Apollos T-mod Application

Steam Name:  Tankerz | NGC                  

Steam ID:  
STEAM_0:0:157396157

In game name and rank:  Apollo, Shadow Guard Commander.

Time Played: 2 weeks, 18 hours. UPDATE: 3 Weeks

Why are you applying for this position?:  I decided to apply for a Trial Moderator position because I have been around for quite a while on the sever, and feel that I would be useful as a staff member as I plan to stay with Imperial Gaming for a long time. I am also applying because I think that I will be able to handle certain situations that a staff would typically encounter in a more efficient way. 

If someone were minging / breaking rules for example; I would be calm and not be biased, and I wouldnt act threatening. I'm not saying that anyone should go ‘easy’ on a rule breaker. After letting the offender off with a warning and a positive tone, I would of course keep a very close eye on him/her. E.G: Cloaking near him/her so I can see how they may act without the presence of a staff. Now, Im not saying that staff don't generally do this, in fact I know many that do, but in my experience, I’ve encountered some staff that have an attitude that is opposite to what they should have. By this I mean acting as if they are superior in a way that belittles the person they are addressing, and trying to intimidate whoever they may be talking to. Unprofessional and unnecessary. I believe the term is ‘power tripping’ and I make this point to say that I am against it and I don't get swayed easily by positions of power.

After being on the server for some time now, I am kinda fed up with seeing how some of theses problems persist.  These were some key points that motivated me to apply for this position.

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us:   I will help the team / server by being very active each day, and answering as many requests put into admin chat as I possibly can ( I know there is more to being a T-mod than just answering calls in admin chat ). I will also help by being patient in all situations, making sure I use my time as staff efficiently and stick to my duties over anything else. I also will help by understanding that if I were to be promoted past T-mod I wouldn't slack off or feel as if I don't need to do normal staff duties just because I am out of the trial stage. As stated above, I will bring my best to all situations and think things through like a staff would, setting bias aside. I also believe I'm great at seeing the difference between (and seperating) OOC and RP situations, which I beleive is key to being a good staff. I don't want to come off as cheap, but I really love this server and would love to do my part to help it in the ways I have stated.

Have you been a Staff on previous servers if so please list them: No, I have never been staff on any other Garry's Mod server, but I became 'trusted' on Poseidon Servers, allowing me to permanently have a phys gun+ tool gun, which I never misused, and always used for good purposes, like building dupes for events or tryouts.

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:  Unfortunately, I have a warn from Almost 6 months ago this year for pressing a button when i first joined the server. I also was warned by an EM for jumping around the edges of a map during an event ( around 2 months back ), but i was never verbally warned before I was officially warned ( Which I believe is unjust ), and I had A LOT on my mind at the time, which took my concentration off the game, as i was in a TS meeting with one of my Shadow Guard, and it was unfolding into an argument which led to him being kicked. I do realise that I am at fault still, of course.

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming: I will bring a positive approach to staff duties, and be eager to help in as many ways as possible. For example;  I will want to help with calls in admin chat, I will volunteer for things like hanging around in a tryout to set HP and T.P people, like some staff may not want or need to do. ( In short, I will go the extra mile. ) Side note:  I have some real-life leadership skills that I can and do bring to IG from the AAFC, in which I am currently the rank of Leading Cadet. I can also implement ways to diffuse certain situations a staff may encounter. E.G: Why punish someone (whom has broken a server rule or is close to breaking a rule) bluntly, when you can talk to them and help them regain some interest in taking the server seriously? It is very important, becuase showing that you are angry, impatient, or frustrated can make people hate their time on the server.

Anything else you would like to add: I am physically unable to be on EVERY SECOND WEEKEND, as I have to go to my dads house. ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!  

Being a role model player is my priority of course, but I know there does come a time when it is ok to have a joke and mess around a little, in the right time and place.

Terms

I, Apollo, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

+1 Good Commander. Apollo is great at roleplay and I believe he would be an awesome edition to the Staff Team.

Good Luck

Best Regards.
--
Dom

24 minutes ago, Dom said:

+1 Good Commander. Apollo is great at roleplay and I believe he would be an awesome edition to the Staff Team.

10 minutes ago, Rias Gremory said:

+1 Very good guy!, Active!, friendly!

Thanks!

+1 Apollo is a great commander and has experience, Apollo has been in Shadow Guard for a while now and doesn't look like he isn't going anywhere. Apollo being apart of staff on imperial gaming can prove to be a asset to the fellow staff team and community. Your app could have had more time to it capitalising "i". Your statements are bold and answer the question without adding on to much or swaying away from the question. You have read through the application and made your app neat and easy to understand. 

Hope you get T-Mod ;) Image result for star wars dancing gif

6 minutes ago, NovaWubbz said:

+1 Apollo is a great commander and has experience, Apollo has been in Shadow Guard for a while now and doesn't look like he isn't going anywhere. Apollo being apart of staff on imperial gaming can prove to be a asset to the fellow staff team and community. Your app could have had more time to it capitalising "i". Your statements are bold and answer the question without adding on to much or swaying away from the question. You have read through the application and made your app neat and easy to understand. 

Great feedback, thanks nova!

• Tankerz changed the title to Apollos T-mod Application

Neutral

Apollo, I would absolutely love to give you a plus one as I trust that you will do great at the Role of Trial-Moderator but my only problem is the lack of detail in this application. If you elaborate and extend your answers a little more, I will not hesitate to give you the plus one you deserve. :)

Best Wishes <3

-Mirror

+1 is a good commander and obviously knows what hes doing, also a good roleplayer. He will be a honourable player to the staff team. Good Luck

1 hour ago, Banks said:

+1 is a good commander and obviously knows what hes doing, also a good roleplayer. He will be a honourable player to the staff team. Good Luck

2 hours ago, Mirror said:

Neutral

Apollo, I would absolutely love to give you a plus one as I trust that you will do great at the Role of Trial-Moderator but my only problem is the lack of detail in this application. If you elaborate and extend your answers a little more, I will not hesitate to give you the plus one you deserve. :)

Best Wishes <3

-Mirror

Thanks for the feedback boys. Also Mirror I don't think I can edit it now, but i will keep it in mind, cheers <3.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Tankerz said:

Thanks for the feedback boys. Also Mirror I don't think I can edit it now, but i will keep it in mind, cheers <3.

The same happened with me. An edit option didn't appear for ages and only recently it just randomly popped up, not sure why. You can always post your edit in the replies and quote me so I can see it. :) 

Good Luck

-Mirror 

Application has in my mind, good detail in terms of answers. Elaborating in the Warns department really showing how you think about the environment in a situation of events. Also just adding in about not being on every 2nd weekend, is a great detail on the activity side.

So ticks for Truthfulness, detail, and Good Communication of specifics.

I have known Apollo since he first became a Trainee of the Shadow Guard, back in the days when Loki was SG Commander, Wilson was RG, and I had only become an acting Trooper Commander myself.

For the amount of time I've seen him, He has never been involved in any problems or misguided decisions that I've ever seen. He has always greeted me, and listened to whatever I had to say.

Since he become Commander, he has become really easy to talk to, mainly because there is now more than 1 voice in the conversation. Now with the higher rank to speak publicly in Shadow Guard, he maintains their reputation, and adds to it in quiet and benefiting ways.

I think a Shadow and Royal Guard Mod in each is a great idea. And the Sith will only get scarier and more forceful. 

I like how his writing ain't all red aswell, easy to read. +1  (~*~)

4 hours ago, Divisionary said:

Application has in my mind, good detail in terms of answers. Elaborating in the Warns department really showing how you think about the environment in a situation of events. Also just adding in about not being on every 2nd weekend, is a great detail on the activity side.

So ticks for Truthfulness, detail, and Good Communication of specifics.

I have known Apollo since he first became a Trainee of the Shadow Guard, back in the days when Loki was SG Commander, Wilson was RG, and I had only become an acting Trooper Commander myself.

For the amount of time I've seen him, He has never been involved in any problems or misguided decisions that I've ever seen. He has always greeted me, and listened to whatever I had to say.

Since he become Commander, he has become really easy to talk to, mainly because there is now more than 1 voice in the conversation. Now with the higher rank to speak publicly in Shadow Guard, he maintains their reputation, and adds to it in quiet and benefiting ways.

I think a Shadow and Royal Guard Mod in each is a great idea. And the Sith will only get scarier and more forceful. 

I like how his writing ain't all red aswell, easy to read. +1  (~*~)

I really appreciate that Divisionary, thanks.

+1

Apollo is a very active and mature person who never minges or breaks the rules on the server. I see him actively role play and try to uphold the rules of the server and I think he would make a great moderator. 

(changed from neutral to +1)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...