Welcome to the Imperial Gaming

Welcome to my forums, full of great members.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP server

Wimlay

Idea for Droids.

Hey everyone I am just making this I feel for the battlestation there are not enough droids. So with my idea I think that there should be NPC mouse droids, imperial security droids, etc.But that would make the Player controlled droids feel ripped off which is why we should make it that the player controlled droids can control the NPC, not to do things like minge or spy, but to do Rp tasks such as cleaning Medbay and moving forms around in Reg Gov. It could enhance the experience for everyone on the battlesation. There should also be a "switch" that turns off the NPC droids to increase frames, less lag.

We could even extend to which the droids we have for this, with some people paying money to become a reconnaissance droid (could help army battalions that focus onreconnaissance (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672930068&searchtext=Torture+droid)) or a gonk droid (although less likely to be found on the battlestation (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287037918&searchtext=interigation+droid)), or a medical droid who could help the medics (suppling tools, healing if no medics on, etc.)

The droids do need to be made sure they are kept in good wear and condition by the engineers, and to make sure that they don't take peoples jobs, like the medical droids doing all of the medics healings/RP stuff. Other than that I feel that this could increase the experience that I and many will have while on the battlestation and on the server.

I don’t like or dislike the idea but when it comes to NPC spawning and a full server they just don’t mix. I think it would be a great idea for the server when there are 50 and below players on the server. So for now I’m going to go with NEUTRAL for the time being.

3 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

Neutral, is a cool idea and would create more RP and immersion. But it will contribute to lag and isn't necessary. 

^^^^^ What Ramirez said.

5 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

I don’t like or dislike the idea but when it comes to NPC spawning and a full server they just don’t mix. I think it would be a great idea for the server when there are 50 and below players on the server. So for now I’m going to go with NEUTRAL for the time being.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

Neutral, is a cool idea and would create more RP and immersion. But it will contribute to lag and isn't necessary. 

43 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

Neutral

2 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

This sums it up

2 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

^^ what wombat said but im going to +1

My fps is leagues better on the Death Star as oppose to the SD, so I don't believe the extra small bits of lag would really do anything.

I think it's a good idea.

I would say no because of the nature of NPC's...

BUT...

The concept is terrific, the only issue is how the logistics route is going to be taken (i.e. do staff have to spawn them is because you can't permaprop npc's right?)

I'm not going to really vote (+1/-1) because I'm banned, but I love to see some screenshots of the concept in action!

I like this idea quite a lot and it would work well. But there are some problems, they could be fixed a bit easily though

Wit the FPS issue i believe you could have a simple script checking the amount of players that when it reaches certain points in players it removes them.
such things as plotting routes would be more difficult, although possible

The main problem is how will they be spawned in and how much time it would take.

other than that I +1 this

6 hours ago, Ramirez said:

So we WOULD have more droids if...

Rickle wasn't poor

Bob wasn't poor

etc

:)

I feel like staff should get a Droid Role to be STAFF ON DUTY.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mauler said:

So we WOULD have more droids if...

Rickle wasn't poor

Bob wasn't poor

etc

:)

but then the droids wouldn't actually do anything RP wise.

10 hours ago, Mauler said:

This sounds like a "Plan"-z. (Im So Punny, help me)

9 hours ago, Aphrodite said:

but then the droids wouldn't actually do anything RP wise.

Would’nt they? Like they would go around the DS/SD monitoring everything both in rp and as staff.

Firstly in my opinion the DS is too compact / complex of a map to run something like this on. Having lots of droids running around would be cool but it's a lot more complex than you think. We would require smart NPC's with AI nodes and would need to talk to King Pommes about that, in other words its a lot of work for something that I personally don't see would be a good use of the development teams time.