Mordicai's Meals | Post #2

In this post I'll be sharing my ultimate "Chip Butty".
For those who don't know what a chip butty is, its esentially hot chips in between 2 slices of buttered bread. However here on Mordicai's Meals we don't go with the bear nessesities, we add flare to our meals.

So what you'll need is:
   2x Large Potatos of your choosing (I recommend Laura or Binjie potatoes)
   2x Thick slices of bread (I recommend traditional white)
   1x Tub of salted butter
   1x Vial of Salt, Pepper & Paprika
   1x Bottle of Oil

I know the above ingredients look quite unhealthy but if you were here for healthy food, look for another post.
So here's how you make it:
   STEP 1: First you'll need to preheat an oven to 180 degrees celsius
   STEP 2: Peel your potatoes, cut them into chips and blarch them.
   STEP 3: Get an oven tray and season a good founding of: Oil, Salt, Pepper & Paprika onto it.
   STEP 4: Place the chips onto the tray, cover with the seasoning until well covered and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until Golden Brown (Turn the oven up to 200 degrees when chips are in the oven)
   STEP 5: If you got the traditional white precut into thick pieces you can skip this step, If you didn't cut 2 thick slices of the bread and ready them for the chips.
   STEP 6: Just before the chips come out of the oven layer the butter over the bread slices.
   STEP 7: Once you've removed the chips from the oven get the slices of bread and rub the butter side into the seasoning on the tray, toasting and melting the butter.
   STEP 8: Place the chips onto the bread and serve with a beverage of your choosing and tomato sauce/ketchup.

Enjoy your diabeties.
I might have a healthier option next post.

Edited by Renegaderade
  • Like 1

I feel like if you rub the buttered side of the bread on the tray covered in seasoning it's just going to smear butter all over the tray and then you'll have bread with almost no butter left on it lel :hhhehehe:

42 minutes ago, Brass said:

I need to watch my calories, much appreciated

Just forget the:
Large Potatos
Tub of salted butter
Vial of Salt, Pepper & Paprika
Bottle of Oil

And she'll be right.
(Unless you're on a low carbs meal plan)

Edited by Butcher232