Steam Details

Steam Name: Boris of Vodka

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70324688

Steam Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198100915105

In Game Details

In Game Name: ARC-27-B "Boris J."

In Game Rank: Private

In Game Regiment: Rancor Battalion

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): Before Server Reset - 2 Weeks 1 Day

20181020142017_1.thumb.jpg.a2bd3f7a1b09e6867c08a4cbf4a31e3a.jpg

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): 

No Warns on Record

Have you had any bans (If so state them):

Yes, As it hurts me to say I would like to explain the situation. In early February of 2018 with the launch of [REDACTED] on the horizon, I was excited and went on the forums and the server asking people I considered my friends if they were going over to the server in question. I look back on my actions from February and I see the error in my ways and how I was misguided. After appealing, I was allowed back onto the server where I have found a 2nd home and many friends. I apologise for my actions and even though I am ashamed of it I cannot change the past

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): 

No, I have not been a Moderator or Staff on any other servers. Only an Event Master on [REDACTED]

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

The Purpose of Moderators on Imperial Gaming and all other servers, in general, is to make sure players follow the rules and enjoy themselves on the server. People must not break the rules which is why we're here for the most part but Moderators are also people you can talk to if you have problems, need tools or are struggling with other players. They're here to help new members when they first join the server with any problems they have, help out veterans with new challenges they might face and making sure problems that arise are put to rest quickly. The other main part of a moderator is to stay unbiased and to not bring anything to a sit whether the people be friend or foe

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:

I am applying for the Imperial Gaming Moderator Team due to me wanting to help the IG Community in a bigger and more thoughtful way. I would like to join the moderator team because I believe I could help the IG Mod Team with its issues and I hope to learn a lot from the current moderators. I would also like to help newer players within the server with problems they may have either fitting in or learning some of the things about the server you don't get to learn within the recruit training room. When I was new to the server I spoke to Moderators and EM's to learn about the server, they were always friendly to me and I would like to keep that going forward within IG

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

I believe I can bring a young, energetic and willing to learn person. Due to me being an immigrant to Australia It's not really new to me to learn new things and improve myself and others through my own experiences and growing up in a different society. I believe my personal experiences with being "different" can really put me into the shoes of people who are getting bullied or threatened. I hope to serve the IG community for a long time.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:

I would first make sure there was no TDM going on to make sure this wasn't someone who was just angry about getting killed (I've seen it happen before...) and would quickly access !plogs and find the persons steam I.D - Once I have their Steam I.D I would count how many people they killed and give a warn for Mass RDM and ban them for 1 Week due to their actions. Mass RDM shouldn't be tolerated as it ruins the players' experience and just makes everyone feel a bit worse.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?: 

Bullying is not tolerated - Straight like that. I don't care who you are, even if I've known you for years or just met you I do not tolerate it. I would firstly TP the victim to a safe spot and ask how did the bullying occur. If it occurred through private messages I would then look through plogs and try and find the messages to the victim. If it happened through VC I would then ask them if there were any witnesses in the situation. If there was evidence of shadowplay, private messages or multiple witnesses I would teleport the accused to a separate part of the ship and I would ask them about there comments to the victim. If they are caught lying to staff when evidence was presented I would warn them for - Lying to Staff, Bullying - I would then send them back and if possible ban them for 1 day to rethink their actions. I would report this incident to my superiors. If the accused can present evidence that they did nothing of the sort I would teleport the person who is the one accusing the other member of bullying and would ask them to explain themselves. After further interrogation and it comes out they falsely called staff I would warn them for - Lying to Staff, Lying about being Bullied -. Bullying should be treated with a high degree of caution but we should not agree with the accuser straight away and should learn about the situation before handing out any punishments

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

If I saw a higher ranking staff member abuse their staff powers I would turn on Shadowplay and record the staff member, collect any and all information on the staff member and get the evidence altogether and send it to Whitey, Wolf or a Senior Admin. There is always a very fine line between having fun and straight up abuse and as a more junior member of staff from my eyes I would decide whether it was just fun or real abuse and decide to go through with it to the higher ranking staff members and management of the server

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

The Computer misuse act of 1990 makes it illegal for anyone to intentionally prevent access or hinder in this case a program/data on the server. The punishment for such a thing is a heavy fine, heavy prison sentence. On Imperial Gaming even making the joke about a DDOS attack should be taken up with the utmost caution. I would teleport the person to me and then ask them what they meant by that. I would then warn them for threatening to make a DDOS attack on the server no matter if it was joke or not. I would then send them on their way and quickly report this to the senior members of the staff team and let them deal with it, assisting where and when possible

Edited by Boris
  • Advisor

NEUTRAL

• The application is well structured, detailed and clearly a lot of effort was put into it.
  • Active member of the community
  • Not all my experiences with you have been pleasant, most have been however
  • Seen you clash with other players and make no attempt to resolve the situation

Good luck!  

Sorry but i'm going to have to -1 this application.

Although the application is detailed I don't see you represent the proper traits to be a moderator yet.

- I've found you at times to be immature, and quick to assume situations.

- You've been rude, disrespectful and aggressive to me at times calling me a "shitty person"

- You currently have a ban on record.

- I've also found you to be impatient and not able to take criticism from interactions with you both on this server and others.

Note: All this being in out of character situations.

At this current moment I don't really see you fit for T-Mod although over time you can prove me wrong.

Edited by Splonter

I like you, you're a really good friend, but I'm kind of like: would he really do well, or am I just going to '+1' this cause he's a friend?

Good things:

Easy to get along with

Decent Morals

General good friend

Bad things:

No experience (yes, can be learnt)

Quite immature at times

Generally, too much of a meme

Ban on record

Not active (could be wrong)

Conclusion:

Neutral - Good guy, bit of a meme

Best of Luck!

Edited by Katelyn

I will be Going for Neutral Support on this Application for the following reasons;

• Your maturity is questionable and from what I have been told you have a tenancy to be quite offensive and immature at times.
  • Your Application is well-structured and detailed.
  • Despite brief periods of immaturity, I can somewhat see you fulfilling this role, however I need to see an improvement, especially for others who have had a negative exeperience with you.

I think that you have potential for this role, and can do great things for the community. I simply need re-assurance that you will not use this position with a bias that you may still have held onto from past experience. 

Goodluck, Boris!

Edited by Sterling

Ok so From my point of view its a -1

-This application has a good amount of detail

-As an engineer you readily engage in RP

-I have heard multiple claims that you are "mingey" and myself have come across this a couple of times

-You have a ban on record, i know people change but it is something that needs to be considered.

I personally don't see why you are referring to EG as "REDACTED", its over, their server is basically dead and i don't think anyone in the community should be shunning you for giving factual information.

I believe if you adjust your attitude you may be more suitable for this role.

+1

There are two sides to Boris, his RP character which everyone knows [How you see Boris on the server is how he RPs], but his true OOC personality is great, his active, friendly, his application has a lot of detail and personally I believe Boris would make a great trial Moderator. A lot of people dislike someone cause what they are like in Roleplay but they don't see his true out of character side.

Edited by Rickle
27 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I will be Going for Neutral Support on this Application for the following reasons;

• Your maturity is questionable and from what I have been told you have a tenancy to be quite offensive and immature at times.
  • Your Application is well-structured and detailed.
  • Despite brief periods of immaturity, I can somewhat see you fulfilling this role, however I need to see an improvement, especially for others who have had a negative exeperience with you.

I think that you have potential for this role, and can do great things for the community. I simply need re-assurance that you will not use this position with a bias that you may still have held onto from past experience. 

Goodluck, Boris!

Leaning towards a +1 :) 

10 minutes ago, Rickle said:

+1

There are two sides to Boris, his RP character which everyone knows [How you see Boris on the server is how he RPs], but his true OOC personality is great, his active, friendly, his application has a lot of detail and personally I believe Boris would make a great trial Moderator. A lot of people dislike someone cause what they are like in Roleplay but they don't see his true out of character side.

+1

57 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Although the application is detailed I don't see you represent the proper traits to be a moderator yet.

- You've been rude, disrespectful and aggressive to me at times calling me a "shitty person"

- I've also found you to be impatient and not able to take criticism from interactions with you both on this server and others.

At this current moment I don't really see you fit for T-Mod although over time you can prove me wrong.

I'd like to just say to everyone. Thank you for your responses whether they be positive or negative. I may come across as a meme or immature. This is partly true, i like jokes, it's who I am but I also take my tasks seriously. I got my problems but who doesn't we're all human. I hope to speak to all of you not on the server but somewhere else. If you want to ask questions or get to know me better, add me on stean

Thank You for your responses.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Rickle said:

+1

+1, While Boris was in Sith Marauders he was a great rper and would try to turn any situation into rp. His in-game personality is much different from his ooc one.

Good luck man.

After having chatted with Boris, I will now be changing to; 

Positive Support.

He doesn't seem to be that immature when compared to the general server populace and seems perfectly rational in his behavior. 

Based on this, I see no problem with him being given a staff position.

Goodluck, Boris!

4 hours ago, Gregis said:

-I have heard multiple claims that you are "mingey" and myself have come across this a couple of times

-You have a ban on record, i know people change but it is something that needs to be considered.

I personally don't see why you are referring to EG as "REDACTED", its over, their server is basically dead and i don't think anyone in the community should be shunning you for giving factual information.

5 hours ago, Gregis said:

Willing to change to a +1 once I'm confident in your abilities.

1- lets find out why...

When I think of Boris I think of a minge someone that can't take criticism. A couple of weeks ago (properly a month) I had a incident with Boris that led to me being AOS'd over a false claim that I had disrespected him anyway after a salty prison sentence I was meet with multiple comments from him in comms yes comms for example he was saying "did you enjoy your prison sentence" and continued with these sort of comments in open comms and it lead to his eventual demotion. This is but a small fraction of incidents on the server and this kind of behaviour is what the opposite of that is expected from a moderator personally I think its laugh able that he would even think he would make it as a T-mod let alone that he has a previous ban from the server on his record.

@GOINGxHAM

Thank you for the comment. If I may break down this I will try to

1. You Disrespected a Higher Up, Which you were then Arrested. Even Shock heard it. None of my comments to you were in Open Comms - They were [SCAR-NAVY]

2. You did not try to RP the Situation as it happened in comms. I definitively remember you saying in OOC. "Don't Fuck with me", May I remind you that this was RP and you were bringing it out of character

3. Yes, I was banned for Poaching and Advertising - Certainly, this is concerning to some people yet I appealed and was granted the trust to not do it again. Evidently, that is the case as I haven't done it.

I would also like you do not think of it as a "laugh that I could ever make it as a tmod". This is plain disrespect to another player and not what someone who has called themselves "reformed" should be spewing. I will take your comment on board and try to improve myself as a person. Thank you for your time

35 minutes ago, Boris said:

@GOINGxHAM

Thank you for the comment. If I may break down this I will try to

1. You Disrespected a Higher Up, Which you were then Arrested. Even Shock heard it. None of my comments to you were in Open Comms - They were [SCAR-NAVY]

2. You did not try to RP the Situation as it happened in comms. I definitively remember you saying in OOC. "Don't Fuck with me", May I remind you that this was RP and you were bringing it out of character

3. Yes, I was banned for Poaching and Advertising - Certainly, this is concerning to some people yet I appealed and was granted the trust to not do it again. Evidently, that is the case as I haven't done it.

I would also like you do not think of it as a "laugh that I could ever make it as a tmod". This is plain disrespect to another player and not what someone who has called themselves "reformed" should be spewing. I will take your comment on board and try to improve myself as a person. Thank you for your time

smh

Edited by GOINGxHAM
27 minutes ago, GOINGxHAM said:

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

And breaking app rules

He didn't bump his thread, he was responding to issues states against him. Bumping would involve little to no reasoning in the message. 

---------EDIT---------

+1

Although having no previous moderating experience can make someone a lesser candidate. I believe having previous a previous event master role can be just as good. Event masters need to think fast on their feet, be able to meditate on an idea, and have good time management. 

Great personality, though a little goofy at time. 

Detail is good.

Has clearly learnt from his previous ban as he hasn't received a warn. 

I'd just suggest working on your maturity - a little less goofy

Edited by Eclipse
6 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

He didn't bump his thread, he was responding to issues states against him. Bumping would involve little to no reasoning in the message. 

Well I was criticised for doing the same thing on my PAC app so sorry for that mistake...

18 hours ago, Splonter said:

Reasons Stated Above
Goodluck!

• Whitey locked this topic