Daddle's Ban Appeal

Steam Details

Steam Name: Daddle

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9349896

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SteveTheMagicMan/

In Game Details

In Game Name:Daddle

In Game Rank: Janitor ( I have been kicked and blacklisted from the navy because of this incident.) Private

In Game Regiment:  Navy Engineers ( Again what I've said above, kicked and blacklisted from my favorite regiment) Stormtroopers

Ban Details

1338934189_Banappeal..thumb.jpg.7e8180a681d922cb3bd72294564ab08a.jpg

How long was the ban for: 5 Days

Which staff member banned you: Wolf

What date did the ban occur: 11/3/2018

What was the reason for the ban: Sexual Harassment

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned:

I don't think it matters much but I thought Id clear it up first. There was only one remark, and I said "My dick is lengthening by the second" Wont matter much but I thought I might as well clear it up.

Someone in chat had said that Stitches another player was a girl, so in chat along with a few others said " IS that A girl?" After which I said maybe 25 seconds later "My dick is lengthening by the second"

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance:

As I was told by the other engineers immediately after, the server had a problem in the past with this kind of harassment and that it was now being strictly judged on. I was un-aware that the server had that viewpoint. Of which I got the message straight away that it was not to be done again, and that there were high chances of severe punishment if it did, later being warned by Aphrodite. In the conversation after someone had said Stitches was a girl, the conversation went off the premise of a gamer girl as a joke, not specifically mentioning or talking to Stitches at any point in time, however I can easily see that she was attached to the conversation despite not being apart of it, she was not the target of what I said by rather the idea of a gamer girl was the point of the joke. Sexual harassment to me is quite a serious crime, and is probably why I didint think that something ( which I thought was) casual at the time, would be considered sexual harassment. The ban is only five days, which im grateful for especially since I heard that most of the time it just gets a permanent ban on the spot, however the idea of having a looming warning and ban makes me feel really icky, again because I think of sexual harassment as quite a huge deal., not in the same way a minge warning or a normal harassment warning would( I don't have any of those I'm just saying to me its much a bigger deal) and I apologize to anyone, including stitches that might have been offended by what I said, I will make damn sure that nothing similar to it will happen again.

EDIT: I did NOT go up to anyone! it took place in OOC, sorry for not being specific!

EDIT 2: It looks like my ban is going to finish up before the appeal goes further, but I would still like to keep it up in hopes of getting the ban removed. As much as I'm sorry for what i've done and can promise nothing similiar will happen again, I dont consider what I did sexual harassment, and the label of SH over my head will haunt me for the rest of my time on the server, as well as ( at least I think) being the reason I was blacklisted from the Navy/ENG. In hopes of clearing my name and working my way back up to the standing I had, I would love to try to get it removed. Thanks, and sorry for the dragged on appeal.

Edited by Daddle
  • Downvote 4
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Not sure what made you think it was alright to go up to someone and say that..

I believe you should wait out the ban to rethink your actions, You're lucky it wasn't a permanent ban.

2 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I believe you should wait out the ban to rethink your actions, You're lucky it wasn't a permanent ban.

19 minutes ago, Emerald said:

41 minutes ago, Emerald said:

It looks like I forgot to mention I didint actually go up to anyone, it took place in OOC chat, it wasant targeted at anyone specifaclly, but five days isint huge and ill make sure to think on it, thanks for reading it.

42 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Sexism has never and will never be welcome or tolerated.  You should be thanking your lucky stars it was not a community ban with no appeal, that's certainly what you deserve.

16 minutes ago, Daddle said:

It looks like I forgot to mention I didint actually go up to anyone, it took place in OOC chat, it wasant targeted at anyone specifaclly, but five days isint huge and ill make sure to think on it, thanks for reading it.

It was obviously targeted at the person that was being talked about in OOC - It was literally said right after you found out that "stitches" was a girl.

12 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

It was obviously targeted at the person that was being talked about in OOC - It was literally said right after you found out that "stitches" was a girl.

IT wasant directly after, it was directly after several people including myself said in ooc "Is that a girl/gamer girl?"

Im going to leave it at this on my end, but it was not sexism. There was at no point at any time I treated anyone differently because of their sex, I make dick jokes to just about everyone I meet, especially over the internet. It wasant my first time saying something similiar in chat, it was just the first time a girl was involved lmao

Edited by Daddle
1 hour ago, Emerald said:

1 hour ago, Daddle said:

it was just the first time a girl was involved lmao

"It wasn't my first time being sexist, it was just the first time a girl was there"
You realize that that is what you just wrote? 

What a great thing to write on an unban appeal.

Edited by Aphrodite
1 minute ago, Aphrodite said:

"It wasn't my first time being sexist, it was just the first time a girl was there"

What a great thing to write on an unban appeal.

Its not sexism. Please point out what part of anything ive done is sexist, and ill be absolutely sure to apologize for another mistake. But for now, I have yet to see anything related to sexism, I dont even know why it was brought up in the first place.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Daddle said:

Its not sexism. Please point out what part of anything ive done is sexist, and ill be absolutely sure to apologize for another mistake. But for now, I have yet to see anything related to sexism, I dont even know why it was brought up in the first place.

Sorry I used the wrong word - my bad I sincerely apologize. 

Edited by Aphrodite
  • Advisor

I was relaxing ingame eating my amazing KFC when a staff member came up to me to report somthing, I was told you said that in ooc and that it was towards a female player, i double checked logs for your comment and saw it and banned you. Now i did not know which female you said it towards however i should of checked that to include it in ban. However why do you think its acceptable to write that in ooc chat towards a female player?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2
On 11/5/2018 at 7:51 PM, Wolf said:

I was relaxing ingame eating my amazing KFC when a staff member came up to me to report somthing, I was told you said that in ooc and that it was towards a female player, i double checked logs for your comment and saw it and banned you. Now i did not know which female you said it towards however i should of checked that to include it in ban. However why do you think its acceptable to write that in ooc chat towards a female player?

It wasan't towards Stitches (The female player) as im sure you know its a joke about gamers girls being a rare thing etc etc typical internet stuff, the comment I said came in after a small time had passed (around 10-20 seconds) after someone had said stitches was a girl, and many people saying Gamer girl or girl later, I said gamer girl as well. After that I made my comment. She might have said something earlier in chat, but nothing around that specific part of it revolving around the idea of a gamer girl. However, as I said its completely understandable that it would look like it was towards her, and in the end if it made the player uncomfortable playing or unhappy, it wouldnt matter whether or not it was directed towards her. I was told by aphrodite around 15 minutes later a few hours before the ban, that Stitches had said she didint mind because it wasan't towards her. ( actually I think it was she didint mind because I didint say it to her face? or because I didint actually say her name in the comment. Im not 100% sure) Either way she didint mind ( not to say what I said wasant wrong.) Especially because of what I heard from the other engineers about the various issues with it in the past, I understand why I got the ban. To me sexual harassment is a huge thing and I certainly would severely change my opinion of someone if they were doing it. I do want to clear it up however, my original intention was not made to make someone uncomfortable or to harass anyone.

I guess what im trying to say is that because of what I heard from the other eng, that the server had a huge problem in the past, so because of that a comment like mine was just way out of the question. and its understandable that a ban would take place. This is my apology as well as my attempt to clear it up. SH is a massive deal, to the point where before this took place I wouldnt put what I said or what I said it about in the same category, but if it does in the servers logic, then thats that.

Thanks

Edited by Daddle

I'm in a bit of confusion at the moment after thinking on it for a while now.

The ban notice has " Sexist Remarks " none of which were sexist.

The ban also states that it was because I said my dick lengthens in OOC chat TO the player.

After getting the chance to apologize to the player after the ban drying up, I was told she doesn't remember it at all, and that she thinks that " It was what you said, not anything to do with me"

Theres more context around it if anyone wants to know the whole conversation albeit it was a short one.

I was banned for five days, blacklisted from the Navy and kicked from the Engineers and labeled a sexist several times as well as having a warning and a ban for sexual harassment over my head. I take what I said seriously, I take this situation seriously and I take sexual harassment seriously.

Thus I think anyone can see as to my my confusion exists. I wasant banned for being sexist because there is nothing to do with me being sexist. The player didn't remember or care about it and jokes about dicks are very common in both OOC chat and normal chat. Although most of the time it isint as straight up as what I said.

What was the specific reason I was banned? If possible I would like someone who is able to clarify ( Im assuming its wolf because he was the one who banned me).

If I was banned because I said it to someone or more specifically a female player, but that player just told me that it was because of what I said not the target. As much as I'm sure everyone wants to hear me say I wasant targeting her but instead the idea of it again. Was I banned because I said my dick  is lengthening in ooc chat? Or was I banned because I sexually harrassed a female player who doesent remember it even happening in the first place?

IG has provided me with experiences and times that I have not had in a long time if at all. This situation has made me think ALOT. I care about the server and the players in it. I also care if someone has given me a sexual harrasment tag to carry around for the rest of my time on the server. So ill be as plain as I can possibly be with all the reasoning and details above. Everything above was made in mind of the victim of what happened as well as any other people that it could have effected.

I dont think it was sexual harassment. I did NOT say it toward stitches. I did NOT at any point treat ANYONE differently based on their sex or gender.

I said my dick is lengthening in OOC and I think people took it the wrong way. Plain and simple as that. I didint want to be bold because I was afraid of further causing discomfort or offending anyone but now that ive learned that nobody was offended in the first place I think I have my chance to fight and defend myself. 

Five days isint a big deal. A bit of boredom and loss of potential credit and rank gain arent something that would ever make me drag this on.

But I lost my chance at being in my favorite regiment filled with good people. Ive also been called a sexist and will be carrying the ban and warning with me.

Thats what im going for now. to get someone to listen and trust me, as ive given no reason thus far to make distrust between anyone. In no way am I trying to justify what I said. It was over the line. But I did not harass anybody and I was never sexist. And I lost my role as a janitor for it and blacklisted from the navy.

Thanks for reading another long post.

7 minutes ago, Daddle said:

I'm in a bit of confusion at the moment after thinking on it for a while now.

The ban notice has " Sexist Remarks " none of which were sexist.

The ban also states that it was because I said my dick lengthens in OOC chat TO the player.

After getting the chance to apologize to the player after the ban drying up, I was told she doesn't remember it at all, and that she thinks that " It was what you said, not anything to do with me"

Theres more context around it if anyone wants to know the whole conversation albeit it was a short one.

I was banned for five days, blacklisted from the Navy and kicked from the Engineers and labeled a sexist several times as well as having a warning and a ban for sexual harassment over my head. I take what I said seriously, I take this situation seriously and I take sexual harassment seriously.

Thus I think anyone can see as to my my confusion exists. I wasant banned for being sexist because there is nothing to do with me being sexist. The player didn't remember or care about it and jokes about dicks are very common in both OOC chat and normal chat. Although most of the time it isint as straight up as what I said.

What was the specific reason I was banned? If possible I would like someone who is able to clarify ( Im assuming its wolf because he was the one who banned me).

If I was banned because I said it to someone or more specifically a female player, but that player just told me that it was because of what I said not the target. As much as I'm sure everyone wants to hear me say I wasant targeting her but instead the idea of it again. Was I banned because I said my dick  is lengthening in ooc chat? Or was I banned because I sexually harrassed a female player who doesent remember it even happening in the first place?

IG has provided me with experiences and times that I have not had in a long time if at all. This situation has made me think ALOT. I care about the server and the players in it. I also care if someone has given me a sexual harrasment tag to carry around for the rest of my time on the server. So ill be as plain as I can possibly be with all the reasoning and details above. Everything above was made in mind of the victim of what happened as well as any other people that it could have effected.

I dont think it was sexual harassment. I did NOT say it toward stitches. I did NOT at any point treat ANYONE differently based on their sex or gender.

I said my dick is lengthening in OOC and I think people took it the wrong way. Plain and simple as that. I didint want to be bold because I was afraid of further causing discomfort or offending anyone but now that ive learned that nobody was offended in the first place I think I have my chance to fight and defend myself. 

Five days isint a big deal. A bit of boredom and loss of potential credit and rank gain arent something that would ever make me drag this on.

But I lost my chance at being in my favorite regiment filled with good people. Ive also been called a sexist and will be carrying the ban and warning with me.

Thats what im going for now. to get someone to listen and trust me, as ive given no reason thus far to make distrust between anyone. In no way am I trying to justify what I said. It was over the line. But I did not harass anybody and I was never sexist. And I lost my role as a janitor for it and blacklisted from the navy.

Thanks for reading another long post.

Here is the definition of sexism;

sexist
/ˈsɛksɪst/
adjective

1. 1.
    relating to or characterized by prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Now if i'm not mistake the remark you made was on the basis of sex that being of man which was meant to denigrate the opposite gender to make them feel uncomfortable. Now I'm unsure whether the effect you caused was intentional or not but you definitely managed to cause damage. As well as this we also have minors on the server and saying what you did is extremely inappropriate and I would not want someone on the server making those remarks. I won't be leaving +1 or -1 on this due to the fact that I don't feel this should be up to me.

38 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Here is the definition of sexism;

sexist
/ˈsɛksɪst/
adjective

1. 1.
    relating to or characterized by prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Now if i'm not mistake the remark you made was on the basis of sex that being of man which was meant to denigrate the opposite gender to make them feel uncomfortable. Now I'm unsure whether the effect you caused was intentional or not but you definitely managed to cause damage. As well as this we also have minors on the server and saying what you did is extremely inappropriate and I would not want someone on the server making those remarks. I won't be leaving +1 or -1 on this due to the fact that I don't feel this should be up to me.

I agree. I should not have said what I said. It was over the line. As to what I said and to whether or not it was sexist, prejudice steroetype or discrimination. I didint put anyone in a stereotype and I certainly wasant doing anything related to prejudice. Which would just leave discrimination which I didint demean or generally put down anyone. Especially based on their gender. And the part about the basis of sex wasant anything related to the definition. It was just google saying that (typically) its against women with sex or some kind of sexual orentation being apart of it. It isint sexist to mention sex to anyone.

The remark I made was not meant to denigrate anyone. In fact it wasant. I wasant jugding anyone at all. I'm assuming you meant something else because of denigrates definition of criticizing unfairly. Since I didint criticize anyone.

The comment did hav't to do with my dick yes but because I mentioned sex or more specifically something about sex about me, to a woman, doesent constitute as being a sexist or sexism.

Otherwise anytime a women mentioned vagina to me in a joking way, or even if someone mentioned their dick to me in a joke. Any dick joke really, I would consider them sexist?

on the part of " definitely managed to cause damage" Do you mean that the person that everyone ( understandably) assumes I said it to was damaged? Or a better way of saying it offended? Or made uncomfortable? 

I certainly didint set a good example for people younger than, let alone anyone older than me, and again what I said went to far and I got punished for it.

I do not believe that a ban, sexual harassment label, sexist label and a blacklist from navy should be the punishment given to people who said a dick joke that went too far.

Open to discussion further of course.

EDIT: Just as a side note, as far as im concerned the general consensus of sexism is treating anyone differently based on sex. Whether that be considering them as lower people or hating then just because of their gender. Which I didint do. Google definition is basically law to alot including me but uh, I'm pretty sure alot of people, more than not would agree that treating someone differently based on their sex would be sexism and discrimination. Not making crude remarks.

Edited by Daddle

After thinking about the best way to explain what was going through my mind for a while I came up with a crude but on topic way that I feel best explains it.

My defense is that I did not say what I said directly or towards the player, but rather to the joke or the topic of the discussion.

This is not possible to prove sadly and its difficult to trust someone who just got a charge for sexual harassment. Especially because of the nature of the charge.

My thought train went like this.

Say Palpatine typed in OOC chat. Im using palpatine because hes a major figurehead in the server, and more likely to recieve more responses and attention. This is similar in the way that a girl would get more attention because the internet.

So he says in chat "BBC is my favorite type of porn."

Naturally the chat goes wild with either "ews" or "same" etc etc hypothetical situation.

I would then type in something along the lines of "BBC is the best and only thing I watch on a daily basis."

after a few bits of ews and sames later, I come up to my comment.

" My dick is lengthening by the second "

Now as far as im concerned, nobody would think I meant that towards palpatine. naturally a few more ews would go by, and I would likely get told off for saying something like that in chat as its a little too inappropriate.

Before I go on theirs two different major flaws with the example ive given. ONE is that palpatine ( presumably) has nothing to do with BBC other than typing that in chat. And in my case the player WAS a gamer girl and palpatine well, depending on who you ask but the majority of people would say no, palpatine is not a BBC. Thats one.

Two, is that as a female player, its much more common for this type of comment to be directly aimed at her. Its just a fact that females get harassed more that way, while as palpatine as a male would rarely need to deal with it if at all.

I also realize that some people especially after the way that I was accused of sexism might take me as. Since I was joking about gamer girl in a sexual way, and using the analogy earlier with a porn genre, I must be putting the female player into a slot where I think of her at all as a genre. ( if you get what I mean by that )

I would say that because someone talked about a hand, and then I referred to a handjob or something similar afterwards, that nobody would think that im trying to discriminate against that hand, and that I was putting that hand into a sexual position of a way thinking. That would just be silly. Its the same here. I in no way thought of stitches at nothing or even anything of anything to do with porn in general.

I needed to point that out because of the way some people have jumped to immediate conclusions.

I don't know who palpatine actually is in-game as ive never spoken to him directly or interacted with him directly but if that person minds that I use his RP character in the example I will gladly change him out for some other random, probably someone star-warsy but not anyone in-game.

My point is, Stitches ( the player) was certainly the topic that started the conversation. But it quickly became MUCH more about the thought of BBC rather than stitches herself.

I have only heard of them ive never been to any myself, but apparently there were several debriefs held about sexual harassment. That players before hand have had a serious issue with it. And stitches being a female player, probably has needed to deal with alot of shitty stuff online. Because of that its plain and obvious to see why people straight up assumed and concluded that I was being an asshole to her. 

Again theres no way to prove it. Especially because of the history its easy to slot me into that area of people who do that sorta thing alot, and caused the trouble that the server had previously.

I understand. But Im asking you as a first time offender and someone who loves IG and has so much to loose at stake to please trust me. 

Im asking alot to be asking for the benefit of the doubt. But I really need it. Its impossible to prove or to disprove what I say went through my head. So it all falls down to just plain and simple trust.

I've not given any reason for anyone to not trust me before this incident occurred.

Im sorry, but please trust me. Thats all I can say. Ive put several days and hours of time into thinking and writing but im at my wits end. Theres nothing else I can do but to hope the people who have the power to do something take my side.

Theres been a hell of a lot of reading in this post so sorry for that.

This is it, I dont think I can do much more in writing. Im open to a voice discussion of anyone wants to.

Sorry, but please trust me - Daddle

• Thinking 1
53 minutes ago, TomCos said:

Reasons Stated Above, just think before you speak 

User has been unbanned, also, in the future, only Staff Members are allowed to post on ban appeals, however, thank you for your contribution on this ban appeal nonetheless, it is appreciated that users get involved when and where they can.

• Chopz locked this topic