Find results in...
Rivers

Rivers / Mars - Trial Mod Application

Steam Details

Steam Name: [IG] Rivers

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:50240853

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/GoldeeGLHF

In Game Details

In Game Name: Rivers (Mars whilst in Royal Guard)

In Game Rank: Junior Clerk

In Game Regiment: Regional Government

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 

1138388691_timeonserver.PNG.46721fb952c6c8a063bf8c13f244ac5f.PNG

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them):

Dire Wolf Servers - Server Manager (after serving as moderator)

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server: Moderators exist for the purpose of ensuring the safety and order of the server is maintained at all times in order to provide the most enjoyable and painless experience for the overall player base. Moderators must ensure that they are able to actively and effectively deal with issues and needs of players such as managing disruptive players (RDM, Minging), providing tools for players, assisting those who become stuck in the map and ensuring that players feel respected and safe within the Imperial Gaming community. Moderators also act as role models for the server by upholding and demonstrating qualities that will reflect on the image of IG positively and encourage players to do the same.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator: I wish to apply for the position of Trial Moderator so that I can give back to the community after the amazing experience that I've had in my two months of being around the server. The staff team have shown me nothing but kindness and respect since joining the server and I aim to provide the same experience for other players within the community.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team: I believe that I can bring both a patient and self-reflective personality to the staff team that is always striving to improve and reach only the best of standards. In all situations I aim to display a friendly and approachable personality so that players are able to trust and rely on me when they are in need of someone to help them regardless of the issue. Almost every day I play between 4-6 hours on IG therefore allowing me to be an active participant in the day-to-day role play of the server whilst being readily available to assist players when needed.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?: Straight away I would check logs and see how severe the situation is. From there I would individually pull each player who was a victim to this person aside and ask them what occurred so that a proper understanding of the events can be determined. Each witness will be interviewed separately and asked if they possess any evidence / recordings of the situation so that each of their statements can be properly validated. Once assessing the situation I would properly punish the player who committed Mass RDM by grabbing their Steam ID and warning them for both Mass RDM (Including the amount of players they killed) and disconnecting to avoid punishment. I would then inform a higher ranking staff member of the situation and tell them to be aware of the player in question.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?: Bullying is not tolerated under any circumstances in any community. I would firstly interview the victim and get them to explain exactly what the other person has said or done to make them feel uncomfortable or threatened. If possible I would get them to provide any screenshots / recordings of any interactions they have had with the other person so that the situation can be validated. If they are unable to do so I would search through chat logs and identify if the player has been threatening or intimidating to the victim. From there I would confront the accused bully and present them the evidence so that they are able to form a response detailing their side of the story. If it turns out the accused player was in fact bullying another a player I would give them a warning for player disrespect and then proceed to explain why their actions were wrong. After the situation is resolved I would be sure to keep a close eye on the player and ensure that they are provided no opportunity to repeat their actions.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?: Without hesitation I would initiate my recording software and begin capturing as much of the situation as I can so that evidence can be provided further down the line. Once enough evidence has been gathered to validate the situation I would confront the staff member and tell them that they are going against everything they stand for as an Imperial Gaming representative and that they must stop abusing their powers immediately. Afterwards I would contact a staff member who holds a higher authority over them and provide the evidence recorded / captured along with a written statement about what took place so that they can take action.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: Firstly I would avoid provoking the player so that they have no reason to take drastic action against the server. From there I would take screenshots of chat logs and record exactly what is said. Once an appropriate amount of evidence is gathered I will pull the player aside to a discrete location and proceed to warn them for threatening to DDOS the server whilst explaining how severe a threat such as that is and how it can result in being permanently removed from the server. From there I would contact a senior staff member and ask for further advice on whether a ban will be necessary.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.
5. False information can lead to your application being denied.
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.
7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.
9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).
10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.
11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.
12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.
13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

- Rivers / Mars

Edited by Rivers
Time Update
  • Upvote 5

HUGE +1

During the time I've spent with Rivers in Regional Government, he has been

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working
  • Friendly and approachable

Rivers would make a great addition to the staff team.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

I have to agree with Brass. +1

-Rickle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

Would be a great addition to the Staff Team.

+1

Edited by Emerald

1 hour ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

Would love to have Rivers as staff

Goodluck ;D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

Well said Brass.

I'd just like to add that the application is really well done; all the questions are well answered.

+1

Goodluck! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

Good luck!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

Brass replied first? 

:thonking_emoji:

jk 

+1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

+1 Has improved heaps since he was VF 
Goodluck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

Through my experiences with Rivers i have seen him to be everything listed above.

Thats why i am going to give this app a huge +1

Good luck Rivers!

• Like 1

Huge +1

From the time rivers served under me in Vader's Fist I was able to get a good idea of who he was and how responsible he was.  From this i can assure you that rivers has the responsibility and restraint of a T-Mod and would only help the community everyday that he has moderator.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 11:32 AM, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

From my time in Reg Gov with Rivers, he was a good boi.

Nah he was super mature throughout my time and worked hard.

Definetly deserves this +1

• Like 1

+1
Active, Responsible and Mature. 100% deserving of this job

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, Flipps said:

+1

great player 

very friendly 

very active 

doesn't do stupid shit

and is good at teaching people how to use a lightsaber not that it matters but  who cares  

+1 I've known rivers before IG and throughout everything I've seen him do he tried his best and never gave up. I'd love to see rivers on the team

On 10/29/2018 at 10:32 AM, Brass said:

HUGE +1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Hard working

Good luck!

^^^
Rivers would make a fantastic Trial Moderator. +1

• Like 1

You definitely deserve a +1 due to:

• Activity - You are on the server nearly every day and are very active (Walking around interacting with people, not afk).
  • Time - Your playtime on the server is excellent and is good enough to truly understand most about the server.
  • Attitude - I have seen many sides of you but I haven't yet seen a bad side of you and I truly don't think you have a bad side.
  • Application - Your application is nicely written and has little to no grammar mistakes. It is also very detailed and the questions have clearly been answered.
  • Formatting - Your applications formatting is excellent and easy to understand is not to heavy on multiple colour texts.

Beautifully done, Good luck. - Wombatiacus

• Like 1