Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/pizzaboy1738/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Mate

In Game Rank: Officer Cadet

In Game Regiment: Imperial Commandos

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 1 week and 3 hours

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No

Have you had any bans (If so state them): Yes; I received a permanent ban one year ago for lying to the owner of the server and mingeing. 

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): Yes;

• Pixel Gaming - Senior Admin
  • NitroRP - Moderator

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

The purpose of moderators on Imperial Gaming is to help players in need, deal with heated situations and make the server a fun environment all people can come to and not be judged. Staff help the community out by staffing and monitoring on the forums and the server to give us the best and most enjoyable experience. I believe it is not easy to take on a staff role on such a well-known star wars RP server because of the minges and rule breakers the server constantly deals with on a day-to-day basis. As a member of the staff team, you are expected to be a role model throughout the community and reinforce rules while administering the necessary punishments. This is what I believe the purpose of a moderator is.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:

I am applying for the position of staff on Imperial Gaming because I love this server and being able to display how much I appreciate the community of Imperial Gaming. I find a joy in helping out players on the server whenever needed. There are times when staff find it difficult responding to admin sits and having that extra hand can really help. The times I have staffed on servers I have really enjoyed working with the players and the staff to achieve a positive outlook of the server. Lastly, I am going for Trial Moderator because I have a lot of experience in this line of duty and that is what makes me a useful candidate. 

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

I believe I can bring my positive self-esteem, maturity and problem-solving skills to the staff team. I have staffed over many Garry's Mod servers so I am experienced when the worst comes to worst. I am a highly mature and professional individual when it comes to dealing with certain players who break the rules or just helping a player in need. One other feature I can bring to the staff team is my activeness to the server and I am always available when needed. I have a good understanding of ULX commands but a brush up on the current commands would deem useful. I am able to remain perfectly calm when it comes to dealing with heated situations and conversations and behaving in a professional manner while responding in a respectful tone. These are the reasons I believe would make me a great candidate to Imperial Gaming. 

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:

Firstly, I would check the logs for someone who has killed multiple people in a short span of time and grab their SteamID. I would then pull aside the people who were killed by the individual to get their side of the story and ask questions like; "Why would he/she kill you for no reason?". I would then confirm with each player the name of the accused to make sure they are not lying. After that, I would deal out the appropriate punishment/consequence. 

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

I would teleport the victim on top of the Star Destroyer and get his/her side of the story. I would then ask questions like; "Why would he/she be bullying you?", "When did this player start bullying you?". After I have asked the victim reasonable questions, I would then ask for some evidence to build a case. I would return the victim and bring up the accused bully and begin questioning him/her about why he is bullying other players, does he think it is alright to tease other players. I would then ask for screenshots/footage for evidence in their favour. After reviewing the evidence for both players, I would then make an unbias decision and give out a reasonable punishment/consequence. Lastly, I would tell them both that bullying is not tolerated on the server because people come here to have a good time, not be teased. 

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?: I would spectate the staff member and start recording and taking screenshots to build my case against him/her. Once I believe I have enough evidence, I would ask to have a meeting with one of the higher-ups, possibly the staff manager and fill them in on the situation. Once I have told the staff manager that, I would give him all the evidence helping my case. Once that is done, I will let the staff manager deal with it. 

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: If someone was threatening to "DDOS" the server, I would grab evidence of the situation to give the higher-ups. I would then speak with a higher-up about the problem and how I can be aided in solving this as professional as possible. I would then grab the players SteamID just incase the server gets attacked. Finally, I would give out the necessary punishment for his/her actions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

IG Time.PNG

Edited by Mate
Stated the reason for my ban.
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Thirty said:

+1 
Performed amicably from my experience with him during my time in IC/CIC would make an excellent addition to the staff team.

+1 

Since he was unbanned I have seen a serious improvement in attitude and since my joining of CIC I have gotten to see other sides of Mate and he would be a great fit for the staff team :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mate said:

No, that is the old me. I made another forums account to try and leave the past behind. Moose and I sorted it out over teamspeak. 

Regardless.

You have 2 permabans on record and one of them is a Community Ban and according to another member in the Community, You have also supposedly been permabanned on 2 other servers in the past.

I don't really believe you're ready to become a Staff Member on here.

Edited by Emerald
1 hour ago, Mate said:

No, that is the old me. I made another forums account to try and leave the past behind. Moose and I sorted it out over teamspeak. 

NEUTRAL.

Friendly bloke in-game, the only thing holding back a +1 is those bans on record.

If you can prove that they have indeed been sorted out with Moose or another staff member, then I will change my status on this.

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

Regardless.

You have 2 permabans on record and one of them is a Community Ban and according to another member in the Community, You seem to have been permabanned on 2 other Servers in the past.

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

Regardless.

You have 2 permabans on record and one of them is a Community Ban and according to another member in the Community, You seem to have been permabanned on 2 other Servers in the past.

I would like to know of these severs because I have not been perma banned on two other servers. 

I'm feeling Neutral towards your application. On one hand you've been Perma-banned more than once, but there are also people like @Auzii and @Thirty who say that you have improved towards your attitude and performance on the server. 

If I see you around I will keep an eye on you so that I can make a final decision and I will update my response to how I see should fit.

6 hours ago, Kahn said:

NEUTRAL.

Friendly bloke in-game, the only thing holding back a +1 is those bans on record.

If you can prove that they have indeed been sorted out with Moose or another staff member, then I will change my status on this.

NEUTRAL, swinging towards the -1 side if you can show that the bans have been sorted out will change to +1

Edited by Smoke
9 hours ago, Auzii said:

+1 

Since he was unbanned I have seen a serious improvement in attitude and since my joining of CIC I have gotten to see other sides of Mate and he would be a great fit for the staff team :) 

+1

Neutral

You may have improved the way you are from your last ban, but only the 501st have seen this. For the rest of the server, we haven't really heard/seen much of you

My opinion is subject to change

Good Luck Regardless!

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Emerald said:

Regardless.

You have 2 permabans on record and one of them is a Community Ban and according to another member in the Community, You have also supposedly been permabanned on 2 other servers in the past.

I agree with emeralds comment, not only do you have the 2 permabans (one was also upgraded to a community ban) but from looking at your bans and the nature behind them I do not see you fit to being apart of the staff team as I have not seen you in game and therefore your past is all i can go off of.

- Sully

• Like 1

Ok, for further detail with everyone. The first permenant ban was well deserved but the community ban was because I had a brother who used to use the same computer as me and I didn't find this out until I decided to make a ban appeal and I was able to get ahold of moose when his ALT detection software found me as an ALT user. I was able to explain to him what has happened. That is to everyone who is wondering. If Moose is happy confirming it with you, I am fine with that. Thank you for everyone's responses so far, it really aids me on what I need to do better. 

• Thinking 1

Neutral leaning towards +1.

As everyone else has stated the permanent bans are a bit off putting but from a personal perspective all my interactions in game with have been very positive. And i've found them to be a trust worthy and polite person.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Mate said:

Ok, for further detail with everyone. The first permenant ban was well deserved but the community ban was because I had a brother who used to use the same computer as me and I didn't find this out until I decided to make a ban appeal and I was able to get ahold of moose when his ALT detection software found me as an ALT user. I was able to explain to him what has happened. That is to everyone who is wondering. If Moose is happy confirming it with you, I am fine with that. Thank you for everyone's responses so far, it really aids me on what I need to do better. 

I can confirm this, as he got banned randomly and than got unbanned after talking with moose

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, Max said:

+1

Although the bans are concerning, his dedication to his regiment and his maturity could be an asset to the staff team.

+1 from me. Mate has demonstrated his improvement since his previous perma ban and I’ve seen nothing but good from him in recent times.

Also a very friendly individual who is always open to talk to which is a characteristic that could benefit the staff team.

+1 You have been a great person to hang around with and your behaviour/mood has definitely changed since your last permaban, your application is written nicely and has a decent amount of detail in it but can always be added onto. I haven't had any bad encounters with you after your last permaban. Despite you having 2 permabans and one being a Community ban I am still giving you my support based on the facts and reasons I stated above and the ones others has stated above. I don't know how long ago your last ban was lifted but you may (In my opinion) should wait a little longer before applying so you can prove to people both on the server and on the forums that you are a new person and have since changed from what you were before. God Speed and Good Luck, - Wombatiacus.

• Advisor

Denied

The community and staff have raised an issue as to you not being seen around the community / engaging in RP.

Please focus on improving this issue and you may reapply in 3 Weeks.