In Game Regiment: ST

Ban Details

image.png.59a0108366b0dff150ebae106ff04154.png

How long was the ban for: Permanent

Which staff member banned you: Whitey

What date did the ban occur: 04/09/18

What was the reason for the ban: Scripting

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned:
There were a lot of events leading up to what caused me to be banned. I believe it began when I started to lose interest in the server as a whole, I've been around for a little bit in the community, and had joined most of the unique regiments on the server, whenever I would find a regiment I had liked, I would join and play for hours on end, and then see another interesting regiment, and join that one. By the time I had realised i preferred the previous regiment more, and that they had people that were irreplaceable, the people I liked in the regiment had left the community.  (e.g Apollo or Cronos) This led me on a hunt for someone who I actually liked as a commander. Around this time my mindset also changed to not have an interest in trooper regiments at all, and I still don't.

More recently, I had joined Shadow Troopers with Crims as the commander. Crims was inactive, and it wasn't really his fault, but I didn't leave the regiment in fear of not finding a good commander once again. So I instead searched for ways to entertain myself, I would usually just bhop up and around the map, abusing climbswep a ton, and I could escape people who would chase after me simply by just bhopping away, I would often climbswep abuse into the sith temple before the guards could even notice, and I thought "If it's this good naturally, how evasive could I be with perfect hops?". I injected and flew around the map, at first it was somewhat discreet, but as I lost more and more interest I began to do more outrageous things with it. I flew into the sith temple, and managed to bhop out, evading RST's bullets. I was later interrogated and PK'd, my only excuse to the Inferno Agent being "It was fun".

Then one night, I was on with a few friends, bhopping around with my scripts, and I wanted to see how far I could take it, I would get someone angry, then just evade them until they lost me, and at one point started climb swep abusing from TIE Bays and hitting the invisible MH1 wall by flying out the TIE Bay doors.

Eventually, someone had a deeper look (Whitey I believe) and he saw that I injected, I was later brought into a sit with Moose, Whitey and Ridge, and questioned. It was a pretty short lived conversation;

Whitey: Do you know why you're here?
Me: no
Whitey: Why are you scripting?
Me: got really bored

As I've found out, that isn't exactly a great excuse.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance:
I like to believe that I was a tolerable member of the community, only having 3? warns under my belt, one of them being for scripting seconds before I was banned. If this were under normal circumstances I would not have scripted, while I accept that it is no excuse, IG was the only thing I was playing at the time, I was utterly bored. I wanted to want to play IG, and the scripts were a substitute for my personal interest. When I find a regiment I genuinely enjoy,  for example, Inquisitors first time around, Pilots, Navy, I try my best not to do anything wrong, it's been three months, and I have developed an interest to want to see the new map, and load into the server again, if only for a short while.

I'll try and add to this appeal as it grows, but as you can tell there isn't much legitimate reason for scripting, and I acknowledge that, but I was never an outright minge, and want to earn a spot back on the server.

Edited by Jellal

-1, I don't believe you've changed yet you've been incredibly toxic towards me and others in the past and I feel like a bit more time is required before you are allowed back into the community. Aswell as this scripting is also a big no no and is a obvious one which I feel you were definitly aware at the time of what you were doing hence the punishment that was given.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Splonter said:

-1, I don't believe you've changed yet you've been incredibly toxic towards me and others in the past and I feel like a bit more time is required before you are allowed back into the community. Aswell as this scripting is also a big no no and is a obvious one which I feel you were definitely aware at the time of what you were doing hence the punishment that was given.

EDIT:

Neutral

After some reconsideration, I believe you should be given another chance as the ban was a while ago.

However, If you are allowed back you should be put on a short trial period so you can prove that you are actually here to roleplay and contribute to the Community.

Edited by Emerald
3 hours ago, Splonter said:

-1, I don't believe you've changed yet you've been incredibly toxic towards me and others in the past and I feel like a bit more time is required before you are allowed back into the community. Aswell as this scripting is also a big no no and is a obvious one which I feel you were definitly aware at the time of what you were doing hence the punishment that was given.

3 hours ago, Emerald said:

I never said I wasn't aware of what I was doing, I just didn't care about the consequences at the time. It's been probably around 4-5 months since I've even heard of you Splonter, so I couldn't have been toxic recently, and I was never toxic to Emerald.

Also, I wasn't banned for toxicity, I was banned for scripting. There is no "time to change" or anything, it takes 5 seconds to turn off your scripts.

Edited by Jellal

I think Nox can be given a strict chance. I remember him back a while ago and he was a really good and very nice guy. He has added a good amount a detail into the Appeal showing he cares and truely wants to return. Having Nox around again would be really good and I don’t think he’ll fail to disappoint. Just a strict trial period is needed or even a ban reduction. 

1 minute ago, Ramirez said:

I think Nox can be given a strict chance. I remember him back a while ago and he was a really good and very nice guy. He has added a good amount a detail into the Appeal showing he cares and truely wants to return. Having Nox around again would be really good and I don’t think he’ll fail to disappoint. Just a strict trial period is needed or even a ban reduction. 

Thank you, BUT.

I do not understand why I would be put on a trial period or one warn policy or anything of the sort.
With people like Proven who have 28 warns or something, I can see why you get a one warn policy, but I have 3 warns and a ban. There was no malicious intent behind my scripting, and if their anti-cheat can detect me once it can detect me again. Don't see a need for a trial policy if I'd most likely just get an instant community ban the next time i scripted.

• Thinking 1
15 hours ago, Ramirez said:

• Chopz locked this topic