Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eclipse

Realistic Loitering Zone

So, people are being annoying and abusing the "Loitering Line" of the Sith temple to avoid death, I want to clearly show the area in which I think is the "Loitering Zone" so people can't just go back of the medbay and continue being annoying.

https://imgur.com/a/UiH9h8B After 3 warning I will kill anyone in this zone, as the medbay is not a line for the loitering zone.

Edited by Eclipse

I disagree.

Anybody standing outside of the archway leading into the space between the entrance to the medbay and the Sith Temple could be possibly waiting on Navy business or inspecting the signs by the bridge entrance - they may have no interest in the Sith Temple. Threatening or killing people in this area would be considered overkill imo, unless they're hiding behind the wall to obviously troll or taunt.

Past that archway should be fair game though, I agree with that bit.

Just now, SCHEFF said:

I disagree.

Anybody standing outside of the archway leading into the space between the entrance to the medbay and the Sith Temple could be possibly waiting on Navy business or inspecting the signs by the bridge entrance - they may have no interest in the Sith Temple. Threatening or killing people in this area would be considered overkill imo, unless they're hiding behind the wall to obviously troll or taunt.

I understand your frustration but if you shoot someone who is standing out front of the elevators leading to the bridge you will either receive a warn or have an AOS put on yourself as that area is not controlled by the sith instead by the Chimaera Troopers. If the Chimaera does not usher anyone to leave that area troopers can stand there all they want until told otherwise. The area that RST/501st should be controlling is in front of the medbay/directly in front of the Sith temple (The 1st archway).

I've incorrectly stated my opinion the thread was made on the fly, if you enter the Medbay area then leave it just to avoid death but continue interacting with people in the sith temple I would kill you. 

53 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

I disagree.

Indeed, I would have to agree with Scheff on this. 

So, yes the hallway directly in front of the carpet is fair game for RST with warnings and killing, but like mentioned by other people anywhere infront of the navy area is controlled by navy and they get to decide the loitering rules there. Next is the way that I myself warn people for loitering. What I'm getting from your post is that people are leaving into medbay or the navy area to come back very quickly, if this is the case you are allowed to continue your warnings from the current number and if they do stay to close and don't move away/directly target that area you can AOS them or since you are RST defending temple you can kill them no matter how far away they get (at least I could when in RST). If they run to far to the point where you cant kill them then just AOS them as you have full rights to.
Also if someone goes in the medbay to escape your warnings under clearance level 3 you can aos them.
So im going to have to give this a -1 for my listed reasoning and also for how difficult it would be for new players to grasp with such an uneven warning area.

If there are people loitering outside the Medbay doors, they are fair game to give warnings for loitering, however until they reach that first archway they aren’t under sith jurisdiction and aren’t your concern. If they are taunting you verbally or through other means that is a different story, and you should aos them for disorderly conduct.

• Upvote 3

Hey, it's your boy, so pretty much I think that inside that archway, is 100% fair game, straight up, blast those fuckers away if you want, its your call as an RST and a guard, and from one guarding regiment to another, people who loiter just to be annoying need to be put down or sent away because its not fair on the guard trying to do their job. However, the only time I see your jurisdiction reaching past that archway is when someone walks up, stands in front of it and interacts with the RST and/or the Sith, if they are interacting and talking to you, you're welcome to get rid of them in my opinion, ask them to leave voice chat distance and be done with it.

Outside of that instance, outside of that archway is Chimaera territory, and I'm glad that RST and CS are so close to each other in some cases because we have some good interactions and a funny chat every so often when both regiments are bored guarding, allowing for a closer bond between players and regiments.

I like the idea of extending the jurisdiction if and ONLY if they're disrupting flow to and from the Sith temple, loitering and speaking to anyone in the Sith temple original jurisdiction directly or purposely annoying RST, and/or Royal/Shadow Guards doing their jobs in RP and protecting the Sith temple.

I can understand your frustration though. If you ever need someone to leave the area outside of the Sith Temple because they're being disruptive, ask a Chimaera Squad and we'll happily move them for you.

• Upvote 1

I've had DTs getting warned as they waited outside the door for a few seconds for myself and some other ISB operatives to leave the medbay, and I've had an operative murdered outside the medbay while conducting operations.  Perhaps the medbay needs to be in a friendlier spot, or the Sith temple carpet needs to be slightly further back - there is definitely an awkward middle area that just makes everybody involved nervous

Just to add onto my other statement. As someone who has guarded the sith temple many times, it is quite frustrating to see people just waiting outside the medbay. And I understand where you are coming from here. But that being said, I feel that anything near the bridge checkpoint should be dealt with by CS.  And people loitering outside the medbay should be dealt with by sith. I also feel like there is a misunderstanding about what the guards who are guarding the sith temple are allowed to do. (please correct me if I am wrong) That little box area outside the Temple is a no loitering zone. That includes the entrance to the medbay. Many people during my time as sith have gotten quite annoyed at me warning then for them waiting outside the medbay for a friend or something. I think that this is just a misunderstanding and that people do not properly understand the boundaries. Maybe a text screen stating more clearly that anyone standing in that area will be warned would clear up a lot of confusion. 

Jalex

Honestly to me the medbay is in a really dumb spot. Right next to the two places that will get you arrested or executed if you go into them.ed bay has been moved around so much so I don't really know where else to put it. Don't really know why it was moved in the first place. Please kos as a last result or be more vocal and ask people to get out then get shock if it gets hectic get someone to authorize Kos you will get in trouble if you kill on your own command.

17 minutes ago, Fox said:

Honestly to me the medbay is in a really dumb spot. Right next to the two places that will get you arrested or executed if you go into them.ed bay has been moved around so much so I don't really know where else to put it. Don't really know why it was moved in the first place. Please kos as a last result or be more vocal and ask people to get out then get shock if it gets hectic get someone to authorize Kos you will get in trouble if you kill on your own command.

Completely agree it should be moved away (Mabey back to its Old spot)

6 hours ago, Fox said:

^^^^

If its really becoming such a problem then you can always talk about getting the Sith Temple entrance pushed back further. This would stop the frustration from people loitering outside the Sith Temple and saying they are going to the Med Bay. On top of the pushed back entrance having a no loitering zone in front of the Temple would hopefully stop people from harassing the Sith Temple guards.

Edited by Jman1308

I agree the entrance should be pushed back further. I've had countless times where there have been several Stormtroopers outside the temple crouching just before the loitering zone which means I can't do anything. People like to get the guards to kill them outside the zone so they can scream RDM and get them warned.

2 hours ago, Jman1308 said:

If its really becoming such a problem then you can always talk about getting the Sith Temple entrance pushed back further. This would stop the frustration from people loitering outside the Sith Temple and saying they are going to the Med Bay. On top of the pushed back entrance having a no loitering zone in front of the Temple would hopefully stop people from harassing the Sith Temple guards.

Pushing back the entrance would also be good for people that for some reason still don't understand that its a no loitering zone. Having the zone pushed back will clearly define the area is seperate from the other.

2 hours ago, Jman1308 said:

I honestly think this is the best idea, that area is too congested with medicbay/bridge enterance, move it back a archway or two and I could imagine incidents we’ve seen in the past reduce significantly 

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

Outside of that instance, outside of that archway is Chimaera territory, and I'm glad that RST and CS are so close to each other in some cases because we have some good interactions and a funny chat every so often when both regiments are bored guarding, allowing for a closer bond between players and regiments.

@Bailey *stares at VF* "Just look at their heads". "I'll cut the soles of your feet off and have you walk across Tatooine." Good times indeed.

OT: I'm usually pretty lenient on those who decide to hang around the medbay as there is often a valid reason to do so. The move along warning gets them out of the way and if they refuse to they usually end up being the ones who attempt to sprint into Sith temple at full speed (Always good fun lighting up an ambitious ST).

Edited by Rivers
  • Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.