Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I know this is a pretty real and hefty topic for a fun game server's forums, but in the same instance, I really wanted to make this just because some people who are undeveloped intellectually (most of us playing are, because you fully intellectually develop at age 25) can suffer from the grasps of gambling addiction. This is being made because recently we added Texas Hold'Em to the server which allows for the gambling of chips that can be purchased using our credits system.

This is very similar to real life where you work for your credits (money), you can then spend it on chips and gamble it against people. Now, this isn't me saying that people can develop a gambling addiction or that people are going to develop it through playing with no risk, but the tendencies still arrive and there is the slim chance that it can happen, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself because I've seen the problems of addiction and what can come of it if its left untreated.

Addiction is defined as "what happens when someone compulsively engages in behaviors such as drug taking, gambling, drinking or gaming. Even when bad side effects kick in and people feel like they’re losing control, addicts usually can't stop doing the thing they’re addicted to without help and support."

I am only making this to just make sure, and to make myself feel better, and to help anyone who may feel this, even though it is a game because tendencies learned in video games are easily replicable in real life, and I don't want, a few years down the track even, anyone from Imperial Gaming to feel the scourge of addiction.

 

So, simply, if you're feeling addicted in any way shape or form, I urge you to reach out and call,
- Gambler's Help Line @ 1800 858 858
- Go to Reach Out Australia's Website @
 https://au.reachout.com/tough-times/addiction

 

To those of you who aren't concerned about this, don't worry about this post, let it fly past and don't touch it, but I just wanted to make sure and keep everybody safe.

Stay safe folks, especially around the Holiday Season, your friends and family love you, and if they don't, the folks here at Imperial Gaming do.

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, as I said, there’s nothing wrong with it, but in the same instance, I just wanted to let people know while we’re still in the early days of it so if they see it in themselves or others, to make sure to speak about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem isn't prevalent @Bailey because A) the sources you mentioned deal with actual money and B) You can't buy the credits with irl cash, so there is no risk-> reward... if I lose 200 credits in a game well, rip? I'm not going to call an addiction service and say 

"Yeah, hey, my name is X, and on this video game I play, I have a gambling addiction. I do these quests for credits, and I use these credits to play blackjack and likewise."

In fact, I am aware it would be actually illegal if they started selling credits for money, as the playerbase is majority minors (18 under) and therefore would be illegal. Said, if you actually called them up, and said your age, it may prompt a investigation to underage gambling. 

Thanks.

  • Facepalm 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Katelyn said:

The problem isn't prevalent @Bailey because A) the sources you mentioned deal with actual money and B) You can't buy the credits with irl cash, so there is no risk-> reward... if I lose 200 credits in a game well, rip? I'm not going to call an addiction service and say 

"Yeah, hey, my name is X, and on this video game I play, I have a gambling addiction. I do these quests for credits, and I use these credits to play blackjack and likewise."

In fact, I am aware it would be actually illegal if they started selling credits for money, as the playerbase is majority minors (18 under) and therefore would be illegal. Said, if you actually called them up, and said your age, it may prompt a investigation to underage gambling. 

Thanks.

I swear you are on these forums to chat shit, I’ve never seen you say anything constructive. Obviously you are a very short minded person, because whilst yes, you aren’t directly gambling with a real currency in game, you are still developing addictive tendacies that can carry over. 

  • Downvote 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Katelyn said:

The problem isn't prevalent @Bailey because A) the sources you mentioned deal with actual money and B) You can't buy the credits with irl cash, so there is no risk-> reward... if I lose 200 credits in a game well, rip? I'm not going to call an addiction service and say 

"Yeah, hey, my name is X, and on this video game I play, I have a gambling addiction. I do these quests for credits, and I use these credits to play blackjack and likewise."

In fact, I am aware it would be actually illegal if they started selling credits for money, as the playerbase is majority minors (18 under) and therefore would be illegal. Said, if you actually called them up, and said your age, it may prompt a investigation to underage gambling. 

Thanks.

I understand that we haven’t actually got money to spend on credits which can then be gambled, but these kinds of tendencies can still emerge especially within the younger playerbase that may be using the Hold’Em tables.

I only made this post to just let people know it’s still possible, and to keep an eye on it, and provide support for people that may be suffering because of it, or because of other reasons.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gregis said:

I swear you are on these forums to chat shit, I’ve never seen you say anything constructive. Obviously you are a very short minded person, because whilst yes, you aren’t directly gambling with a real currency in game, you are still developing addictive tendacies that can carry over. 

I'm sorry for voicing my opinion

  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I understand that we haven’t actually got money to spend on credits which can then be gambled, but these kinds of tendencies can still emerge especially within the younger playerbase that may be using the Hold’Em tables.

I only made this post to just let people know it’s still possible, and to keep an eye on it, and provide support for people that may be suffering because of it, or because of other reasons.

Good explanation

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not addicted i swear *Scraches arm* I just love chips...                     I was drawn to this post because i do myself play the poker on the server alot i enjoy it, i can see people get annoyed at me for being happy that i have lots of chips its just im very competative and i like to be the best so sorry to anyone if they think im being rude or anything.

 

And side note i have played poker for many years with my family as a fun card game and with my friends if we are drinking at a mates and its very competative with them and it carries over :)

Great post bailey i think that this could get out of hand if people dont control themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...