Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Tomcos222/

In Game Details

In Game Name: VF 'Tom'

In Game Rank: Major

In Game Regiment: Vader's Fist Trooper 

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): Around 3w 1d 4h 25m 44s

image.png.683f9aa1802830043dda8ad5b5ccd659.png

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No and I do not plan to.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No and I do not plan to.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): Yes, A TTT server Moderator 'Infinite Gaming' (Late 2017 - Early 2018) I have been a mod on a handful of Minecraft servers (don't ask) It was before 2014 though

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server: I believe that the purpose of Moderators on the server is to moderate the server to ensure that the servers rules are not being broken by people whether it be exploiting, cheating, minging or anything that the server does not allow. I also believe that the purpose of a moderator on the server is to make the players time on the server better and to keep the server fun and enjoyable during soft RP and full RP hours too.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator: I am applying for Trial Moderator as a way to help the server and the community as I believe that I can do as much as a player at the moment to help the server. I believe if I did indeed become a trial moderator and joined the staff team than I could help the server more than I currently am. Another reason that I am applying for Trial Mod is that during early hours of the server and late night hours in which I play quite often I notice things like minging, mass RDM and actions that break the rules which due to the lack of staff online often goes by without getting in trouble in form of a verbal warning, a warn or a temp ban if the case is severe enough, which is often what happens as during these hours (Midnight- 8~ am) which I hate as it can be quite annoying to me and the community that is affected, as when there is 19 or less player there is soft RP which people think means that they can do whatever they want and I believe this is not right as they have broken and a rule and get off scot-free. My final reason for applying for Trial Mod is that I love the server and StarWarsRP and I would like to benefit it in any way shape and form and I see that Trial Mod is one of the best ways to benefit the RP experience on the server.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team: I believe the things that I can bring to the staff team would include my expertise in listening to people and making arguments to counter false information. I believe that I could bring amazing activity especially throughout the Christmas Holidays which is when a large influx of minges start to join the server which I believe that I could deal with. I used to part of the school 'Debate' team in primary so I can formulate an argument against someone to combat their argument for something such as RDM, FailRP or Minging. I can also bring my natural friendliness and kindness to the server in and out of character. I believe that I am quite mature in and out of character I also understand that moderators are there to set an example for the players on the server and I believe that I am ready to do that.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?: Firstly I would check the kill logs to see the person did kill actually kill them and after gathering evidence from that I would then teleport the people that they had killed to a secure location probably outside the ship to ensure there are no external factors and get what happened from their perspective, I would then ask if anyone that had been killed had an application shadowplay or AMD relive which can be used to gather more evidence for an unwarranted Mass RDM (The only time that RDM is somewhat acceptable is if someone runs into a KOS zone like sith temple and a guard for Sith Temple kills the person or group of people) After coming to a conclusion whether the person deserves a  warn or ban I would then enact the warn or ban using !warn or !ban with the relevant information being included within the warning or ban. 

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?: I would first get any information from chat logs that I can get and if I witnessed it myself than I would start recording and gather as much information as possible from the person that was being bullied and get their account of the events that had occurred and enact a verbal warning, warn or ban if the case is severe enough.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?: I would first ask them to stop abusing their powers whilst and start recording with most likely Relive or OBS to try and gather evidence of the abuse of staff powers. If they continue to abuse their powers I would then forward any evidence most likely logs and the recording to their superior or file a staff report to try and get justice and let the management team decide what the punishment of the person may be which may lead to a staff warn or them being stripped of their position.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: I would first start recording than I would start gathering information about the person that made the threat and I would quickly alert the rest of the online staff about the threat and I would closely monitor the person to ensure that they aren't really going to DDOS the server. If they did manage to DDOS threat actually happened I would try to contact a member of the management team and tell them about the situation and most likely ban the person from the server permanently to ensure they never they never do it again.

P.S: Thank you for reading my App :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.
5. False information can lead to your application being denied.
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.
7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.
9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).
10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.
11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.
12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.
13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms
I Tom, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by TomCos
Updated STEAMID | Playtime | Rank | Steam Name
  • Upvote 5

+1

Tom is mature, responsible and a trustworthy person. He is a great example for the 501st and an excellent leader. I believe a position like this would suit Tom well.

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1

Yes! Tom your an amazing bloke who deserves a +1 due to being a legend and the amount of detail and mature you show not only in game but on the forums and TS. I couldn’t think of anyone better than you. Serve on Captainio, - Wombatiacus.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Luigi said:

+1

Tom is mature, responsible and a trustworthy person. He is a great example for the 501st and an excellent leader. I believe a position like this would suit Tom well.

Good Luck!

I agree with this, however i believe you should have waited till you got home and were able to complete all the applications criteria and questions before you posted the Application.

You still need;

• Screenshot of playtime
  • Steam ID
  • Steam Profile Link

- Sully

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Sully said:

I agree with this, however i believe you should have waited till you got home and were able to complete all the applications criteria and questions before you posted the Application.

You still need;

• Screenshot of playtime
  • Steam ID
  • Steam Profile Link

- Sully

Yea, sorry about that I was bored and did it. Ill try get them though

Just now, TomCos said:

Yea, sorry about that I was bored and did it. Ill try get them though

No it fine, just make sure they get added, Regardless i wish you all the best with your application

- Sully

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Sully said:

No it fine, just make sure they get added, Regardless i wish you all the best with your application

- Sully

Thank you I have added ID / Profile and will do playtime when I get home

Big +1

This guy is mature, responsible and fully capable of taking this position. Currently, in the 501st, Tom is about to step up to command Vader's Fist when their CO isn't on! This guy has lots going for him

This is why I am leaving a positive remark on this post.

8 minutes ago, Mate said:

Big +1

This guy is mature, responsible and fully capable of taking this position. Currently, in the 501st, Tom is about to step up to command Vader's Fist when their CO isn't on! This guy has lots going for him

+1

1 hour ago, Mate said:

Big +1

• Like 1

+1

Tom is a great 2IC , and very responsible. I would definitely recommend Tom for Trial Mod (T-Mod) for the reason of:

• Nice application, Certainly gives good detail and good answers to the scenarios 
  • From my deep knowledge of him in-game he is:
    • Very responsible
    • Would never abuse his powers
    • An all in all kind guy
  • Application could be placed out a bit more properly but that's just me.

All in all great candidate for the position,
I would absolutely guarantee that he would be fit for the position.  

Good Luck with your app
- Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, LuckyMikey said:

+1

Tom is a great 2IC , and very responsible. I would definitely recommend Tom for Trial Mod (T-Mod) for the reason of:

• Nice application, Certainly gives good detail and good answers to the scenarios 
    • Very responsible
    • An all in all kind guy

Good Luck with your app
- Mike

• Like 1
  • Advisor
47 minutes ago, LuckyMikey said:

+1

• Very responsible
    • An all in all kind guy

Good Luck with your app
- Mike

Well said Mike. +1

• Like 1

+1

-As tom's CO i can assure everyone that tom is a very mature trooper and would not abuse his powers as a T-Mod

-Tom is extremely active and is on around 4-6 hours per day which would mean his position as a mod wouldn't be waisted 

-From what i can see in his application tom has put in the effort to actually put in some detail and has shown that T-Mod would mean a lot to him

• Like 1