Ragnar

Ragnar's Junior Developer Application

Name In-game:

Ragnar

Teamspeak Name:

Ragnar

Playtime on the server:

1 day 7 hours 15 minutes

Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE):

Java and currently learning more gLua

What type of content do you want to create for our server?

I would be interested in creating scripts and helping optimize content that we implement on the server.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?

Currently I am a Trial Developer on an American Clone Wars RP server and I will be making more scripts for them. As a test they gave me a basic menu script test. Acknowledging the terms below, I am mostly looking to gain experience in gLua and development in general as I am working to get a degree in Computer Science and any experience is helpful. That being said, I will act as professional as possible on both sides as to not breach either side’s terms.

https://github.com/Dylan-Thorp/Scripts 

The scripts in this repository are made by me unless stated otherwise in commit description.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPER TERMS:

If you are a Developer for Imperial Gaming any and all content you make that goes on our server is exclusive to Imperial Gaming. If you are caught re-distributing this content to our competitors you will be barred from developing for us and COMMUNITY BANNED as a result. Your Steam ID and profile will also be blasted on forums like Facepunch as a ‘Server Content Leaker’. So before sending something make sure you check with the Head of Development first. These terms are at the discretion of the Head of Development and is a blanket statement for redistribution of Imperial Gaming’s content.

Edited by Ragnar
had to fix in game time. (Forgot to add hours and minutes)

-1 This is for some reasons but the main one is you're a dev on a different server.

And try make some nice Glua scripts not justs DarkRP jobs

2 minutes ago, charles said:

-1 This is for some reasons but the main one is you're a dev on a different server.

And try make some nice Glua scripts not justs DarkRP jobs

Did you check the server and client folder?

-1 this is a very undetailed and rushed application with very short and generic answers. I also have no idea who you are, and there is a bit of a concern as you are actively developing on another server.

Eh these are all extremely generic things that are all over the internet to copy and paste, but this does show a certain level of understanding. Maybe a more unique example would be appreciated, I don’t know if you come across sensitive information being a dev but I’m unsure if holding a dev position on another server is appropriate. If you really want experience. IG is literally the biggest server so it may work in your favour to dissociate yourself from the other sever. 

Neutral for now 

Edited by Gregis

I forgot to mention my Java experience here, but I am involved with my school's robotics team and am taking a college Computer Science class

https://github.com/FRCTeam3255/Robot2018-Code/graphs/contributors

That is my contributions to last year's code. I have experience working through complex systems and working towards debugging. I have been active on and off this server for a while now and there are members of higher staff that can confirm this. If anyone has any concerns please address them through Teamspeak or the forums private messaging function as I would be glad to address concerns.

6 minutes ago, pinejack said:

-1 this is a very undetailed and rushed application with very short and generic answers. I also have no idea who you are, and there is a bit of a concern as you are actively developing on another server.

As for "undetailed" and rushed, I have looked at other applications that have been accepted, most are around the same length. Like I said above, please feel free to toss me a PM or check with some people who have known me in the past on the server.

https://github.com/FRCTeam3255/Robot2018-Code/tree/master/src/org/usfirst/frc/team3255/robot2018/commands

is also another example of my experience working with a team of developers. All these commands for the physical components on our robot have been created directly using First Libraries and Java.

Understanding that I have not had adequate time to prove myself here in some members of this community's eyes, I will go ahead keep request to have this thread moved to denied or just delete it. I am going to continue to be on the server to show dedication.

1 hour ago, CaptainBorkz76 said:

Na

Can you actually provide reason, this is pointless, provides the author nothing to improve on and makes you look lazy.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, pinejack said:

4 hours ago, pinejack said:

Neutral