Splonter's Event Master Application

Steam Name:

[IG] Splonter

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:0:73716233

In Game Name and Rank:

(Shore Troopers) Captain [3S-1]▪Splonter

Time Played (Server Time):

1 Week, 9 Hours & 36 Minutes. (3+ Weeks before reset, Evident by Level 100)

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them):

Negative.

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them):

G-Realms:

Event Master (2 Months)

Phenomenal Nation:

Event Master (4 Months)

Gateway Gaming:

Junior Event Master (1 Month)

Empire Gaming:

Trial Event Master (1 Month)

Event Master (2 Months)

Senior Event Master (5 Months)

Why are you applying to be an event master:

I'm applying for the position of Event Master for multiple reasons, The main reason I'm applying for this position is to increase the level of enjoyment for the players and the community as a whole by creating new, unique and fun events for everyone to experience as seeing other people happy and enjoying themselves is one of the best experiences you can hope for. Another reason I'm wishing to apply for the role of Event Master is to try to get more of a mix and variety of events going as currently some days I see all On-Ship events others a mix in between but is usually the same layout, I wish to bring new, creative and unique ideas to add onto the event master team whether it be helping with other events masters or creating my own story-line for others to enjoy. Over the past month or so I've been given the opportunity to help out people whether it is In-Character or Out Of Character whether they are new to the community or have been with the community for a vast amount of time I've always been willing to help out and I make sure to put in 110% effort into tasks given to me which lately I've been putting effort into the Media Team to pump out new and unique content for others to enjoy, Considering this I wish to explore new ways of helping the community such as the Event Master role which I'm applying for at this very moment.

Over the years of gaining experience I’ve come to have grown a passion toward some being an Event Master as if it was a magnet that I can’t detach from. I love the experience of being an Event Master as it not only allows me to develop my own skills to benefit myself later in life but also allows me to create something I’m passionate in to increase the enjoyment of others. And as I’ve found in the paste it’s in the things I love most that I put in the most effort I can. I’m applying not only for my passion towards the role but for the enjoyment it gives back to the community and how it’s that enjoyment that you guys get from events that benefits myself. I love to create unique plot lines, and where it’s the players that’s challenge me to improvise, improve and adapt during my events which comes down to the ability of critical thinking. Being an Event Master is something unique and something I wish to continue to pursue this uniqueness and push myself to the limits of providing an immersive experience to the wider community of Imperial Gaming.

What can you bring to the event master team:

If i'm accepted as an Event Master not only will you have an extra helping hand to help people out not only with creating and running events but pitching in and getting involved within the community by creating new and never before seen events which not only enhances everyone's role-playing experience but adds a sense of realism and involves more regiments relating to their skills and abilities. Whilst my activity will help out the staff team quite a bit, Being on and available basically everyday to help out and run events when asked or required whilst acknowledging what the server can and can't handle would be a incredible positive when running events so that they are running smoothly and effectively whilst also giving that sense that you are really in a Galaxy Far Far Away... My knowledge of the Star Wars universe is very broad coming from the Old Republic, To the Mandalorian War, To the Clone Wars, Imperial Empire whilst my knowledge of the expanded universe is also quite large, I can use my knowledge to my advantage during events to create a story-line not only for different characters but for the mission at hand relating to different eras. Whilst over my time of being an Event Master I’ve its that listening to community feedback can help to really make your events stand out, and I’ve come to listen to that feedback to help experiment with my events to see what works and what doesn’t whether it be simply more options whilst waiting for an event to start like climbswep or giving more diverse roles, I aim to improve my events and try different things which I can accomplish through implementing what the community wants to see.

My knowledge of ULX commands is also quite broad. Having over 3 years experience of learning ULX commands and having Event Master experience would be very beneficial towards the community and the overall role within the staff team. Not only would I be able to help and teach others from my past experience but I can use my overall knowledge to benefit events within the community. I'm also very experienced with public speaking as I've had both IRL and In-Game experience with public speaking with some being a major part of being a Commander which I am currently, Being a strong and confident public speaking is a vital part of being an EM when hosting briefings/debriefings and informing troopers as I can add a level of personality and character to how I portray myself to suit the needs of the players. Some other benefits that would also come with allowing me the opportunity to be apart of the staff team is my typing skills, Now some of you might be wondering "How could that help the staff team?" Well being fast at typing could have a lot of benefits as it allows me to react quicker to situation whether it's through setting up classes and models which helps the event be set up faster or responding in Comms to a situation that has happened to react quickly to it so I could get into other things in the event or whether something has gone wrong in the event where I'd have to type quickly either explaining the situation or telling someone to do something to help out in game. Which leads onto the next benefit of me being able to adapt to situation, I'm able to not only adapt but improvise in situation in case things don't go as expected which is a big possibility when hosting an event, Being able to improvise during events allows me to open a new solution to the problem and keep the event going so that it doesn't come to stop all of a sudden and also so I can open up new options that I overlooked in the planning phase so I add more details and more passive rp opportunities within the event.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative:

My ideas to make events more enjoyable and attract more people is endless, I have various ideas to not only make events feel more realistic and fun but that can attract more attention to the server to make Imperial Gaming really stand out amongst the Garry's Mod communities. My events can not only test individuals and regiments with their physical capabilities but I can also make events to test their mental capabilities whether it be they have to answer riddles to pass onto the next stage as an events or give them a puzzle to solve the ideas are endless. Whilst I can make my events give the feel of survival, As there could be one where everyone is pinned down and must survive out a impending attack on their lives, Or something might've gone wrong in a mission leading to certain people or everyone being captured where they must devise a plan to escape or attempt to break out to get back to Imperial territory, Or even a trench warfare event where they must push the enemy back and capture their base. Like I said in one of the previous questions I can also bring in regiment specific jobs that relates to the regiments role and skills, Whether explosives might be needed, Or a stealth part which must be relied on by a cloaking unit, Or even just putting out a scouting unit at the start of an event It will give each regiment more purpose and would really show off what they do. Whilst I can also make more events relating to Passive RP where everything isn't guns blazing but you actually have to talk to different people to get information, torture them or even find another ally to assist you in your mission all of these ideas can lead to events being more enjoyable and would encourage people to get involved in events more. I'd also like to add little details and things to improve the overall experience of events as I've come to learn that the small things matter, One of these would be to add music that suits the current environment as I find it hypes people up a lot and gives them a more immersive feeling into their surroundings and what is going on such as at the start of an event we might decide to all march to the next objective which I could put Jedi Temple March music over the top of that which would definitely improve the experience and would attract more people to get involved in the event.

Over my time of being an Event Master I’ve found it easier to not plan events as much and write up docs on them, rather to take short dotpoints of the basic outline then to expand, improvise and explore different outcomes during the actual event. As rather to have a specific outline of your event can sometime see be generic as shown, rather to expand on it during an event which gives more of a variety of different outcomes as events usually don’t go to plan 80% of the time anyway. Although being able to improvise during events requires the skill of ‘critical thinking’ where I believe I currently pocess as evident by the vote results when i was an Event Master on EG I achieved “Best Event Master” at the time as can be seen by this photo fortifying that having a more variety of different ways to improvise an event can lead to a better event if gone about the right way.6576BDD2-C171-42CA-9E94-7CF9919A5BB4.thumb.jpeg.50c77c63ceb816a9e3e1988ae6c18e70.jpeg

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands:

As stated above over my time in Garry's Mod (4598 Hours) and over 4 years experience I've vastly managed to expand my knowledge of ULX commands although I'm still learning I believe I heave an adequate knowledge of them. 

Anything else you would like to add:

Thank you for reading my application I appreciate any constructive criticism!

Please fill out both event ideas and provide much detail as possible

Event Idea 1:

Spoiler

The Supply Deception

Map:

gm__balkans (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307357127&searchtext=balkans)

Characters:

6-8 Rebels armed wtih A280s SE-14Cs & 1000 HP

NPC Antlions (Can be substituted for bug event characters if server can't handle NPCs)

Briefing:

"Greetings troopers, We've been given orders transport a routine supply shipment to the newly setup Imperial Outpost at 'Stassia' the reason for this cargo transport being heavily guarded is due to the tough terrain we have to land a few miles off the outpost and with the current wildlife is extremely hostile and has caused problems to multiple supply runs in the past, Hence why we've been called in as "Exterminators." You're objective is to transport the supply cargo INTACT to the Imperial Outpost then meet with the Outpost Admiral for further instructions if he has anything else required doing. Be aware of the local wildlife, They will prove as an irritation."

Event Run Through:

Upon arrival on the planet a TV shall be setup whilst the event is being setup. As this is happen you will notice that there are multiple buildings around where everyone spawns creating a small FOB, The houses shall be utilised as a med-bay (for medical role-play), ISB Headquarters, Imperial High Command & Naval Headquarters, as shown in the pictures:

20181016215102_1.thumb.jpg.54c4cda250f28108dc911ddf367860e8.jpg

20181016215105_1.thumb.jpg.002780e27a7e9e942a03dfe21b0cb975.jpg20181016215108_1.thumb.jpg.eb7983afede6ea1fec6641deb1835035.jpg

Before the event has been started this specific cave entrance located next to the spawn-point FOB shall be blocked off which will be explained later on in the event:

20181017165506_1.thumb.jpg.d9d6223efef77b6a3b787f9c27a653b5.jpg

Now once the event has been setup troopers are then advised to stick with the supply transport which shall be two TK-224s (The driver shall be either Tank Troopers or highest qualified currently available and shall be briefed on where which path to take) as shown in this picture, And are yet again advised of the mission objective and hostile wildlife.

20181016215507_1.thumb.jpg.0b8f5f3198f58d5f408e4dfaa8d317ad.jpg

As the troopers move out they shall encounter bug resistance along the way.

20181016220612_1.thumb.jpg.218bcf538a7fe1777ce543417176a927.jpg

The supply transport shall follow this route until a specific point:

Once the troopers reach the first bridge checkpoint before or during some of them are crossing (before the tanks cross) the bridge shall explode as shown:

20181016222344_1.thumb.jpg.c90fa0befbe5872a499453015ec2a99f.jpg

20181016222243_1.thumb.jpg.f01032a41ee1c664d983611f30423ec7.jpg

After the bridge is detonated the troopers shall need to find a way to repair the bridge which will result in Engineers (Shown as Nova Troopers in this photo) being called to make a platform to go across the bridge with the troopers defending them from the hostile wildlife as shown:

20181016222544_1.thumb.jpg.b4e3b26f19d210c7ce3ebcfdfd9326da.jpg

After doing so they shall then continue on their journey and move across the bridge:

20181016222854_1.thumb.jpg.8ef2b6a46c2228d8320ab8258decaf07.jpg

After they reach the second bridge it will yet again explode causing the engineers to move across and rebuild it again whilst the troops stay and defend the engineers and supply transports:

20181016224904_1.thumb.jpg.3e7211129ffcbfa5ffae725e91754859.jpg

Although once the first tank crosses the bridge the bridge wasn't strong enough to support the weight of the second (That being predicted if the Engineers build a bridge with just a platform as shown here instead of a full scale actual bridge that could hold it, If the engineers to build a proper bridge then both tanks will be able to cross) Now assuming that the bridge isn't strong enough to hold the bridge will collapse causing the second tank to full into the river exploding:

After doing so the troops will have to move forward with their final (or both) transports left and move to the base following this route, Upon arrival to their astonishment they find the outpost in complete ruins with multiple dead Storm Trooper bodies scattered across the base and no signs of life after seeing so the troops are instructed to find the outpost commander's body (Being the Admiral's) and ISB are instructed to find any data on the base or him:

After doing so the troops are still ordered to unload the cargo from the transport(s) and setup defences so they can attempt to figure out the cause (Determining that is was not from the overrun of bugs as they are blaster marks), Whilst doing so a scouting party (Scouting regiments) shall be dispatched to scout the remaining area and the rest of the troops shall be dispatched to track down the Bug Hives nest to eliminate the hostile bugs (Bug Nests will have to be destroyed using heavy equipment so higher ups shall have to plan a strategy and devise):

After both Hive Nests have been destroyed the attacking force shall return to the Imperial Outpost and the scouting party should have found an entrance to a cave, They shall be ordered not to enter but shall wait for the rest of the attacking force to enter the cave systems, Once they are all formed up outside the cave they shall begin to move in:
20181017172554_1.thumb.jpg.482b8fea9d803cd4e591e694f70622ac.jpg

Once they have moved into the cave system they should stumble upon a small rebel fortification/base hidden instead explaining the attack on the Imperial Outpost, The troops shall assault the rebel fortification with the tank(s) now empty with cargo if the higher ups deem it fit.

The troopers shall continue to assault the rebel base until they reach the end of the cave (Being the sealed off bit from the start) To make it a quick way out back to the FOB the tank(s) or heavy weaponry shall be ordered to blow a hole at the collapsed cave entrance making an opening for everyone to get through. Then all troopers shall head back to FOB for debriefing:

During debriefing it shall be explained what the intended mission was and the ending outcome/explanation of what happened then it shall be explained that reinforcements have been dispatched to this outpost to take up the position again and refortify the outpost to what it was before. Regimental placings shall be handed out accordingly and CO+ for ST promotions.

After doing so the map shall be swapped back to the Star Destroyer/Death Star.

Event Idea 2:

(Bonus) Event Idea 3:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms of applying:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post (1 week)
2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application deny
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied
5. False information can lead to your application being denied
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied
7. Must have more than 3 days on the server
8. To Clarify, you do NOT need to know the basic ULX commands however we prefer you learn before being accepted.
9. Asking for help from staff and/or past staff members will result in your application being denied, to avoid this you may look over accepted event apps to use as inspiration but not copied.

Agreement:
I Splonter, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Splonter

You have a great Application and you're a good guy but you have just recently came back from another community like 3 weeks ago. I know you're extremely active but I feel you need to prove yourself to the community, my advice just wait a little longer, Neutral

Edit: Changing to +1 after some consideration.goodluck.  

Edited by Havoc
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Havoc said:

You have a great Application and you're a good guy but you have just recently came back from another community like 3 weeks ago. I know you're extremely active but I feel you need to prove yourself to the community, my advice just wait a little longer, Neutral 

Thanks for your feedback, I left the other community I was apart of 2 months ago and rejoined the community around a month and a half ago, I felt as I rejoined the community I should wait a bit before going for such a position over the past month or so within the community I feel like I've proven myself to the community again by putting effort into what i've done both In Characer and out of charatcer with the Media Team. I hope I can continue to do so and prove myself to you. If you have any more advice or ideas on how to prove myself towards you I'd gladly take them on if you message or contact me in private.

Thank you for your feedback again!

And thank you to @Emerald @Cryptix & @Rickle for your positive support!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Havoc said:

I Agree with this but i think your recent work with the media team has proven your readiness to contribute to IG. +1

• Upvote 1

Big +1

• Application is super detailed
  • Events are well thought out and creative
  • Active
  • Already shown creativity and dedication through his videos whilst being apart of the media team
Edited by Cecil
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Cecil said:

Big +1

• Active
  • Already shown creativity and dedication through his videos whilst being apart of the media team

+1

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Cecil said:

Big +1

• Active

• Upvote 1

I will be Supporting this Application for the following reasons;

• Splonter has maintained a good standard of maturity in our interactions.
  • He has previously proven himself capable of being an Event Master, as he was previously a Senior EM on [REDACTED].
  • The Application is detailed and well-structured.
  • The Aforementioned maturity sees that he will surely not abuse this privilege.

Splonter has done great things as an Event Master, and it is with no doubt that I see him carrying on that tradition to Imperial Gaming, and giving great events to the community.

Goodluck, Splonter!

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I will be Supporting this Application for the following reasons;

• Splonter has maintained a good standard of maturity in our interactions.
  • He has previously proven himself capable of being an Event Master, as he was previously a Senior EM on [REDACTED].
  • The Application is detailed and well-structured.
  • The Aforementioned maturity sees that he will surely not abuse this privilege.

Splonter has done great things as an Event Master, and it is with no doubt that I see him carrying on that tradition to Imperial Gaming, and giving great events to the community.

Goodluck, Splonter!

+1, Goodluck

• Upvote 1

I feel like these events you've put in are recycled ones from a long time ago, and there is nothing immediately wrong with that, nor does it mean that you couldn't have possibly edited them since creation; I would just like to see you come up with some new ones that fit the new way we run things on the server. Utilize the new maps we have and try to spice them up a bit. Every application goes on about wanting to do things differently but then give event ideas that are actually quite similar to ones we already run or have run. 

Aside from that, I'm still going to +1 you because I do see much potential in you if you were to join our Event Master team.

What showed me they were old events initially was where you put: Change map to Rishi Moon/Star Destroyer

And then i checked when the google docs were created:

-------------------------------------

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Helsing said:

I feel like these events you've put in are recycled ones from a long time ago, and there is nothing immediately wrong with that, nor does it mean that you couldn't have possibly edited them since creation; I would just like to see you come up with some new ones that fit the new way we run things on the server. Utilize the new maps we have and try to spice them up a bit. Every application goes on about wanting to do things differently but then give event ideas that are actually quite similar to ones we already run or have run. 

Aside from that, I'm still going to +1 you because I do see much potential in you if you were to join our Event Master team.

What showed me they were old events initially was where you put: Change map to Rishi Moon/Star Destroyer

Agree with Helsing but Neutral 

• Upvote 1
On 10/14/2018 at 11:19 PM, Helsing said:

Thank you for your response I appreciate it, The events are old ones that I’ve created and edited over the years to provide as examples, as I felt I didn’t need to create new events and the ones provided are adequate enough. Although in my time of being an Event Master I’ve found it easier to not plan events as much and write up docs on them, rather to take short dotpoints of the basic outline then to expand, improvise and explore different outcomes during the actual event. As rather to have a specific outline of your event can sometime see be generic as shown, rather to expand on it during an event which gives more of a variety of different outcomes as events usually don’t go to plan 80% of the time anyway. Although being able to improvise during events requires the skill of ‘critical thinking’ where I believe I currently pocess as evident by the vote results when i was an Event Master on EG I achieved “Best Event Master” at the time as can be seen by this photo fortifying that having a more variety of different ways to improvise an event can lead to a better event if gone about the right way. I thank you again for your response and support a lot as it has given me a chance to expand and explain my events. Whilst I also do plan on creating and providing more examples of events that I can create.8563F508-6354-4BBA-B60A-27607509CA14.thumb.jpeg.8fd2d896e76001a69e3b28176c340555.jpeg

On 10/15/2018 at 6:15 AM, Morgan said:

Agree with Helsing but Neutral 

Thank you for your response Morgan please refer to my response to Hesling’s post above, thanks again!

On 10/15/2018 at 7:08 AM, Ramirez said:

NEUTRAL

If you truly want this position then wouldn’t you have at least written a new Application and Events?

Thank you for your response Ramirez I appreciate it as it’s going to give me a chance to explain my thoughts. Now with the events part please refer to my post above to Hesling’s post. Now onto the application the reason why is that my thoughts and opinions on why I currently believe I’m fit for this position has not differed much nor changed over my time of being within the community and that I’d find it counter productive to rewrite my application when I already believe what I’ve written fits my current thoughts and beliefs. Although i have edited little bits and pieces that have changed or my opinion has now differed upon the majority of why I believe I should have the chance to become an Event Master stays the same. The belief that I don’t ‘truely’ want this position based off the fact of my application still containing the same amount of detail and quality as before which i can see why you’d think this from your perspective although overtime I’ve grown a passion towards the Event Master role over my time. I’m currently in the process of writing more paragraphs and detail to reinforce my belief of why I should be given a chance to prove myself and your response has given me a chance to come up with more ideas on how I can prove that I truely wish to achieve this role so I am thankfully for your responses and honest opinion. And I hope my response has given you a new view and proves how much I truely wish to helping out the community by becoming an Event Master.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:14 AM, CaptainBorkz76 said:

Have to agree with Ramirez here 

Thank you CaptainBorkz for your response I appreciate it, please refer to my response above to Ramirez’s stated. Thank you again!

If any of you wishes to discuss this more I would be more than happy to do so just contact me in private.

Edited by Splonter
  • Like 2
  • Welshy locked this topic