Basil

Dungeons & Dragons

Im just gonna make this short and sweet, i was thinking recently about running a community game of D&D (5E of course) once a month on Roll 20 as its been so long since i have ran a game of D&D. I you would be interested hit me u either in this posts comments or in my message bank. But yeah, besides that peace out.

Image result for d&d logo

Good idea @Basil but as I have been a part of the past 3 D&D things we've had on Imperial Gaming (all of them), they just don't end up working. If you only run it once a month, you'll get people to turn up once and never do it again, as well as spend the first hour of each month trying to remember what happened last time you played. I would recommend doing it each week to keep the story going (and means you can finish a Campaign in 2-3 months instead of 12), but the issue with this is that people aren't always free every single week. In theory, this is a great idea but in practice, we have never finished a single campaign. 

@pinejack I see your point but i had a few ideas to circumvent that issue. So basically i was thinking of doing smaller self contained stories just to let people dip their toes into the tabletop game, or a full length campaign with an "The adventure so far" in a google doc with interchangeable characters. But perhaps you are right i should shorten the time between games to keep players engaged.

11 hours ago, Bevan said:

never played this before but if basil plays it its probably gucci

never played this before but if basil bevan plays it its probably gucci

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.