Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Knight

Bailey's Staff Report

Staff Member: Event Master Bailey440071340_ScreenShot2018-11-04at10_47_30pm.thumb.png.7002f1d71423893d42fbf1781833ceaf.png
Time: 9:00pm 4/11/18
Whiteness: None that I know of, maybe the other shock troopers know.

Hello,
I would like to make a report against Event Master Shock Trooper Bailey for using ULX abilities to teleport to me to see where I was during an AOS on myself, I have a full video evidence that shows two blatant uses of teleport to player, cloak and no-clip commands. I understand that Bailey is probably trusted because he has had Event Master for a couple of months but I feel this shouldn't be gone unnoticed.

Please watch the entire video but here are the Points of Interest: 2m50s, 5m30s.

P.S. At the time I did not know it was against the rules to shoot back when they were chasing me, I am sorry for that.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Upvote 7

Around 90 players on and using staff powers to metagame ESPECIALLY as an EM is very disappointing.

• Like 1

This is incredibly disappointing. The fact that Bailey conveniently shows up at the next location as if he were searching the area (or by the behaviour shown in this video, actively seeking out your known location) in an attempt to hide the fact that he had metagamed literally seconds ago, shows that this is premeditated and practiced decision. Bailey knew how much power he had as a staff member and has obviously exploited this.

I admit, in the past I have acted the same: I have teleported to a target that I didn't know the location of to find out where they were. But as I wasn't a Shock Trooper, I had no place to enforce this knowledge, nor could I use any reasonable roleplay reason to act upon my exploit. In the end, it turned into just back-of-the-mind knowledge that I didn't tell anybody about or use to interfere with roleplay, something Bailey has obviously done here. I regret my past decisions to act in this way and now, with a report against him no less, Bailey hopefully will too and act in ways to improve.

I personally believe apt punishment in this situation is that Bailey is demoted or removed from the Shock Troopers and gets a strike or, mercifully, a warning by Management.

• Upvote 1

+1 for a Punishment

Not a Staff Warning which as Katelyn has pointed out is legitimately just nothing...I will remove my earlier statement about a removal but something more serious should be done...

Maybe this could be solved over CSGO.....xD

Edited by Boris
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Bailey... mate.... you could have stayed in navy and this would never have happend... Y did you do this?

On reviewing the footage it might not have been been bailey, if you can clearly say that the guy who TPd too you had a SK/RT player model then it was bailey

If not, it was probably someone in TS/Discord with him 

Edited by NovaPendragon
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 4
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Boris said:

+1 

Removal from Team. If he can't be trusted to not abuse his powers then he can't be trusted to be on the team

3 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

This is incredibly disappointing. The fact that Bailey conveniently shows up at the next location as if he were searching the area (or by the behaviour shown in this video, actively seeking out your known location) in an attempt to hide the fact that he had metagamed literally seconds ago, shows that this is premeditated and practiced decision. Bailey knew how much power he had as a staff member and has obviously exploited this.

I admit, in the past I have acted the same: I have teleported to a target that I didn't know the location of to find out where they were. But as I wasn't a Shock Trooper, I had no place to enforce this knowledge, nor could I use any reasonable roleplay reason to act upon my exploit. In the end, it turned into just back-of-the-mind knowledge that I didn't tell anybody about or use to interfere with roleplay, something Bailey has obviously done here. I regret my past decisions to act in this way and now, with a report against him no less, Bailey hopefully will too and act in ways to improve.

I personally believe apt punishment in this situation is that Bailey is demoted or removed from the Shock Troopers and gets a strike or, mercifully, a warning by Management.

My comment is most likely affected by bias as me and bailey are good friends, but whilst i cant deny the evidence i don't believe he should be removed from the EM team or demoted. I believe a staff warn would be far more suitable in this situation, and based of other punishments i have seen on the server people have gotten away with a lot worst with just a warn themselves. Loosing bailey from the EM team would be a grievous mistake in my opinion as the events he creates are of a high quality. 

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Basil said:

My comment is most likely affected by bias as me and bailey are good friends, but whilst i cant deny the evidence i don't believe he should be removed from the EM team or demoted. I believe a staff warn would be far more suitable in this situation, and based of other punishments i have seen on the server people have gotten away with a lot worst with just a warn themselves. Loosing bailey from the EM team would be a grievous mistake in my opinion. 

This ^

1 minute ago, Basil said:

My comment is most likely affected by bias as me and bailey are good friends, but whilst i cant deny the evidence i don't believe he should be removed from the EM team or demoted. I believe a staff warn would be far more suitable in this situation, and based of other punishments i have seen on the server people have gotten away with a lot worst with just a warn themselves. Loosing bailey from the EM team would be a grievous mistake in my opinion. 

Agreed, while the evidence is damning and punishment should definitely be given, Bailey should only be given a staff warn. He is an experienced EM and he’s a very good one as well.

As Basil has said, losing Bailey would be a terrible loss.

Thanks for the Report Knight
As an Event Master Bailey should definitely not be 
using ulx commands on troopers outside of events.
It clearly shows him TP'ing and then instantly 
finding you seconds later. This is Meta-Gaming
I wouldn't be surprised with how quickly he got to you after you saw him that he simply no-clipped behind the wall and walked back out seconds later.
Not only did he use TP for knowledge of your location, but he also used it to get to you quicker, which just adds to his abuse of Staff Powers

I have nothing personal against Bailey. However, him abusing powers greatly disappoints me.
I'm sorry you had to have that happened to you Knight, well-done on collecting the evidence and editing the video to make it clear and easy to see.

Management will have to speak with him and work out the correct punishment, this sort of Staff Powers Abuse should not go unnoticed .

Cheers, Planz 

Edited by Planz

9 minutes ago, NovaPendragon said:

Bailey... mate.... you could have stayed in navy and this would never have happend... Y did you do this?

Why would you even say something like this?

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

26 minutes ago, Basil said:

My comment is most likely affected by bias as me and bailey are good friends, but whilst i cant deny the evidence i don't believe he should be removed from the EM team or demoted. I believe a staff warn would be far more suitable in this situation, and based of other punishments i have seen on the server people have gotten away with a lot worst with just a warn themselves. Loosing bailey from the EM team would be a grievous mistake in my opinion as the events he creates are of a high quality. 

Now for the people saying he should leave Shock, I'm letting Axx decide if he gets demoted or kicked from the regiment

28 minutes ago, Basil said:

I 100% Agree with this statement.

• Thinking 1

Giving a full removal is both unfair and unjust to the situation. However, recieveing a staff warn (Esentically a slap on the wrist) is also too low. Giving Bailey a demotion and also giving Bailey a month long probation period in case he does wrong again, so he can be easily removed for wrong doing.

And apologies to Knight for having to write this based off of Bailey's abuse of staff rank.

• Upvote 7

Just now, Katelyn said:

Giving a full removal is both unfair and unjust to the situation. However, recieveing a staff warn (Esentically a slap on the wrist) is also too low. Giving Bailey a demotion and also giving Bailey a month long probation period in case he does wrong again, so he can be easily removed for wrong doing.

And apologies to Knight for having to write this based off of Bailey's abuse of staff rank.

^

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Katelyn said:

1 hour ago, Katelyn said:

agreed ^^

Simple. I did something very stupid because I assumed this guy was a minge, and I was not having an easy night, nonetheless. However, you are all correct, what I did there was wrong and I should not have done it even when I assumed this person was a minge. Fair enough you didn't realise you weren't allowed to shoot back in the first place. To put it simply, whatever punishment I receive for this is going to be just because I have broken the main rule as an Event Master, don't abuse your powers outside of events, act as if they are not even there. Which I didn't do in this case.

I'd like to
firstly apologise to @Knight for abusing my powers to find him in the first place, and ruining his immersion and time on the server for the moments that I was involved with his experience on the server. In the future, do your best not to shoot at people who are trying to arrest you, in the same instance, you weren't aware of this, so its fair enough, but just keep that in mind for the future.

Secondly, I'd like to
apologise to the Server and the Staff Team because I am unable to control myself and my powers, there's no excuse for it and I am willing to take the punishment that Shock decide in the situation, as well as the punishment that Management decide to give me over this situation. I enjoy making Events for people, and whether I am Event Master, Junior Event Master, Trial Event Master, I'm going to run events because that's what I enjoy doing and nothing, including rank is going to change that.

I hope you all can accept my apology for this situation and can hopefully work to trust me again as this is the only time I have done such things and will look to improve and better my
behaviour and actions in the future.

• Upvote 20
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Katelyn said:

Whilst some may say my decision may be affected by the fact that Bailey and I are close friends, Im going to keep this as unbias as I possibly can.

Personally I don't think he should receive an in-game demotion nor removal from the regiment, for the sole purpose that the issue is him abusing his staff abilities. The focus should be entirely on him abusing his position as a member of the staff team, as such the punishment should only affect that aspect, not his in character position. I don't think removal from the team is necessary, after all if that was the punishment meted out for something like this there would be alot of people removed from staff, due to the fact that they abuse their powers on the daily. Whether for metagaming or other purposes doesn't matter, as it is abuse all the same. On top of that his removal would result in the team suffering a huge loss (what with Bailey being one of the most active and skilled event masters).

Conclusively, my opinion is that a staff warn be issued, and if he does it again then I would remove him from the team or demote him one staff rank (if it were up to me

• Upvote 2

First of all, thank you to @Knight for producing a well made video. The evidence is clear and the staff report is overall quite professional.

Secondly, whilst I acknowledge how hard it can be to simply pretend you don't have the commands, to meta-game with 90+ people online at the time makes me quite disappointed. When I saw this post last night I almost couldn't believe it and chose to sleep on it. I, like many other community members hold you in very high regard, you inspired me to become an event master and you're a constant buzz around the server, making this report even more disappointing.

As many others have stated in this thread, a complete removal from the EM team would be a massive loss for the server and over the top for the situation presented. I think Bailey's previous record should be considered and how well he dealt with the situation post-report. I personally believe a demotion would not be unjust but I would prefer to see a probation period be put into place to allow Bailey to demonstrate his change in behaviour. The punishment for a breech in this probation period could be one of two options, complete removal from the EM team or a demotion to TEM 

Whilst this may go unsaid and as much as this hurts me to say, I would like to see an extended period of time where Bailey cannot be promoted to the Senior Event Master position that is now available until a clear change in behaviour is show, I don't believe he should be trusted with more commands.

Edited by Cecil

I think there shouldn’t be a staff removal but a staff warning. I believe this sort of thing has happened to me before and I believe I got a staff warning.

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I'd like tofirstly apologise to @Knight for abusing my powers to find him in the first place, and ruining his immersion and time on the server for the moments that I was involved with his experience on the server. In the future, do your best not to shoot at people who are trying to arrest you, in the same instance, you weren't aware of this, so its fair enough, but just keep that in mind for the future.

Thank you for the apology, and you may have had just reason to believe I was being a little mingy, As stated by a lot of people, I feel removal and demotion is too extreme, from what I can see this is a first time offence and a staff warn should be quite enough.

1 hour ago, Flipps said:

You should try a public training, Will help you improve your climb swep .

@Flipps Will do haha.