Credit Shakedowns

Hey there, so Yesterday the Credit system was added to the server and currently its been a blast, its absolutely sweet, its got its problems with the bugs, but they'll be smashed out eventually. The problem that I've come across, is the credit system being abused by people. Some examples that I have come across are

• Tool Booths in Main Hallways
  • Paying for Pilots Licenses
  • "Pay your taxes"
  • "Give me credits or die"
  • "Do you want a tour through x?"
  • Minigames, rigged or not rigged

Now, a couple of these are in good fun, some examples of good-hearted credit transactions and ones carried out through proper Roleplay are (in my opinion):

• Paying Bounty Hunters for an assassination or kidnapping
  • Paying someone for a good or service.
  • Gambling in Texas Hold'Em
  • Betting each other over Chess or Checkers.
  • People paying to get out of the Brig.

I just personally think there should be some rules about this because people are being shaken down for their credits and some are just farming credits up for no reason than to have them. This also really disillusions people in regards to RP, why are people who are usually good people trying to steal credits out of other Imperial's hands? As well as, if they are doing that, why aren't people trying to stop them and crack down on it?

Nonetheless, many people today have said "Is this Star Wars RP or DarkRP with gambling plugins?" and I can somewhat agree due to the shakedowns and the extortions that are going on around the ship when they seriously shouldn't be, not every Imperial was an asshole who would bend the rules to get some credits.

Just my thoughts and wanting a definitive, do, don't list in regards to credits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

As a ISB member, I will be definitely cracking down on people attempting to extort others. As it is against the law. But yeah, I agree with you.

Though I'm not saying people can't attempt to extort people or anything though, I just mean that they can get arrested for it.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

+1. I've come across multiple people (who will remain unnamed) in multiple regiments, even those meant to "enforce" the law, who are threatening people for not paying them credits. People are setting up toll booths, making people pay for entry to zones such as the ILC or even the officers lounge. I personally have witnessed people being threatened with punishments for not paying, such as being arrested, executed or worse. This has turned the servers current state from fun for everyone to a ruined experience for newcomers or people that dont know their rights and are inexperienced with how to handle situations like this. I have even heard someone say "Is he actually about to cry" whilst shaking someone down. It's acceptable in some RP cases, but this is going too far IMO. Extortion definitely counts as RP, hell shakedowns aren't even unrealistic. Doing it to this extent, however, continuously for hours on end, repeatedly targeting new players or lower ranking people or even using your own high rank to force people to pay you should be considered power playing, and threatens the experience for users on the server. The way it's being used at the moment is just wrong.

Edited by Relegator
  • Upvote 2

Yeah agreed it’s quite stupid when I get robbed and end up killing the person and then they get all snarly about Fail RP and all...

Someone tried to rob me in front of Grand Admiral so I murdered them brutally.

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Upvote 1

Im fine personally with most of the stuff stated above as long as they can accept in character punishments. The real issues with the credit systems is the fact that there isnt a way to remove credits from the economy passively. 

• Downvote 1
4 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

Someone tried to rob me in front of Grand Admiral so I murdered them brutally.

Ma man.

Also on the topic of credits/quests can someone get a hand on deck for the ones that are broken? particulary the Laugh at Palpy one? thanks <3

On another note, anyone who tries to rob me I will gun down, no questions asked, That or I will AOS you and arrest you... probably just shoot you though...

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 1

Give it two days and people will get bored, it's only really happening on such a scale because it's new.  The hype will die down in a few days and we'll be back to business as usual.  In the meantime, I'll make sure my boys crack down on any undeclared supplementary incomes being earned by imperial personnel from dodgy dealings such as this.  Shit ain't getting taxed, which means COMPNOR ain't getting their cut - this is not acceptable to the empire!

• Like 1

The quest system is a great idea, but another thing is I was doing tryouts in MH1 and pretty much the whole server at the time were focused on the quests and no one came to the tryouts. Even tho there were a lot of ST's online at the time. I saw this happen with 442nd and Sith Tryouts Yesterday.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:38 AM, Kestoren said:

As a ISB member, I will be definitely cracking down on people attempting to extort others. As it is against the law. But yeah, I agree with you.

Though I'm not saying people can't attempt to extort people or anything though, I just mean that they can get arrested for it.

I believe that if you are dumb enough to be scammed, then you deserve to get scammed. Now tool shops in the halls doesn't really seem like a problem to me as it creates RP.

• Like 1