Ramirez's Junior Developer Application

Name In-game:
Ramirez

Teamspeak Name:
Ramirez

Playtime on the server:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            image.png.7f4f64f1d6551a005bc94acb79acc294.png   

Plus 4 Weeks before the reset.

Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE):
I know LUA. I have been playing around with it. I have a somewhat basic understanding, I am a very quick learner. 

What type of content do you want to create for our server?
Whatever is needed or tasks I am given. I do have an idea, to create a menu for Event Masters which will make it much quicker and easier. It will basically be a menu that will do what binds do but much more convenient. The script I have shown below can be altered to create this menu. 

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?
I have been working on a script. It is a derma panel, which consists of six buttons. When clicked a string is sent to the server saying a colour, the server then reads the colour and will change all players to that colour, aswell as a message saying who did it and what happened. It is a basic script, but can be altered to only impact certain players, give weapons, set hp, set models, etc. 

Here is the script if anyone is interested.

Server Script: https://hastebin.com/isojaceway.php 

Client Script: https://hastebin.com/qafasiduwi.js

Added new scripts with Kumo's help. My previous ones were client side, but these are server side.

Thanks for reading!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPER TERMS:

If you are a Developer for Imperial Gaming any and all content you make that goes on our server is exclusive to Imperial Gaming. If you are caught re-distributing this content to our competitors you will be barred from developing for us and COMMUNITY BANNED as a result. Your Steam ID and profile will also be blasted on forums like Facepunch as a ‘Server Content Leaker’. So before sending something make sure you check with the Head of Development first. These terms are at the discretion of the Head of Development and is a blanket statement for redistribution of Imperial Gaming’s content.

Edited by Ramirez
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

+1, I have been around Ramirez, during his learning phase, his naturally inquisitive and picks up concepts extremely quick. I think time permitted and given the right guidance he will become quintessential to the servers development. 

I think his extremely well suited for this position and a long term dedicated member of the community.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Gregis said:

+1, I have been around Ramirez, during his learning phase, his naturally inquisitive and picks up concepts extremely quick. I think time permitted and given the right guidance he will become quintessential to the servers development. 

I think his extremely well suited for this position and a long term dedicated member of the community.

HUGE +1

Goodluck

-Rickle

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Gregis said:

+1

• Upvote 1

+1 reasons stated

4 hours ago, Gregis said:

• Upvote 1

Neutral.

P.S. Usually when people have a plain understand of GLUA they get accepted, but when they make addons it usually ends up in martibo fixing it.
P.P.S. The two scripts you have shown are actually alright, so idc, but still, I am going to complain due to the fact it just draws when Client loads, meaning everyone can just spam the buttons causing net.Send to overload and crash the server kek. (I have no idea what the point of these are xD)

8 hours ago, SuperiorJacob said:

Neutral.

P.S. Usually when people have a plain understand of GLUA they get accepted, but when they make addons it usually ends up in martibo fixing it.
P.P.S. The two scripts you have shown are actually alright, so idc, but still, I am going to complain due to the fact it just draws when Client loads, meaning everyone can just spam the buttons causing net.Send to overload and crash the server kek. (I have no idea what the point of these are xD)

I was just trying to show my knowledge. As time progresses and my skills get better, the script and its capabilities will improve.

5 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

I was just trying to show my knowledge. As time progresses and my skills get better, the script and its capabilities will improve.

I understand, no hard feelings <3 

if you make it, you will learn heaps. It was just some tips I wanted to drop.

• Like 1