Panda's Junior Developer Application

Name In-game: ARC-28-A Panda

Teamspeak Name: Panda

Playtime on the server: 2.5 days at the moment, about a week and a half before the reset.

Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE): CPP, C#, Java, Python, Javascript, PHP, AngularJS, C, SQL, Powershell, VB.NET

What type of content do you want to create for our server? Anything to be honest, I'm more into the scripting side and am a quick learner with programming but I could learn other stuff just as quick too.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about? Nothing worth talking about to be honest, mainly just scripts to automate things for me :D Not a lot in Gmod but I have played around with LUA before.

More: I am currently a second year computer science student at university. Doing that along side a development job here in NZ. Love gaming and love coding and always keen to learn new things / further enhance my current development skills. My play time probably isn't high enough for this and you dont really know me so there is that too but thought I would give it a shot :D any chance for some more coding / creating :)

Thanks for reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPER TERMS:

If you are a Developer for Imperial Gaming any and all content you make that goes on our server is exclusive to Imperial Gaming. If you are caught re-distributing this content to our competitors you will be barred from developing for us and COMMUNITY BANNED as a result. Your Steam ID and profile will also be blasted on forums like Facepunch as a ‘Server Content Leaker’. So before sending something make sure you check with the Head of Development first. These terms are at the discretion of the Head of Development and is a blanket statement for redistribution of Imperial Gaming’s content.

I like you and the application so, +1. Remember your application could always be updated with more information so keep an eye on the replies and your application. Community members will always point out errors in applications weather they be small or large. Good luck!

I think if anyone in the development team has some spare time to teach you a few things and get you started on some projects it would do no harm. Computer sciences is an intense disapline and the skill and dedication you have for this could easily help the server given the right time/nurturing. My advice is to become a bit more known around the community and hone your abilities of Gmod/lua scripting.

+1 from me I hope you can change people’s minds 

+1 really how much time does not effect much as he will not gain access to our console. all that matters is if he can code so once a spot opens up on the dev team i am sure Martibo i will give you a interview and you will be on your way good luck

NEUTRAL

I do think that you are indeed skilled enough to become a junior dev. But the role does give you a certain amount of power on-server and I don’t think you are well-known enough to be trusted with such a thing.

My response is subject to change if playtime is increased and you become more known.

Good Luck!

-1 More dev's are always appreciated and i dont doubt your skill but i think you'll need more time playing before being trusted with developing for the server. Get some more time and ill change it to +1 

Good luck!

Edited by Ragetank