Jump to content

Design Questions (Deathstar)


Bailey
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, so recently I've been asked by Whitey to make signs for the Death Star to explain what is on each level and help new players get around, as well as learn "What the heck is this floor, what's on it? Can I be here?"

However, I'm not the best designer in the world and I'd like to give the community a chance to say "Hey, we wanna see a design like this just about around every corner."

So, here we go - This is my current base design - https://gyazo.com/3d479e9c3d4b8e951ca4d6f2b449e3a1 - I'm using grid lines in Photoshop that I've used ingame on that same prop.

Things I am changing are

  • The distance between them all, way too far, needs to be closer.
  • Possibly the base metal texture.
  • Possibly the colour scheme.
  • I very much like the fonts.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

 

EDIT: https://gyazo.com/01698cdfb6f57b681c03bf18c59f301f - This is my current design in Photoshop, the prop makes it warp a touch.

EDIT:  https://gyazo.com/e0a5f6d9b3af1316ee63ea747f935d5e - Making the prop 2x2 now, easier to make the design look nicer.

Edited by Bailey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the designs, the one thing I can say is that when it's put onto a prop (As seen in the first screenshot) I don't like how much it warps together, it makes it look... rushed in a way.

Apart from that, they're pretty good.

Keep up the good work Bailey ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Brass said:

I like the designs, the one thing I can say is that when it's put onto a prop (As seen in the first screenshot) I don't like how much it warps together, it makes it look... rushed in a way.

Apart from that, they're pretty good.

Keep up the good work Bailey ^_^

Yeah I don't know how to not warp it tbh. I'm gonna work with some other devs to try and fix it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gregis said:

What can’t you do? I reckon it’s looking great, only thing I’d suggest is changing the black text to white. G-mod loves creating shadows where they shouldn’t be and this may be a problem with black text 

 

6 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

The designs right now look amazing @Bailey! All that matters is that you tried. <3

Thank you, you are fine young men, I'm looking into improving the designs tonight with Moose and seeing how they go server-wise. THank you though :).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mauler said:

Does this text translate or is it just star wars gibberish and english?

Seems to be just a font, you can pick out the same glyphs repeated in the same places in relation to the letters

image.png.8108be303d094fe44fc01ca12d2ac287.png

Edited by Tonberry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2018 at 11:50 AM, Bailey said:

Text translates, its a font.

 

On 10/1/2018 at 11:20 AM, Tonberry said:

Seems to be just a font, you can pick out the same glyphs repeated in the same places in relation to the letters

image.png.8108be303d094fe44fc01ca12d2ac287.png

There IS a font, it can be found on the Star Wars Vehicles Addon if you extract it. I tried to upload it to Gmod or onto Google Docs to write an ultra secret document back when I was actually something useful but it didn't upload :( (For GMOD I tried to put it into TextScreens so I could look fancy af but alas).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mauler said:

 

There IS a font, it can be found on the Star Wars Vehicles Addon if you extract it. I tried to upload it to Gmod or onto Google Docs to write an ultra secret document back when I was actually something useful but it didn't upload :( (For GMOD I tried to put it into TextScreens so I could look fancy af but alas).

Its not hard to do, contact me and I can help you with it young man.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...