find out the intent behind the threat (is the user made about a past ban and is now returning on an alternate account etc.) however the overall premise of your response was well thought out and stated clearly.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

If I see another staff member abusing their power I would go start recording, invisible and noclip as to gather evidence to show how they are abusing their power and who it is effecting (making sure to get names so I am able to speak with them later if need be). I would then approach the staff member and confront them on their use of power and see how they react. If it was a genuine mistake and they say that they will try better then that is that, but I will still keep the evidence in case they re-offend. If they do re-offend or laugh me off then I will go to the people effected by the staff member's abuse and ask them for comment on what happened and if they were okay with what happened, recording what they say. I would then go to an admin that outranks them (preferably SuperAdmin+) and present them with the evidence as well as the responses from the people effected. I would then ask if there is anything else I can do to help and will tell those that the incident effected negitively that the staff member is being dealt with by one of thier superiors.

• Again, this answer is well written and thought out. However on top of this you could also aproach the situation from a different angle, once you have collected all the availible evidence and you approach them (depending on their rank) find out weather or not the person knew the actions they were doing were wrong and against the rules as if they are a Trial Moderator for example they may still be unaware as to what exactly is considered a breach of their power. Just a bit of food for thought on another way to deal with this scenario

Ok now i'm done....

EDIT: Changing my response to a +1 due to you clearing up the 'controversy' surrounding your application, Lucky is a hardworking and well deserving member for this position.

Edited by Sully
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rickle said:

Your a nice, mature, friendly person, Your extremely active, your application has a lot of detail, but from what information I've seen above for lying about previous staff positions and yourself trying to leave for another community, I will be -1ing this application.

^^^

Neutral for now until I see your response to the first few things Shepard has said above. I like the application though and my answer is subject to change, - King Wombatiacus.

EDIT: I have seen enough to change my answer to a +1 , Good Luck and God Speed Lucky! 

Edited by Wombatiacus
10 hours ago, Shepard said:

Aight let's clear this one up because I dont believe that its really that fair.

Yes I know the owner. Yes I am on the EFG discord.

But no I am not a moderator and don't feel like its fair to say I ever was one, if you guys feel like with this clarification it is still considered lying or even misleading then I will edit the post to reflect that but at the current time I feel it is not necessary.

I also never intended to leave IG, I value it way too much and since then have made it clear to said owner that IG is and always has been my priority.

Yes he set me with mod power but the power doesn't make the mod in my opinion. I never wanted it, I never did anything to assist the server. I asked for it removed on multiple occasions (the last of which was the only time over text which the screenshot at the bottom shows). I even yelled at said owner for poaching from IG on several occasions.

After he set me to mod I made it clear to him that I didn't want it and that IG was my priority and asked him to remove it and any ingame rank he planned to give me, the last of which was almost a month ago and that is now the case (which you can see if you look in the efg discord now). 

What I told him almost a month ago as the final nail in the coffin EFG for me: http://imgur.com/a/lbP2LaU

That being said I am happy with how vigilant this community is and if I don't get the position for this or any other reason then I trust your collective judgement on the topic. Thank you guys for giving me the time of day.

+1

• I will be giving this application the benefit of the doubt, simply because, yes, it does seem that you may have tried to leave for another community (which isn't even up yet I might add), however, you haven't left yet and are still trying to fulfill your duties as the Commander of the SCAR Troopers, as well as keeping up your activity on the server to the best of your abilities.
  • Your application is also written quite well, as well as you've replied very well just above this and it shows that you still want to stay with Imperial Gaming for the time being at least.

My opinion is subject to change.

Good luck with your application.

5 hours ago, Rickle said:

Your a nice, mature, friendly person, Your extremely active, your application has a lot of detail, but from what information I've seen above for lying about previous staff positions and yourself trying to leave for another community, I will be Neutraling this application.

Agreed, you have some good ideas about the purpose of a T-Mod and you application has a lot of detail but as others have said, leaving for another server and lying about previous staff positions. I have had pretty good, friendly interactions with you however, I would like to get to interact with you a bit more and see what you are like day to day. My position will be Neutral.

Edited by Smoke
On 12/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, Bailey said:

+1

• I will be giving this application the benefit of the doubt, simply because, yes, it does seem that you may have tried to leave for another community (which isn't even up yet I might add), however, you haven't left yet and are still trying to fulfill your duties as the Commander of the SCAR Troopers, as well as keeping up your activity on the server to the best of your abilities.
  • Your application is also written quite well, as well as you've replied very well just above this and it shows that you still want to stay with Imperial Gaming for the time being at least.

Great commander personally spoken to him about the situation and it seems to me he has no intent to leave the server. Great guy with a responsible attitude to all situations. +1 from me.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, Bailey said:

+1

Regardless of the drama surrounding this application I will be leaving a +1 due to the way he conducts himself on IG. He has been a dedicated SCAR commander since receiving the role and has even been trusted to join the IOA as a Brigadier. 

I have only ever had positive experiences with Lucky and he is an extremely friendly player who I know would be a good fit for the staff team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advisor

I will be giving this a +1 because

• He is active and mature
  • He understands how the server works.
  • He has shown recently to have some really good RP.
  • I would love to see how he goes a trail moderator.

Best of luck my friend!

I don't know where or why these "-1"'s have come from, but in my opinion from not only working with him daily, Lucky is absolutely deserving of TMOD. such reasons are listed below:

Active

Mature

Trustworthy

Responsible

Excellent RP

Doesn't cause issues for players

etc.

So in saying that I will be giving Lucky a HUGE +1

Goodluck!

Hammer.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:26 AM, Cody said:

I will be giving this a +1 because

• He is active and mature
  • He understands how the server works.
  • He has shown recently to have some really good RP.
  • I would love to see how he goes a trail moderator.

Best of luck my friend!

+1

Good Luck!

+1 All my past experiences with Lucky have been great, he is active, has great leadership skills, understands the rules of the server well and I think he would make a great  trial moderator.

Good Luck.

-Vortex