New loading screen music?

-1 my friend. Love you Pendragon, but we don't really fuck with loading screen music, we had the Halloween one for Halloween, but its just honestly tacky and can get very loud if not configured correctly, it also makes us seem like a DarkRP server tbh.

• Upvote 1

1. Loading music is infamously ridiculed by the Gmod community, adding it would make the server seem like a joke

2. As people have pointed out, it's difficult to configure volume properly for loading music, and this song has a few points where the volume changes dramatically, leading to various ear rape sessions

3. It does not suit the Imperial OR star wars theme of the server. It would be completely out of place.

2 hours ago, NovaPendragon said:

srsly its a good song

That's a completely subjective viewpoint that most people will probably not agree with

5. I had to use this song for video compilation of a camp I went on, the song is now engrained in my mind and I hate it

Also, the link you put in isn't even the original song, it's trashy re-upload someone made to try and steal views from this guy

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Last time I saw loading music on a server it got brutalized for about a month until it was finally removed. I'd rather not see any on loading screen music on IG. It gets repetitive far too fast and as mentioned earlier it's hard to balance volume if not configured properly.

@Zote can testify.

Skipped through it after a few seconds but got the general idea, I personally find it (and that whole subgenre of fake sounding synth, sampley, autotuney music) unlistenably awful and would very much not appreciate being raped in the ear with it every time I load in

The biggest dang -1 I done ever gave

(Not a personal attack on you Pendragon, you're all good buddy) 

Edited by Tonberry
1 hour ago, Rivers said:

Last time I saw loading music on a server it got brutalized for about a month until it was finally removed. I'd rather not see any on loading screen music on IG. It gets repetitive far too fast and as mentioned earlier it's hard to balance volume if not configured properly.

@Zote can testify.

-1 Honestly music in the loading screen would be repetitive and annoying.

Nice idea, but i hateeeee loading music. If you have music in the background to occupy you while you load it goes over it.
Most of the time the music is loud as shit.
and if you have a 2nd monitor watching videos it drowns that out too. You also cant change the volume (or atleast i cant) cos when you click while its loading in gmod stop responding and crashes

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind seeing and hearing music while I load into the server... I mean I normally load in pretty fast so I probably wouldn't hear it anyway. Also I don't think anyone would take time out of their day to find a large selection of 'Clean' music for server joining players to listen too. Before doing any of that you would have to check what type of music the Imperial Gaming Community likes, which would most likely be done in a vote. Once that's done you would then have to implement it into the loading screen which would then take time out of our busy developers days. Like I said at the start I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented there would have to be someone or some people who would need to look after and monitor this regularly. - Wombatiacus 

On 11/2/2018 at 4:27 PM, addamcor said:

it's trashy re-upload someone made to try and steal views from this guy

Yeah, it was the first one 2 come up, anyway i get the idea, its just cause i thought with the whole Halloween thing...

Anyway I agree with most of you, loading music can be obnoxious but i think the song tht @Aphrodite shared would kinda be alright, but anyway, thats what youtube is for

Cheers