Jump to content

Upgrade Server?   

46 members have voted

  1. 1. More Slots?

    • Yes
      12
    • No
      34


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Splonter said:

I’m sorry but it is impossible for player slots to be increased, Garry’s Mod doesn’t allow it.

Only thing I’d think to fix this was to have a second server for events that way people can still play on the server when an events going on balancing out population.

Second server with just everything the same (files copied) would be good and if one server is full you just go on the next one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EpicEzale said:

Second server with just everything the same (files copied) would be good and if one server is full you just go on the next one.

Already discussed this and decided against it as it would split our player base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martibo said:

Already discussed this and decided against it as it would split our player base.

may i ask how. most nights we are getting 128 people and other want to join so if EMs just sit on the other one and run events. While staff (Mods) sit on the main one and do staff stuff its a win win. The people that want events get them the people that want to RP, Rp

And with SLQ or SQL or what ever its called couldnt you hook both servers up to read data so if you SGT on one server you SGT on the other

Just wondering

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, charles said:

may i ask how. most nights we are getting 128 people and other want to join so if EMs just sit on the other one and run events. While staff (Mods) sit on the main one and do staff stuff its a win win. The people that want events get them the people that want to RP, Rp

And with SLQ or SQL or what ever its called couldnt you hook both servers up to read data so if you SGT on one server you SGT on the other

Just wondering

It’s possible for the database stuff, but it wouldn’t be worth splitting up the players. The fact is that 90% of SWRP is waiting around until events happen. If you have another server where events are being held, almost everyone would go there instead of the original server. If the original server held events, all those people would leave the second server and join the original server again.

 

It would fuck up the player base. 

If if you want to be on the server, join it before it’s full.

Edited by Stevo.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...