[GUIDE] How to fix Star Destroy Map Download

This is a guide on how to fix the infinite download glitch for the new Star Destroyer map, this is experienced in the main menu, when trying to load into the server, the map refuses to download and you get stuck at zero bars, I will not be going fully in depth in how to get to your folders to fix this, because I did that last time in my Death Star Guide, which will teach you how to do it, if you do so need it.

So the way to fix this glitch, is by firstly navigating to Steam Apps > Common > GarrysMod > garrymod > download > maps, once inside this folder, you need to delete ANY AND ALL instances of rp_stardestroyer maps, including zip files, etc.

After this you need to go subscribe to - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113534839&searchtext=rp_stardestroyer and the other Star Destroyer map it requires.

Once you've done this, restart your game and download the new map, it might take a little bit of extra time because it has to load the new map for the first time.

If you have any more problems, please message me. I'd be happy to help you, as long as you can play the server I'm happy :).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

@Crackers, I believe everyone might be thinking you were talking about how it was not hard to figure out his fix and he was being stupid for putting this up there.

However crackers was talking about the error in the title, and was making a bit of a joke about it

Since I don’t want crackers reputation ruined over a misunderstanding, here are the mentions

@charles @Robo @Bevan @Emerald @Aphrodite @Anthony

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Planz said:

@Crackers, I believe everyone might be thinking you were talking about how it was not hard to figure out his fix and he was being stupid for putting this up there.

However crackers was talking about the error in the title, and was making a bit of a joke about it

Since I don’t want crackers reputation ruined over a misunderstanding, here are the mentions

@charles @Robo @Bevan @Emerald @Aphrodite @Anthony

I could see how that came off on my behalf, but I personally read the entire post and I believe that anyone having this issue should check the post, due to it being detailed and also it supplies guidance through the screenshots/images. I did not need to critique anything I saw throughout the guide other than the simple mistakes that can be dismissed quite easily, but thank you for clearing things up @Planz

Edited by Crackers
  • Upvote 1