Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squid

996th and the battlestation

I know it hasn't even been a day yet on the battle station but the whole of 996th not just myself are concerned on what there actually is for 996 to do. 

For starters there's no 996 bunks, IHC is to be on the first floor and will only consist of general offices which gives little to no RP for 996th since CO meetings cant be in IHC anymore and will instead be at the conference room. We have also found out that the handbook is actually incorrect and 996 aren't allowed to guard the grand general inside the NPCC (In the handbook the picture on page 9 clearly shows 2 996th guards by grand generals room). 
In my personal opinion the current situations placed upon 996th will destroy the regiment. There needs to be some more clarification on what exactly we can do instead of just guarding IHC on level 1 next to the trash compactor (Because no one in there sane mind would guard that small room for hours on end). I did have a suggestion for if we were to keep IHC next to the firing room but ISB have claimed that instead.

I think the map looks amazing don't get me wrong. I just see it as 996 is being made irrelevant. The small amount of RP 996th got on the SD actually gave us something to do and just seems like its all been taken away and I don't want to see 996 falling apart.

Again I'm not having a dig at anything in particular, I do get that some aspects are completely out of anyone's control. Just voicing some concerns is all :) 

Thanks. 

Squid.

***Wasn't sure where to put this on the forum. This seemed like a good place to drop it. If its in the wrong spot I do apologise immensely***

Edited by Squid
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Agreed. 996th did seem a-little bored and were just wandering around today. Nonetheless, I think this is easily solvable if they just give them some sort of significant guarding role somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Agreed. 996th did seem a-little bored and were just wandering around today. Nonetheless, I think this is easily solvable if they just give them some sort of significant guarding role somewhere.

@Ramirez So 996 protocol states IHC must be guarded at all times. This past week I've found myself to be the only 996 on quite alot. I understand others hsve stuff to do and don't blame them for their absence. It means that I would have to stand all the way down on level 1 guarding an office. And being on level 1 and due to the fact theres only general offices it would make for extremely minimal RP and extremely minimal player contact. You honestly cant say thats fun. Also theres times that there is no generals on. 

1 minute ago, Squid said:

@Ramirez So 996 protocol states IHC must be guarded at all times. This past week I've found myself to be the only 996 on quite alot. I understand others hsve stuff to do and don't blame them for their absence. It means that I would have to stand all the way down on level 1 guarding an office. And being on level 1 and due to the fact theres only general offices it would make for extremely minimal RP and extremely minimal player contact. You honestly cant say thats fun. Also theres times that there is no generals on. 

Well maybe that'll have to change.

A lot of regiments have been forced to make compromises so everyone can enjoy the DS - I'm sure in time everything will be ironed out. 

• Upvote 1

I think the problem with having such a large map is that guarding regiments jobs become a bit more boring, we have just made the transition and i'm sure with a little time, things like this will be resolved. Good job voicing your concerns in a professional manner.

This is a map of compromises.  Almost no one has specific bunks, only large groups like the 501st, ST's and the sith have them.  IHC is small, but so is GOV and ISB (to an extent).

10 hours ago, Squid said:

guarding IHC on level 1 next to the trash compactor

Thats an ISB area...

27 minutes ago, Goliath said:

This is a map of compromises.  Almost no one has specific bunks, only large groups like the 501st, ST's and the sith have them.  IHC is small, but so is GOV and ISB (to an extent).

Thats an ISB area...

not for long, I believe we are switching places with IHC within the next couple days, thus why we haven't actually built anything in the current ISB HQ

27 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Thats an ISB area...

Sure no one has specific bunks theres like a big group bunks except 996 literally spawn at the trash compactor. We have nothing. Also level one im told will be IHC even if it states ISB for now. I know IHC, ISB and GOV all have small areas but the fact of the matter is 996th's role becomes null and void on the Battle Station if it wasn't to change. 
Don't get me wrong im sure things will change and 996 will be changed up to do something of significance im just making sure it happens by voicing current concerns.

Hi Squid,

As i discussed with you in game, I'll run some ideas through management to see how we can better utilize 996th.

Hey doesnt 996th also guard overbridge and NPCC, where more people are?

Edit: we could also add in guarding checkpoints where you have to guard and ask for ID to get past

Edited by Bevan

Even though this map is awesome it’s a tad too large. I think as time goes by it should be sorted. But this type of stuff will always happen on new rotation maps, it happened on Naboo and was fixed by the implementation of guarding posts.

Edited by Havoc

3 hours ago, Delta said:

Guard the pew pew room

patrol 

guard engine room if you can find it 

Normal 996 duties dont cover that as they generally are already guarded by SK/RT. Ect. Also 996 don't do patrols. We didn't just want to invade other regiments duties and cause arguments of who does what. However its either been changed now or currently still going through changes of what 996's duties will be on the Battlestation. 

Edited by Squid

I feel your pain! Pilots have little to to do aswell but I won’t go into that right now.

We are on the map for 2 weeks so I guess you’d just have to hold on for the time being.