The Firing Range

Hello
So I'm just making this post out of frustration of the current state of the Firing Range.

Introduction:
Yesterday I was tasked with repairing the firing range (I'm an engineer), So I began repairing the panels in the firing range. Of course, I spawned in a prop to make sure that I wouldn't get shot at from behind. However, while repairing the Firing range I was shot and killed a total of 4 Times. It was very obvious I was repairing the Firing range like I said I was spawning in props to protect myself but a certain few people decided that it was okay to take AIM at me and begin firing while I was clearly away from the targets / walking away from them. Then today I logged on and went to the firing range, I walked down to the targets and Someone begins shooting at me AGAIN, this time I was only killed once but it drove me crazy at the fact that they believe that they can Kill you because the line says so. May I just remind everyone the line clearly states: "If you cross this line you will most likely be killed" the line does not state "If you cross this line you will be KOS". Some people are assuming that you are allowed to take aim, shoot and kill anyone that crosses the line. This is counted as RDM and I'm sure that if you were to RDM other people around the ship this would not be tolerated. I'm not talking about people accidentally wandering in and getting shot while someone is spraying down the range, I am talking about people Aiming at me While they can clearly see me moving a prop to block shots, Firing at me while I am nowhere near the target.

Proposal:
Yesterday, while I was repairing the firing range @Brass was with me to witness all this and did give one of them a talking to. However, I believe that you shouldn't just be given a verbal warning about this. RDM isn't tolerated anywhere else nor should it be in the firing range. I propose that if you RDM someone once in the firing range its a verbal but if you continue to do so it should be a Warn for RDM. 

Ending Notes: 
Thank you very much @Brass for taking this into account and talking to the people who were RDMing, however, I can not say the same for a lot more staff members who've walked away after seeing this happening. Thank you for reading this post and I hope that everyone learns that walking past the line isn't an INSTANT KOS.

Edited by Snow
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 3

It really pisses me off to see people shooting each other simply because somebody is down-range doing something.

You can argue that it clearly says "If you cross this line you will most likely be killed" but that does in no way give people the right to KOS people for being down-range.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brass said:

It really pisses me off to see people shooting each other simply because somebody is down-range doing something.

You can argue that it clearly says "If you cross this line you will most likely be killed" but that does in no way give people the right to KOS people for being down-range.

Can't agree more and they could clearly see i was moving my prop but still took aim at me while i was moving it and tried to shoot through it.

• Upvote 1

This will probably get backlash but...

1. There were a few instances when you actually were outside of the lane which you were repairing, and guns such as the e11 tend to be inaccurate and sometimes stray away from the target.

2. If you are in immediate danger of being shot, why not just close down the firing range with permission by a higher authority?

3. This post isn't really needed, it was sorted out in game and if you have a problem with it just bring it to staff and they can talk to people responsible or people who do it in the future

4. Ask for the sign to be extended to If you cross this line you will most likely be killed, if killed the killer can be AOS'ed if seen or something like that 

5. If you were killed so many times, why not just call a staff member to report RDM?

If you are doing roleplay in game and you are in immediate danger of being hurt/killed by another imperial official, close down the area you are in 

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

This will probably get backlash but...

1. There were a few instances when you actually were outside of the lane which you were repairing, and guns such as the e11 tend to be inaccurate and sometimes stray away from the target.

2. If you are in immediate danger of being shot, why not just close down the firing range with permission by a higher authority?

3. This post isn't really needed, it was sorted out in game and if you have a problem with it just bring it to staff and they can talk to people responsible or people who do it in the future

4. Ask for the sign to be extended to If you cross this line you will most likely be killed, if killed the killer can be AOS'ed if seen or something like that 

5. If you were killed so many times, why not just call a staff member to report RDM?

If you are doing roleplay in game and you are in immediate danger of being hurt/killed by another imperial official, close down the area you are in 

+1

• Thinking 1

I'd just like to add that i have gone over some of this in relation to creating a protocol for working on the firing range after these instances such as:

• comms in the maintenance in progress
  • Put down a sign or two noting the maintenance in progress
  • when possible work behind the signs.

However i do just want to note, that just because someone is on the range is not a excuse for live fire practice there is several firing lanes don't deliberately move to the lane where you can see someone and then shoot down it. If your aim is that bad that you miss the lane you need to see medical, same if you didn't see them. Now while this issue will be resolved in game this post is important to note just in case you don't get the message in game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Personally, I'd take it to ISB, get them to sort it out. They'll take it seriously, they love stuff like this.

Please do, we need more blood to sacrifice to the bureaucratic machine we call COMPNOR.

• Haha 1