Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[IG] Tackxo

Port to S&Box?

Hey guys, this is more a question directed towards the development and management team of the server, but anyone can feel free to comment on this thread if needed.

My wonderings are that if and when S&Box comes out, will we be porting over to said game? I understand the downsides to it such as bugs, lack of players, and other porting issues but think of the possibilities seeing as it’s being built on the newer UE4 instead of the outdated source engine, such as higher player count with less lag, updated graphics, faster NetCode, overall better quality of life, o p t i m i z a t i o n for maps, larger maps, and a whole lot more.

For those who don’t know what S&Box is, it is pretty much the sequel to Garrys Mod, developed by the same people (Facepunch) with the same ideals in place, a sandbox game.

Porting over the models shouldn't be too hard, but the problem is, having a map set up, and working with the entire new game. However, in the long run, if the game does come out, at the start it'd be hard, but in the long run, would be better for the life of the server.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Porting over the models shouldn't be too hard, but the problem is, having a map set up, and working with the entire new game. However, in the long run, if the game does come out, at the start it'd be hard, but in the long run, would be better for the life of the server.

It would be a lot of work. But I think it could be something to think about.

We have already discussed this with the staff team and we have already begun preperations for us to be on there as its basically gmod on steriods. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I'd say there wouldn't be much issue with porting over, the main issue would be the playerbase. Even though most of us are probably going to be buying it the day it comes out there will undoubtedly be a large amount of people who won't be able to for whatever reason that may be.

Keen as a bean for it to come out and for the move though :P

54 minutes ago, Wolf said:

We have already discussed this with the staff team and we have already begun preperations for us to be on there as its basically gmod on steriods. 

Thanks, that’s essentially the answer I was looking for.

Edited by [IG] Tackxo

5 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

It better be cheap ?but still can’t wait 

Lets just hope they give it out free if you already own gmod

unlikely

• Like 1

Its still a long while off but when its in a playable (by playable i mean able to host a dedi with 100+ players) state it will be a god send

6 hours ago, Wolf said:

:excited::)

45 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:

trilobite said he wouldn't port his maps over, but that was months ago so who knows now

Shouldn’t be too hard to make maps now with S&box having a built in editor tool but then again that’s coming from me, someone who doesn’t develop maps so idk

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post
Sign in to follow this