Emu - HTML/CSS Developer Application (Junior Position) | Last updated: 23/09/18

Application:

Name In-game: I don't play Video Games and have not played on your Game Servers.

Teamspeak Name: Emu

Playtime on the server: Null

Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE):  Hypertext Markup Language(HTML) & Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)

What type of content do you want to create for our server? I am open to creating any content/working on content that is given to me. I can attempt to work Full Stack, but I am better suited to Front-End Coding.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about? This is a skeleton site, front-end. Hasn't been fleshed out, about 30 lines of HTML, 90 of CSS. Quite small and compact, this was just a draft up made in around an hour to showcase skills. Don't pay attention to the smaller design aspects, I'm a Website Developer not a Designer (I can dabble in designing with more time dedicated to a project).

Deviating from the stock application here, there's a few things you as an Employer of my services should know.

• I am not a 'great' or 'good' developer per say, however I am actively widening the scope of my skillset
  • I found your website while crawling through Invisionzone Sites indexed by google, and spotted the developer application section, hence, here I am!
  • I have taken the time to familiarize myself with Invisionzone Services using their 5 day free trial.
  • I am applying for this role in the hopes to increase my skillset, I hope to get experience and transferable skills from this role
  • I am open to attempting many types of projects, but if I feel that something is not within my ability I will inform you.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Gregis said:

-1, I don't actually know where to start on this...

- How can we trust you?

- Who are you?

- Not detailed answers

- No proof work is yours

- Almost seems like a copy/paste response

um. -1 I don't even know who you are? and you don't play on the server.....

Hey mate,
This application is quite fleshed out and goes into detail without making it longer than it needs to be. Unfortunately, as Gregis stated above, we simply can't trust you (Even though it is web design) enough to develop for the server, as literally no one on the server knows who you are. However, the Head Developer (Martibo) might have a change of heart, and could accept you.

Overall, your work seems nice.

Neutral/+1

7 minutes ago, Gregis said:

- How can we trust you?

Don't need to, I'm asking for projects not access to your site.

8 minutes ago, Gregis said:

- Who are you?

Guess you'll find out.

8 minutes ago, Gregis said:

- Not detailed answers

I don't like waffling.

9 minutes ago, Gregis said:

- No proof work is yours

If I were to steal work I would ensure I stole work of a much higher quality than this.

Could remake this if asked too.

10 minutes ago, Gregis said:

- Almost seems like a copy/paste response

Copy paste response to what, of what?

6 minutes ago, Rickle said:

um. -1 I don't even know who you are? 

Fair enough.

7 minutes ago, Rickle said:

you don't play on the server.....

I'm here to do Website Developing not video games.

6 minutes ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

Unfortunately, as Gregis stated above, we simply can't trust you (Even though it is web design) enough to develop for the server

Developing with an untrusted dev works a little something like this; 

Person who wants project done tells Dev > Dev works on it locally with a code editor (I use Sublime 3/Notepad ++) > Dev completes draft and sends it to Project man > Project man checks it and uses it how he wants.

There is no trust element needed, thank you for your response.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, Brass said:

Neutral

• You seem pretty good, but I'd like to see something with a bit more effort, something more fully fleshed out to see the extent of your skills.
  • Apart from that, your application seems pretty good

Just now, Emu said:

Don't need to, I'm asking for projects not access to your site.

Guess you'll find out.

I don't like waffling.

If I were to steal work I would ensure I stole work of a much higher quality than this.

Could remake this if asked too.

Copy paste response to what, of what?

Fair enough.

I'm here to do Website Developing not video games.

Developing with an untrusted dev works a little something like this; 

Person who wants project done tells Dev > Dev works on it locally with a code editor (I use Sublime 3/Notepad ++) > Dev completes draft and sends it to Project man > Project man checks it and uses it how he wants.

There is no trust element needed, thank you for your response.

You're not wrong, I suppose.
I'm completely useless when it comes to developing, so I apologize.
+1