Completely Clear/Transparent/Invisible Materials

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I need a completely clear/transparent/invisible material. Can't be one of those light ones.

If anyone has one if you could paste it below that would be much appreciated.

If somebody makes this happen, pleaseeeeee make it work with worldglow to make one way glass! Hate using that red forcefield material to make it work on SP
[EDIT] For some reason I have no clear transparent materials in my material tool menu, just semi transparent animated ones

Edited by Tonberry
3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Do you need an invisible wall? Why not just colour the prop and turn the opacity down on the prop? Make it completely invisible.

Ezpz.

:)

2 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

If somebody makes this happen, pleaseeeeee make it work with worldglow to make one way glass! Hate using that red forcefield material to make it work on SP
[EDIT] For some reason I have no clear transparent materials in my material tool menu, just semi transparent animated ones

For Sub-Materials in PAC3

6 minutes ago, Moose said:

Try this one, it's the one I use

particle/warp1_warp

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If it comes to it, I can just make you a transparent texture and you can upload it to dropbox.

I'm gonna see if Moose's one works, if it doesn't I'll do that Bailey. Just wanted to see if there was anything there already.

Yeah true, its always easier to use stuff from the game rather than bring in your own stuff, less of a hassle and if something breaks you don't have to troubleshoot on your own.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I'm gonna see if Moose's one works, if it doesn't I'll do that Bailey. Just wanted to see if there was anything there already.

Only currently in game material I can think of that's mostly transparent (not as much as you want probably) is Combine Cable 1 and 2. It's like tinted glass.

models/props_combine/citadel_cable     models/props_combine/citadel_cable_b 

Either of these usable?

Edited by Frost

You used the term invisible in that, if you meant that then you could just set the alpha to 0...? But I assume you mean visible but completely transparent?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Frost said:

Only currently in game material I can think of that's mostly transparent (not as much as you want probably) is Combine Cable 1 and 2. It's like tinted glass.

models/props_combine/citadel_cable     models/props_combine/citadel_cable_b 

Either of these usable?

1 hour ago, Rook said:

You used the term invisible in that, if you meant that then you could just set the alpha to 0...? But I assume you mean visible but completely transparent?

59 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

You can just adjust the alpha level, I'm unsure if you make it higher or lower, but eventually, it'll be completely invisible

58 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

We said this at the same time

55 minutes ago, Rook said:

Actually you said it two minutes after me but who’s counting.

53 minutes ago, Born said:

yes like rook said, if you set the alpha to 0 it will make the model invisible and you can also set it to like 0.1 to make it barely visible.

As I stated above this was for Sub-Materials. But Moose's material works. Thanks @Moose

@Morgan Can't you just set the colour transparency, way easier than searching for a material lol.

malfoygif.gif.655616e2df7f65f440958b905e6dac3b.gif

Edit: Whoops, he was referring to PAC3 sub-materials - I'd say do what moose said.

Edited by Butcher232
  • Upvote 1