Scout Trooper Idea

Idea is once Widow/Storm Troopers reach SGT+ they should have the option to change their models along with their weapons to that of a Scout Troopers, it could be a seperate class, similar to heavy or medic, except they are given what a scout trooper would have and is specialized to Widow/Storm Troopers.

• Like 2

Hello. As most of the old Imperial Gaming players know Widow squad were like scouts they had the skin and the guns. right now they have the Guns of scouts, If you want to see things change its really up to @Stevo. and the Window leaders. I mean Widow leaders (I did listen Stevo) 

I more think he means, you can put it in as a !swap command or implement it in the way of the support/heavy where you take a test and you can get a sniper or a recon class for the ST's in order to give some incentive to stay in the Regiment. Not that there already isn't some, but, it would give a helping hand to the activity of the NCO's and such in ST's, rather than just Widow Squad.

Could also have more than one person set as this role at a time (maybe 3 at most?) in order to maximize utility and the amount they're seen throughout the server.

Unsure how to implement it well, but overall, +1

• Like 1

Long ago when Widow squad first got it's own class, the models were originally the scout trooper player models.

However, I, along with Stevo and the rest of Widow squad pushed for the models to be changed to the current ones for a few reasons.

1. ST's thought that we were a completely seperate regiment. It's a bit hard to tell a new ST recruits what to do when they don't even think they are part of your command structure. We had a lot of instances where ST's would line up in completely seperate lines, think they were going to the wrong training session, or run away during events to find their "actual commander". We changed the models so that they could be identified as storm troopers, but have special markings to distinguish them from other ST's.

2. Invalid bones. Anyone who knows me understands that I love PAC. And a few other people in Widow have been also experiencing it's joys. But the scout models have invalid bones, making bone merging absolutely impossible. Shoulders would stretch into the ground and it would be a mess...that was my personal incentive for changing the models, as well as the reason listed above.

3. The "scout" trooper doesn't fit Widow squad's role. Widow squad was designed, and still is the leading figure of the storm trooper corps. They have distinguished themselves from the masses of ST's, and are the ones who are willing to lead and nurture the upcoming generations of players. In short, they are not scouts.

The primary issue with your suggestion, is that the storm troopers would effectively be split into two different regiments. The ST's, and Scouts. This is unnecessary and is a detriment to the main advantage of the storm troopers, numbers. Sending a small group of untrained scouts when there are already other regiments trained in scouting would be of no use to the server, OR the ST's.

That's my opinion, thank you for the suggestion though

~ Hornet

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, addamcor said:

Long ago when Widow squad first got it's own class, the models were originally the scout trooper player models.

However, I, along with Stevo and the rest of Widow squad pushed for the models to be changed to the current ones for a few reasons.

1. ST's thought that we were a completely seperate regiment. It's a bit hard to tell a new ST recruits what to do when they don't even think they are part of your command structure. We had a lot of instances where ST's would line up in completely seperate lines, think they were going to the wrong training session, or run away during events to find their "actual commander". We changed the models so that they could be identified as storm troopers, but have special markings to distinguish them from other ST's.

2. Invalid bones. Anyone who knows me understands that I love PAC. And a few other people in Widow have been also experiencing it's joys. But the scout models have invalid bones, making bone merging absolutely impossible. Shoulders would stretch into the ground and it would be a mess...that was my personal incentive for changing the models, as well as the reason listed above.

3. The "scout" trooper doesn't fit Widow squad's role. Widow squad was designed, and still is the leading figure of the storm trooper corps. They have distinguished themselves from the masses of ST's, and are the ones who are willing to lead and nurture the upcoming generations of players. In short, they are not scouts.

The primary issue with your suggestion, is that the storm troopers would effectively be split into two different regiments. The ST's, and Scouts. This is unnecessary and is a detriment to the main advantage of the storm troopers, numbers. Sending a small group of untrained scouts when there are already other regiments trained in scouting would be of no use to the server, OR the ST's.

~ Hornet

This beautiful lad here explains it . -1

11 hours ago, addamcor said:

~ Hornet

Alright, so, now it's my time to make a really long response and insult a whole bunch of people, which will then get this post deleted. It's whoever-decided-to-mention-me's fault so you can blame him.

Widow Squad started out as a group to put the best of the Stormtroopers into, to give them something to make them feel special so that they wouldn't leave. The Stormtrooper Corps is one of the hardest regiments to keep people in because at the time they didn't have gear like other regiments did (and the job is one of the hardest and most important on the ship). Widow Squad originally had 10 members before it was forcibly disbanded by O'Hare, all of which became part of the ST chain of command. After it was disbanded the ST's went to shit under O'Hare and only a tiny bit better under Zach.

Once I was given the ST's they were so far into shit that the only members of the ST higher-ups were Widow Squad members, three of them. I then made the decision to make Widow Squad the commanding body of the ST's out of necessity because nobody would stay in the normal ST's. After two weeks there were 8 ST higher-ups, all of which were Widow Squad, 4 of which are either still in Widow Squad or directly affiliated with the ST's.

After a while of my bitching to management to give the ST's something to keep people in the regiment, Widow got classes. They were the scout classes, as the scout regiment had been dead for a while, but at least they were something. Most of us that had been with Widow for months before the classes literally cried, including one solitary tear from me (thanks for not removing the classes management btw :3 ).

The problem with these classes though, was that new ST's had no idea who to follow during events, it got to the point where they started following SCAR troopers when they used PAC. So we got them changed to the model they have now.

Now the reason why I bring up that little part of history is because Widow Squad was never designed to be the commanding body of the ST's (unlike what Hornet said), they were supposed to be an elite group of the best ST's. Not Scout Troopers. They were also supposed to be separate to the commanding body of the ST's. The weapons they have were supposed to help them do mission based field work, even though they are from the Scout Troopers. They are only the commanding body of the ST's because they have to be. The day we can finally get in a ST chain of command outside of Widow, they will become what they were originally - A group of elite ST's.

Adding the Scout Troopers to Widow (or the ST's) would do nothing, there would be no point. I saw someone mention somewhere that maybe the Scout Trooper models should be added in the same way that we implemented Snow Trooper models. We don't even use the Snow Trooper model as it is and it's just other thing for the mingy ST's to abuse. The ST's have enough problems with the Snow Trooper model being used at the wrong time as it is.

It's not needed.

And before someone numpty who's related to a space mexican brings up the suggestion to add Scout Troopers as a regiment again, we have enough regiments as it is. I don't need another one to keep an eye on.

Now, before someone tries to argue that adding some sort of Scout Trooper thing to the server or the ST's, just remember that I was there the 780 times that Scout Troopers died and that I have witnessed every atrocity committed towards the ST's (eg. The Tier System).

Edit: We also have like 5 scouting regiments, a member in Widow who specializes in scouting/scouting stuff and they're still not needed.

Edited by Stevo.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2