Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eclipse

Automated Steamnam3s

If you're using pablo's activity monitor, you'll probably notice how troopers never tell you if they've changed their name, making tracking their activity slightly more difficult. With this guide Steamnames will automatically update. 

First, create a new column on the sheet where everyone's name is, it can be anywhere. Uptop, if you have headings for columns name it SteamID64s

Next, get your troopers SteamID64s, by using !steamid64 and fill in the column. 

Next, create a new sheet and name it "SteamnameGrabber" 

Next, in cell A1 put in "=TRANSPOSE(1:1)"

Nothing should come up. 

Next, go into script editor, tools>script

Then put in this

var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();

function SteamNameGrabber() 

var sheet = ss.getSheetByName("SteamnameGrabber")

for(var i = 2 ; i <= 53 ; i++){

sheet.getRange(1, i).setValue("=IFERROR(IMPORTXML(CONCATENATE(\"https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/\" , \"Roster Sheet Name\"!Column in which STEAMID64 are found" + i +"), \"//span[@class=\'actual_persona_name\']\"),\" \")" )

}

}

Replace the bolded and underlined items with what it says. 

Now, run the script. 

Back to the roster, delete all the steam names and replace the first one with =ARRAY_CONSTRAIN(SteamID32Grabber!A(Where you want the Steamnames to start), A(Where you want them to finish), 19, 1)

Replace the bolded and underlined items with what it says. 

That's it! 

If anything is broken, tell me and I'll fix the instructions. I wrote this on a phone so can't be sure if I accidentally broke stuff. 

And if a staff member wants to change the bolded and underlined sections to colour, feel free as I can't. 

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm just going to guess this is for roster spreadsheets and what not. Most spreadsheets that I've seen already use steamID's anyway

12 minutes ago, Bevan said:

I'm just going to guess this is for roster spreadsheets and what not. Most spreadsheets that I've seen already use steamID's anyway

That's moose's system in which he created a custom website, of which I never got permission to use. Only navy and sith use that system from what I know* 

Edited by Eclipse

Just now, Eclipse said:

That's moose's system in which he created a custom website, of which I never got permission to use. Only navy and sith use that system. 

Shore uses it.

Just now, Bevan said:

Shore uses it.

I never said they didn't get permission. I prefer to ask before I use it.

I also find my system allows for easier contact with people. 

25 minutes ago, ANiX said:

If you need help with spreadsheets just come see people in regional gov.

mmm Yeh, it is a part of what they are there for, Or go to the support team?

17 minutes ago, Ash said:

Spreadsheets are a part of Government’s job. I think @Brass created the majority of regimental spreadsheets. Just last night he spent multiple hours teaching us how to identify errors in them and a range of useful formulas.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Ash said:

This isn't requesting help, this is a guide to add to the activity monitor. This is something I created because I found the current spreadsheets able to be improved. 

Originally, I had asked Brass if he had a like system, which they did not. 

27 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Spreadsheets are a part of Government’s job. I think @Brass created the majority of regimental spreadsheets. Just last night he spent multiple hours teaching us how to identify errors in them and a range of useful formulas.

Spreadsheets are mainly their job. However I've made a range of spreadsheets related to the server and it's not restricted to just government.