Hey Guys, Just wanted a place to put all my suggestions for the server.

a few of the major ones in my opinion would be

Updating your scoreboard, It's nice and all but it's sometimes a bit hard to look at. I'd recommend using ascoreboard (https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/3365) as it can be very useful in 

• Showing which staff are online in a separate tab.
  • Showing the players online and the current map being used
  • Showcasing your rules in one of the tab menus
  • Showcasing the content pack link in one of the tab menus
  • It is also compatible with the jobrankssystem
  • It also allows you to get peoples Name's, Steamid, community links and previous aliases on the server (nicknames)
  • Easy to use ULX Commands on people ingame via clicking their name in the leaderboard

Discord server.

I am aware that you guys operate off of TeamSpeak but Discord is much nicer as well and much easier to use.

TeamSpeak can probably have negative influences on people about all the negative stuff heard about it. Discord is a lot more secure and having a place other than the forums that people can actively communicate via chat or voicechat.

As I'm aware a lot of people use discord servers for their regiments and rarely touch the TeamSpeak unless they're cl3+

Custom Chatbox

You guys should update the chatbox to something more appealing, Garry's mod chatbox is fine but it feels a bit nostalgic.

It's nothing major thought just food for thought.

Disable Packages when they've been bought

I've seen all 3 bounty hunters get purchased. and yet someones bought bossk again just today. (Two people own the bossk package right now, Jovan and Ramirez, within a 1 day span)

You guys can easily avoid this by having someone actively disabling the packages when they are bought for lore characters or just making it disable after being bought (You can re enable it if someone decides to give up their package)

Now with quests. I'm directing this one mainly towards ISB

I don't have much time on the server but in my time I've been cuffed a few times without consent for "quest progress" as well as being punched to death for their "quest progress"

Thanks for reading and I Hope you can take these into consideration.

• Thinking 1

I think having a simple tab menu and a simple chat box is better in my opinion. It creates more of an in-game focus and isn't too cluttered. The scoreboard you suggested is too complex and almost cluttered in my opinion. 

EDIT: We actually do have a discord.

Edited by Ramirez

I think these are good little additions, but they don't really MAKE the server, they make us seem like other servers, the uniqueness of our server is what makes it compared to other servers, these things are small and aren't really necessary.

The packages when they've been bought one is fair enough.

21 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Now with quests. I'm directing this one mainly towards ISB

I don't have much time on the server but in my time I've been cuffed a few times without consent for "quest progress" as well as being punched to death for their "quest progress"

I'll definitely have a word with the lads about this

Have seen this scoreboard used by so many servers, it's just so common now that you expect to see it in every darkrp server you go into. IG is not DarkRP. The Tab menu we have is fine in my opinion, as it lets the community scroll through instead of having to click on this button then that button

Alternatively i'd recommend using silkboard.

Just want to say they're suggestions and my opinions I am open to everyone elses opinions on these cheers guys.

Edited by Mongo

Teamspeak is alot more customizable with perms and icons and more accustom to 128 players being on it at once. Also last i checked it was more secure thanks to its security certificates etc.

With the quest system it was only just released so all the little knicks and nacks are still being worked out.

I appreciate the suggestions but they are hardly "major" more like alternative options I like the scoreboard we currently have its light weight and easy to read. Spend some more time playing and you might agree too :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think these are good little additions, but they don't really MAKE the server

I agree with this, though I would love to see these small additions added.

To be honest I think that if we do use the same things the server won’t be as unique etc so their for making our own things will make us look more proffesional in the gmod world

(On my phone right now)

12 hours ago, Mongo said:

I am aware that you guys operate off of TeamSpeak but Discord is much nicer as well and much easier to use.

We do have separate reg discords... the only problem with a joint discord is people raiding voice channels and mic spamming...

12 hours ago, Tonberry said:

I'll definitely have a word with the lads about this

I mean check if he was AOS at the time...? IDK...

On a final note, custom chat box would look sick

@Kahn U got a custom chatbox made? if so send some pix on here <3

Edited by Pendragon

23 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

I mean check if he was AOS at the time...? IDK...

Yeah I wondered about the circumstances around this, particularly as he states my men were beating him to death... The fists only do 50 damage in the quest before they are removed, so unless he was already injured, this should have not been possible.  I've told the boys not to abuse quests regardless

23 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

We do have separate reg discords... the only problem with a joint discord is people raiding voice channels and mic spamming...

This is already a problem in TS xD looking at you @Robo

*loud windows shutdown noise*

Edited by Tonberry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

The fists only do 50 damage in the quest before they are removed, so unless he was already injured, this should have not been possible.

Always thought they did 25... well good job on telling your boys.

Just now, Pendragon said:

Always thought they did 25... well good job on telling your boys.

As in the quest counts up to a certain amount of damage and once you hit that, the quest is complete and fists are removed from your inventory

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ramirez said:

EDIT: We actually do have a discord.

Link please 

And these ideas don't sound half bad 

The feel of the scoreboard we have now feels super clean and unique

If I want to check if someone is online simply press tab scroll down maximum 4 times and find the person I want, no need for extra tabs and more utility functions, this will just clutter it. As for adding the dividers in between, the different colours work perfectly, and once again make it clean

Chatbox looks simple and nice, very easy to scroll up to see previous chat, type, and also see suggestions in a non obstrusive way on the side for commands and such.

Having a discord for the server makes everything super cluttered and lets face it, no one would use the voice channels in that thing, everyone would use their own discord for specific regiments anyway. The team speak allows everyone in the same place, everyone is easily contactable, and all cl3+ have to be in there so there is easy communication between regiments. Also allowing them to be in team speak and discord at the same time. ( personally I use discord for all text based messages and communication to my regiment whilst they are offline or not in game, and then during game I use the team speak so anyone can easily jump in the channel to have a quick word ) The only disadvantage is not being able to communicate widely across everyone that is in the community updates or changes to the server with @everyones for instance but we fix that problem with our forums that anyone can access from either their phone or computer.

As for the packages for bounty hunter role, good idea, not sure if someone already does that, may have been a little late with that instance you mentioned.

Anyways, that’s my opinion, thanks for the suggestions regardless.

Cheers, Planz

• Upvote 1

Our scoreboard is super clean and simple with easy to view colour coding, I dont think we need a new one. TS is also easier to organise and manage (in my opinion), thats why so many communities use it. Discord should only be kept to regiments for announcements and updates etc.

• Like 1

Hi @Mongo ,

Thank you for the suggestions and please keep having them come forward but in answer to a few of the below ones.

Scoreboard
We use an extremely custom game mode that means we have to heavily alter anything we purchase that is DarkRP only. This obviously takes time for the Devs to do and currently have other projects that are a higher priority. Most members prefer the sleek design as it is cleaner. As in the case of server rules putting them in one tab would be an absolute nightmare as we have so many manuals working for different RP areas, To see the approved documents go to !links whilst in game.

Discord V TS3
I personally hate Discord and believe that it is too dumbed down in regards to running large servers. The fact that you have to set each individual role for a person instead of just giving them a channel password is just something else someone has to manage. At this stage, Teamspeak will remain our single official point of Voice Channel, Hopefully, TS5 once released will improve certain elements.

Custom Chatbox
As you said not anything major and currently higher level projects in the works.

Donation Packages
I'm currently looking into this as we speak so thank you for the reminder!

ISB Quests
@Guskywalker
 Can you please look at this with ISB and come up with a better way for your personnel. Now with quests.

Hopefully, that answered some things for you and if you have any ideas to improve the community please bring them forward.

Kindly,
Whitey

4 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Have at em whitey! BTW tonberry is supposed 2 be talking about that with them about the cuffing/beating thing... should stop soonish

-Pendragon

10 hours ago, Tonberry said:

This is already a problem in TS xD looking at you @Robo

*loud windows shutdown noise*

*looks around the room as if nothing has happened*

10 seconds later....

*hits earrape bind button*

• Haha 2

You have some great ideas however i agree with what bailey said,

On 12/3/2018 at 4:47 PM, Bailey said:

I think these are good little additions, but they don't really MAKE the server, they make us seem like other servers, the uniqueness of our server is what makes it compared to other servers, these things are small and aren't really necessary.

The packages when they've been bought one is fair enough.

However, if you have any more suggestions or ideas please voice them. I think that me and the IG staff would love continue hearing community input and ideas to improve and continue the growth of our community.