Gmod in HD or normal?

6 hours ago, Ash said:

So I recently found out Garry's Mod can actually turned into HD. However it makes the screen quite elongated, so I just wanted to know a general opinion on what version is better.

Thoughts?

Wait do you have a 4:3 monitor or something that is now letterboxing after being set to 16:9?  What is better is whatever looks better on your equipment. This is so vague, it's hard to tell what you are asking

There are HD Client-Side Lua Injections, but personally, I don't really like them, they take away from the whole "Star Wars" effect and make it seem a lot more dark and gloomy than it really is.

Does, however, take really lovely screenshots.

I've been playing Garry's Mod on pretty much minimum/medium graphics for everything and I've gotten used to it, but since I got a new computer I've been able to play on the same 100+FPS with maximum everything and to be honest it is almost too good with all the extra shadows, lighting, quality, etc. Just play with it until you are happy with it, and as @Bailey has said, maximum graphics do make for some amazing videos and screenshots. Just tweak with the settings until it stops tearing, and if not, just change back to what it used to be until a solution can be found.

Edited by pinejack

@Ash I beleive by default G-mod doesn’t monitor detect, it sets a resolution (1400x980 or something idk.) it took me a while to realise this  was the case but you can actually go upto HD, which is your 1920x1080.

this would look a lot better if you are playing on a bigger monitor but will have a impact on performance. If you have a decent rig, like @pinejack you can boost all your settings alongside your resolution and get a game that’s suprisingly asthetically pleasing considering the time it was made.

I myself have a modest Rig, and I play at full settings and smash out 30-60Fps, which is extremely playable, If you can’t max out and get decent frames, play around with things until your holding above 30fps. SWRP can be almost cinematic when a ST private isn’t screaming at you 

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

@Gregis yeh i have an extremely powerful PC, hence why my PC doesn't die at 500 ping - wit does that even matter? idk Pc's all that well.

however yeh @Bailey I'd love too see Gmod in HD that'd be amazing. Although wasn't sandbox men to be a thing soon?

Not really how computers work, i guess it puts more stress on the system when it’s receiving inconsistent rates of data, but still. Smash your settings up and enjoy