Since when was this a thing?

So this was recently told to me and i found it really annoying:

People with any type of pilots license can only use them in events.

Now I find that a load of shite because people outside of events with licenses that are not pilots (mainly other troopers) have been granted heaps!

Can someone please explain what the hell is going on and since when this was a rule?

• Thinking 1

Pilot Licenses are a privilege to have once you reach Officer Cadet +, Troopers with a Pilot License can get denied or granted to fly at any moment. The purpose of a trooper pilot license is so that they are backup for when there are no / not enough pilots online at that current time, for example when taking off from Mh1 for an event. Today I saw you request to take off from MH2 and you got denied, and started to talk about it in OOC, Just because you have a pilot license doesn't mean you can be granted to fly 24/7.  

Edited by Rickle
  • Upvote 2

Back in the day when pilot's licences were separated into Class 1, 2 and 3, I had my Class 3 licence revoked for flying a TIE around during an event while there were pilots on, even when I was assisting them in bringing down enemy craft. It's only been a few days since I've gotten my licence back (which is the result of laziness more than anything else but still).

If pilots are on, they get full priority over those who simply hold a pilot's licence. I remember this being written somewhere that if any pilots are online, NOBODY ELSE is allowed to fly ships unless during an emergency. If you don't want to go through a lengthy, unnecessary chat with higher-ups regarding your licence getting revoked, I suggest not trying to fly around when pilots are on.

Edited by SCHEFF

Not much else to say here, they're both correct in this regard, and that pilot licenses are made so if pilots aren't on, which they usually are, we can have competent people in the air when necessary.

• Upvote 1

The main reason why you say loads of people have been granted is purely because of their PL tests that we conduct with them. If they are flying for the sake of it then they should be talked to. Others on this post have also said it quite well and would like to reiterate that this has always been a thing but has only been brought up every know and then. Now like I said on the server to you, some Navy mainly the new Navy members may not know this which is ok to a degree, but they should get taught this and hopefully they do, which would resolve this problem.