Welcome to the Imperial Gaming

Welcome to my forums, full of great members.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP Server

Jye

Jye's Trial Moderator Application

Steam Details

Steam Name: Jye

Steam IDSTEAM_0:1:72909553

Steam Profile linkhttps://steamcommunity.com/id/Relegator/

In Game Details

In Game Name《97-1》Jye

In Game Rank: Colonel

In Game Regiment: Chimaera Squad 

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 2W 6D 22HTime.png.3ab26d5728ea18f17ca5fe6f7abd7a2d.png

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them):

I'm not staff on any other servers or communities on gmod, nor have I ever been. However I am currently a moderator for a popular twitch streamer (somewhat irrelevant but it is still a staff position worth noting I would believe)

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

The purpose of a moderator is to enforce the rules of the server and ensure they are not broken. It is the role of a moderator to help players with any issues they may be dealing with on the server and ensure that players enjoy their time on the Imperial Gaming server. Moderators serve to aid players and the server when needed, whether it be by giving players tools for tasks, intervening when players have broken rules or are in the process of doing so and informing then what/when they did to hopefully avoid the offender repeating these actions, or simply getting a player unstuck from an elevator. The tasks of moderators vary widely, but are mainly to support the players and ensure they enjoy their stay on the server.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:

I am applying for Trial Moderator as I have enjoyed my time on the server and love the community. As such, I decided I would like to be able to help out in any way I was able to. This lead me to filling this application out as I believe I would be a good fit for the moderator team, as I am often active during peak hours and hours when people aren't often on (Im a few hours behind most people on the server, so it allows me to be on when more staff aren't able to be). I am on the server every day, and have no plans of leaving or spending any less time on the server. Being a trial moderator would mean I am also able to help people with the same issues I faced and was too afraid to ask for help with when I first started, such as asking for tools or being set back from an event character among other things. I would also be able to help players being faced with daunting situations such as bullying on the server or witnessing someone breaking rules. Becoming a trial moderator would also allow me to be able to better get to know the community as a whole, and form bonds with people I am not yet close with.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

If I were to become a trial moderator, The staff team would gain a responsible, trustworthy, active and mature community member who is always ready to contribute and lend a helping hand on the server and better the experience players have during their time here. I am focused when it comes time for me to work seriously, and am willing to improve and adapt to any task or requirements needed of me. I believe I have the capability to become a valuable asset to the staff team, improve my relationship with members of the community and even become a better member of the community myself.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:

I would look through the server logs to get information on the incident, such as the amount of players RDM'd and the steam ID of the offender, then warn them for "Mass RDM x (insert number here)" and for disconnecting to avoid punishment and an admin sit. I will find out the amount of players warns and/or bans, then punish them accordingly with the information I have gathered. I will inquire with staff members to help decide the severity of their punishment and the length of their ban based on their past behavior.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

I would first speak to the targeted member of the community and ask them what happened. I would then ask them for any form of evidence, be it screenshots or video evidence. I would then speak to the person/s that acted this way towards the victim and ask them for their side of the story, and again any evidence. If evidence shows that the bully was lying or in the wrong, I would warn them for bullying and lying to staff. If he admitted to the bullying I would warn him for bullying. If the person was a repeat offender I would confer with other staff members as to how to go about punishing them. If the person being bullied turned out to be lying, I would warn them for lying to staff. I would also get the bully and the victim of said bullying to talk to each other with me present to try and get them to resolve it with each other face to face and put the issue to rest.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

If possible, I record (or if unavailable and possible, take any screenshots I could) anything eligible to be taken as evidence of them abusing their powers. I would tell the staff member that they are abusing their powers and ask them if they were aware of what they were doing. If they ignore me and continue this behavior or even tell me to mind my own business, I will contact a more experienced staff member (preferably a super admin+) and tell them about what happened. I would hand any evidence over to said admin and, if asked, give any further information necessary from me witnessing the event.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

If someone threatened to DDOS the server, I would immediately find their steam ID and any information pertaining to the player such as any past offences, ban/warns and any other actions related to behavior like this. I would record or take a screenshot of the person doing this for evidence and then proceed to immediately ban the player in hopes of preventing them from carrying through with their threat. I would then inform a senior staff member (again, preferably super admin+) about the threat and provide any further information necessary such as past offences and other behavior in order to help them decide what to do.

Any feedback on how to improve my application is much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to view/respond to my application.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.
5. False information can lead to your application being denied.
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.
7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.
9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).
10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.
11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.
12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.
13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Relegator
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

Active, Mature, Detailed answers

Good luck

Completely Agree.

Would love to have you on the Staff Team.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:14 AM, Brass said:

HUGE +1

Good luck

What Brass said, 
Though I think the answers could be a tad more detailed
Your a Legend, and Great person to talk to 
Goodluck! ;D

Edited by Planz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

Good luck

I love this application and you're a pretty nice guy in game so +1, Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brass said:

HUGE +1

Good luck

+1

Goodluck

-Rickle

• Like 1

+1

Where do I start - Jye you are always so helpful and always put people before yourself.

- Active

- Friendly

- Outgoing

- Great Leader

- Dedicated

• Like 1

+1

• The application is written extremely well and with obvious care, you've been stressing about writing it for the past few days which shows that you genuinely want the position and are really ready to work for it, unlike others who apply.
  • I'm unable to fault the scenarios you have written, they are perfect and are what people should do in most situations.
  • Your playtime is outstanding and shows you're active within the community.
  • You're on everyday which is something we need in Moderators.

promotemenow

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

+1

• The application is written extremely well and with obvious care, you've been stressing about writing it for the past few days which shows that you genuinely want the position and are really ready to work for it, unlike others who apply.
  • I'm unable to fault the scenarios you have written, they are perfect and are what people should do in most situations.

promotemenow

About damn time +1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

+1

promotemenow

Big +1 Jye is mature, active, Friendly and shows signs of being a good moderator. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

+1

Massive +1

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 7:14 AM, Brass said:

HUGE +1

Good luck

^ +1

• Like 1

+1

Decent App

Great Guy

Chill

Nice

Trust Worthy

Good luck man!!!

• Like 1

+1

Great guy, is a great role model for players on the server and I think he could do well as a moderator.

• Like 1