In Game Name: Galen Erso

In Game Rank: Doctor

In Game Regiment: Navy Engineers

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 3W/5D

image.thumb.png.180a28375aa56ebe13e7d9c2796adb6e.png

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): 2

image.thumb.png.b3fb0e21cc6ded89c25d6383591d62de.png

I have one warning for DC'ing to avoid arrest (I Was new to SWRP, and didn't understand this concept)

And another for player Dis (Me and a friend were exchanging banter in a bad place)

Have you had any bans (If so state them): N/A

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them):

I have been a staff member on multiple Dark RP servers, i even owned/deved one

-Emerald Dark RP (Staff Manager)

-Ocean Servers (Owner/Developer)

-Ocicidous Servers (Moderator)

(Theres more for sure but these would be the most notable!)

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

OK. My idea of a moderator might be a little different, and that may be due to my Dark-RP background. I believe players enjoy the server most when there is a consistent flow of RP, and i believe it is a moderators job to tend to this need. Moderators tend to situations and mediate problems, i believe this is most effective when a moderator allows all parties to have a say and fairly dictate a situation. I believe its a moderators job to prevent the minority players, ruining the majority of players experience, by utilizing the tools they are given. I believe a moderator can also Enhance the RP of individuals, from spawning in ships to setting models and body groups. I in the end believe a moderators purpose is to be someone approachable who is always keen to help out, but also wise and mature enough to deal with the disobedient characters that come onto the server.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:

I love this server, i have never ever played SWRP Before this, i had seen a you-tube video of someone messing around in it so i thought i'd give it a go and i instantly fell in love with the concept, and the community. I feel like this server has given me so much, and i want to give back. I love helping people, like I love it. I like challenges, and being honest, It is not easy being a moderator, you have to keep tabs on a lot of things, and keep a calm head in some situations you really don't want to, and i respect our staff team so greatly for being able to achieve this so consistently and its something i want to develop and match

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

A passion for the community, and a dynamic mind that is ready to approach challenges from other angles. I'm extremely active, and i'll bring a dynamic of being on at hours that I usually see no staff/minimal staff on. I work in a team environment, and its nothing i'm not use to, I would thrive working with other staff, and utilize communications. So contradictory to what many think of me, i'm extremely responsible, when i hold a responsibility (Such as t-mod how convenient!), i think this has shown for me in my transition to Galen Erso, i have toned down so much. I know when to take things seriously and as much as a lighthearted bloke as i am, i can knuckle down and focus on a task at hand extremely well.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:

Straight into the logs, and fetch the steam ID, of the perpetrator, and copy it down somewhere safe. After this i would gather evidence (Videos), and ask for any accounts from community members. (Just because someones killed 5 people it isn't always necessarily Mass RDM). After i have done this, and have acquired enough evidence to satisfy my judgment, i will give out 2 warnings, One for Mass RDM, and another for DC To avoid punishment.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

Bullying is obviously a serious issue, and i would start by separating both the parties, I would take a story/statement from both sides, and ask for evidence. After this if any community members can confirm/deny these stories i will chat with them, but whilst keeping the possibility of bias into consideration. If i believe the bullying is severe enough, i would defer the situation to whitey or a senior admin as by law (Commonwealth Criminal Code, 1955. Division 474, subdivision C. Telecommunications Offences) This is actually a illegal offence, and as an Trial-moderator i feel as if it would be out of my reach to handle. If the case was not severe, i would try to ask the parties to avoid contact, and issue warns where necessary.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

Record as much evidence (Shadow play/Logs/Statements) as possible, as this is the only thing that will ultimately make a difference, after evidence is gathered i would take it upon myself, to not speak to anyone about it and take the evidence/information and provide it straight to Whitey.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

Straight up. !steamid. Save the shadow play footage, fetch the name of the perpetrator, and give him an hour ban. This way he can no longer make threats in OOC/COMMS, and i can pass all this information onto a high ranking staff member, Admin+. Most of these threats are entirely baseless, but someone who's going to make these threats obviously has 0 intent to role play, so removing them from the server until someone else can deal with the threat appropriately, in my opinion is a smart decision.

I apologies for the weird, bold text, i have tried and tried to fix this!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.
5. False information can lead to your application being denied.
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.
7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.
9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).
10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.
11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.
12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.
13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Gregis

+1 all long as you are no longer staff then your all good. Since you have been trusted with Galen i thing you should be trusted with staff aswell

• Like 1

+1

• Active, mature and responsible.
  • The application is written well.
  • You're in a very important position which you haven't abused.
  • Obviously wants it.

Opinion is subject to change.

Good luck with your application.

• Like 1

HUGE +1

Has been trusted with PAC3 and the lore character role Galen Erso, hasn't abused any and he does his job well, his extremely active, doesn't minge, friendly, application has a lot of detail would make a great Trial moderator.

Goodluck

-Rickle

• Like 1

+1, Gregis will make a great Moderator. He has the skills necessary to moderate the server in an efficient and correct way. He knows when a laugh is ok and when it is not, in every single situation. This is quite a hard skill to possess and Gregis demonstrates it extremely well. The warns are a dealbreaker, but he has explained them showing that he cares. His role of Galen Erso involves a lot of responsibility and decision making which are the skills necessary for a Moderator. 

Best of Luck, 

Ramirez

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Crunchy said:

+1 but i can barely see the question because it blends in with the awnser

I have reformatted the application, thank you for the feedback 

I have known you for a long time on the server and i believe that you could make an awesome T-MOD. +1

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rickle said:

HUGE +1

Has been trusted with PAC3 and the lore character role Galen Erso, hasn't abused any and he does his job well, his extremely active, doesn't minge, friendly, application has a lot of detail would make a great Trial moderator.

Goodluck

-Rickle

Big +1 I completely agree with rickle, best of luck buddy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ragetank said:

Big +1 for dealing with a loss so well and building things. Oh and i guess youre mature and active

You commented on this just to burn me... respect 

• Like 1

+1

From what I have seen you have done a great job creating RP as Galen Erso as well as being active, mature and responsible.

You would make an excellent T-Mod

Good luck

• Like 1

+1

I've seen you become very active and you have taken the role of Galen Erso incredibly well. Would do great with T-mod

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Your a day early on your bump, watch out for that

edit: Unless your New Zealand in which case your exactly on time for the bump :p

Edited by Planz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Planz said:

Your a day early on your bump, watch out for that

edit: Unless your New Zealand in which case your exactly on time for the bump :p

Nope i just read the little calendar in the right hand corner, stupid Americans. My apologies

• Haha 1