Julius

Nova Skin Change

2 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

What do you mean skin? I've never seen any different coloured Nova troopers or am I just blind.

If you look in the content pack and the Nova one there is three different colours

Ok as I believe this thread has gone out of hand and in my opinion pointless I will leave you with the following statements;

1) Nova Troopers are an attack regiment within our server

2) Nova Troopers have attempted multiple times to change their load outs and have been rejected 

3) E-11Ds are for Death Troopers and Chimaera

4) If you would like to be a guarding regiment; Do not run away from Government Personel during events (NO MATTER WHAT RANK - DONT LEAVE THEM)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sudo said:

Ok as I believe this thread has gone out of hand and in my opinion pointless I will leave you with the following statements;

2) Nova Troopers have attempted multiple times to change their load outs and have been rejected 

4) If you would like to be a guarding regiment; Do not run away from Government Personel during events (NO MATTER WHAT RANK - DONT LEAVE THEM)

Sudo, read about the Nova troopers please 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sudo said:

Ok yes this is fair. I was merely suggesting the E-11D because someone else bought it up I didn't because I know that other Regiments have it. The MAIN purpose  of this post was for the skins maybe I didn't make that clear enough, the loadout was just a suggestion but the skins is the one we really want 

Look, first of all, I think the model change may be good for different classes however

I believe that the weapons are fine and maybe you just want better weapons for yourself. 

Just now, Snow said:

Look, first of all, I think the model change may be good for different classes however

I believe that the weapons are fine and maybe you just want better weapons for yourself. 

I agree 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Okay, How about we forget the weapons altogether, they were a sidenote anyways. Maybe you're right and I do just need to get use to them we will see in time. Can we direct our attention towards the skins now though

3 minutes ago, funyguy1 said:

Okay, How about we forget the weapons altogether, they were a sidenote anyways. Maybe you're right and I do just need to get use to them we will see in time. Can we direct our attention towards the skins now though

Skins are fine and the weapons need a better update, however tfa base won't get to that just yet

• Upvote 1

Hello just wanna add my two cents here

During my time as storm commandos they used to run with the wester and this gun especially to me was GOD TIER

The pinpoint accuracy followed by having no spread gave me the ability to lock down event characters plus it did solid damage same as the E-11. The se-14c can shred through health with well placed shots plus from what I can remember if you reset the accuracy after a few shots you can use it at range to. As for you guys getting E-11D's suffice to say this will not happen since as far as I know Chimaera was a special case when they received em.

• Upvote 2

Look different skin’s would look mad

but by doing this you’d be the only regiment with such a unique skin/colour sheme

this creates cause for other regiments to protest and argue for themselves to have different colours. Next thing you know the ships a rainbow

Rancor and cinder are already enough of a rainbow, we don’t need more imo 

my opinion anyway 

5 hours ago, Gregis said:

Rancor and cinder are already enough of a rainbow, we don’t need more imo 

Yes but it will only be three different people because they are a certain rank, it's not like we are all different colours. And if rancor are different colours already have people protested about them?

1 hour ago, funyguy1 said:

Yes but it will only be three different people because they are a certain rank, it's not like we are all different colours. And if rancor are different colours already have people protested about them?

No, because that is there lore models... Nova have always been fully yellow but with the option of red/white on our current models for other uses.

Edited by Sudo

1 hour ago, Sudo said:

No, because that is there lore models... Nova have always been fully yellow but with the option of red/white on our current models for other uses.

Well if we are talking about lore again than here we go, some of the regs wouldn't be here if we followed the lore exactly, for example widow squad is not in the lore (Atleast from what I found). I'm not saying we should remove it from the server I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be in the lore too be able to be put in the server. The server would probably be very boring if we followed everything by lore. Also you bought up the different coloured Rancor troopers in the lore which is true. The only problem is that Rancor are clonetroopers, there is nothing saying they converted to imperials and it actually says that they were tasked to protect kamino and oversee it's operations but when kamino was attacked by seperatists led by general grevious alot of them were killed. They are not mentioned in any relation to imperials only as clonetroopers. 

Edited by funyguy1
Argument

Honestly, this thread has become an argument/debate between like 3 people and it is ruining the overall suggestion, not to mention makes all involved look like little children.

Morning lads 

I dont think nova needs new guns, i mean it would be a change but i dont mind the load out.

Being the new CO of Nova i thought i would change some stuff up, ive been in nova since it got put at Reg Gov, i noticed there was 2 other skins that were not getting used and this is how i would use them

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hsEIFT3LscqWjxItqdWthAUkbzbxakw7zz6nmlP1nBY/edit#gid=0

it would give a new feel to the roles and seeing as though they are in the game we may aswell use them 

12 hours ago, Aphrodite said:

What do you mean skin? I've never seen any different coloured Nova troopers or am I just blind.

There is Yellow and black, and red and black. Red and black was used by the original nova when they guarded MHC.

I also  have to -1 the model change. The red model was used to attach nova to MHC, so they looked similar. (That's what the old CO told me, @Tatsumaki)

Edited by Eclipse

12 hours ago, Cryo said:

@Stevo. Get behind this please

Alright, so I'm going to sort this out right here, right now. People keep thinking that I have a say when it comes to management decisions like loadouts and what jobs a regiment can be changed to and if a regiment can have their security level changed and whatnot.

Well, sorry to disappoint you all, I don't have a say in any of that. Sure I'm in a position on the server that very few people who aren't staff have had, but I'm not a staff member and I don't have a say in any decision that is made (outside of my inclusion in the focus group earlier this year). So I'm going to use this post here to explain this to everyone who keeps asking me for shit, I can't help you and don't ask for me to "get behind stuff" as there is nothing I can do that will convince anyone to do anything in the staff team. I guess I could complain a lot like I did back in my Widow Squad days, but I've done that so much that people can see through it.

Now regardless of my point above, I don't think the Nova troopers should have their models changed. It's not going to help the regiment in any way except confuse a whole bunch of people, it's not going to get people to join the regiment, it's not going to get people to stay in the regiment and I think the fact that the acting commander hasn't made this post speaks volumes - this is a vanity thing.

Although I know this next point is going to trigger someones PTSD because I've mentioned it so many times, but I spent my early days in the Storm troopers. Those of us that stayed in the ST's stayed because we liked a part of the regiment in a time where ST's were treated like garbage and Widow Squad didn't exist. We had basic shit and we made the most of it. Nova, even in the state that it is now, is in a better spot than the ST's of old were. I think that unless the regiment is in as hot of waters as that period of the ST's you don't need anything added.

As I mentioned this seems like purely a vanity thing that doesn't do anything to the regiment, and I don't think the regiment needs it either. And if a regiment doesn't need something, they shouldn't have it added.

Edited by Stevo.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stevo. said:

As I mentioned this seems like purely a vanity thing that doesn't do anything to the regiment, and I don't think the regiment needs it either. And if a regiment doesn't need something, they shouldn't have it added.

I feel like this is one of those "these darn millenial's" moments. I see what your saying and yes it probably was a hard start for you and good on you for pushing through to get where you are now. Now for my rebuttle, first of all I'll ask you this, did the stormtroopers need widow? Most the time people leave the reg by lance corporal or below. Yes it was good to have some mature people in St. Now the only reason we posted this was because it was easy to do for admins would take no time (I assume) and we thought it would be cool to do it. Also it's already in the content pack and the whole change barely affects the community but greatly affects us, this makes leader and support roles identification easier when in battle and for just general duties. This is going to be my last post on this thread (unless asked to respond) and I'll wait for a admin to accept or deny it.

• Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, funyguy1 said:

I feel like this is one of those "these darn millenial's" moments. I see what your saying and yes it probably was a hard start for you and good on you for pushing through to get where you are now. Now for my rebuttle, first of all I'll ask you this, did the stormtroopers need widow? Most the time people leave the reg by lance corporal or below. Yes it was good to have some mature people in St. Now the only reason we posted this was because it was easy to do for admins would take no time (I assume) and we thought it would be cool to do it. Also it's already in the content pack and the whole change barely affects the community but greatly affects us, this makes leader and support roles identification easier when in battle and for just general duties. This is going to be my last post on this thread (unless asked to respond) and I'll wait for a admin to accept or deny it.

It's not a "these damn millennial's" moment, hence why I think you ignored my argument entirely and went for the widow stuff and this. You don't need the model change. What is it going to do for the regiment? Make you look more sparkly? Does the regiment not already have pauldrons to signify rank? Those are the the points I brought up in my post. 

Mentioning Widow Squad and then saying you're not responding any further highlights exactly why this is a vanity thing

And whilst we're at it (I'll entertain your lack of knowledge and stupidity here), Widow Squad was and still is needed. I don't expect you to understand since you've been on the server for five minutes compared to my almost two years, but a long time ago it was near impossible to keep anyone in the ST's, not to mention that the ST's were treated like shit and couldn't maintain a command structure for more than three seconds. The regiment has retained many people over LCPL and only about five people have been recruited over the past three months, all of which have been retained except one. I know about the numbers, I keep track as part of my constant note taking that's done on all regiments.

And even if the regiment couldn't retain numbers as you say, that's pretty much every regiment at some point. It's going to happen to your regiment at some point most likely. Probably best not to comment on it negatively now.

But once again, you know exactly you've brought up the arguments you've made, you brought them up to distract from the fact that you don't need them. It is a vanity thing and it is something you don't need.

Edited by Stevo.
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sudo said:

^^^^

Edited by Rickle

32 minutes ago, Stevo. said:

But once again, you know exactly you've brought up the arguments you've made, you brought them up to distract from the fact that you don't need them. It is a vanity thing and it is something you don't need.

Alright, I was meaning I was not going to comment anymore to keep the thread clear of spam not because I was backing down to you. Wow calm down big man with your hours, I may not know alot but I know when i'm wrong and how to take that like a man (i'm not saying you are wrong in this case). Even in this thread alone I have been wrong and I have corrected myself. So with the widow thing I was meaning that they either leave around LCPL as a normal ST or they join Widow (Yes I can press tab and look at the storm troopers). There you go you have proven me wrong that widow is needed and you have given points therefore you can have that one. Not once did I say we needed a change it was merely a suggestion and isn't that what a good community is for? Isn't everyone allowed to have input to make the community funner and enjoyable for everyone? If I wanted a dictatorship where big heads like you make every decision I would've gone to live in germany in 1939 - 1945.

• Facepalm 1
  • Downvote 5

Hmm, this thread about a regiment change has yet again down the dark and gloomy path. I won't bother writing a well-thought-out suggestion like I previously felt like doing, I'll just leave this here and solve your issue so this thread can end.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113104327

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1322160278

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865939058

Our lord and saviour @Whitey has declined/removed these addons in the past but with talk about a change within Nova having inevitably surfaced again, I reckon a bit of community feedback on using either of these model packs would prove somewhat helpful. I have a distinct feeling that this is going to be thrown into the wind and I totally agree with what @Stevo. has said above and below me, so take from this what you want.

Best of luck.

Edited by SCHEFF

1 hour ago, funyguy1 said:

Isn't everyone allowed to have input to make the community funner and enjoyable for everyone? If I wanted a dictatorship where big heads like you make every decision I would've gone to live in germany in 1939 - 1945.

Read the first post I made on this thread and read the part where I say I have no call on a management decisions. Then rethink what you have written above.

Also another thing you’re wrong about with Widow, it’s not the only choice people have in the ST’s. Something I told Widow to do about a month ago was to focus more on the ST’s and start getting some higher ups because it was an issue. First attempt to set up an ST chain of command outside of Widow ultimately failed because everyone who was in that group wanted to be in Widow, not the ST’s. We currently have four people who are SGT+ out of Widow, a few more that went inactive if you want to count them.

My problem with you isn’t that you want more for your regiment, everyone wants more, but at the same time these same people usually understand that no regiment is special on the ship. Every regiment has a job, and every regiment 99.9% of the time have the tools for it (newly created regiments usually don’t have what they need).

My problem is that you speak about things you have no idea about. My hours allow me to know the history of most regiments, and thus I have a lot of knowledge about them. You don’t really know much about Widow, yet you’re quick to claim facts about the regiment. It didn’t matter ultimately how you phrased it, you were still wrong.

I suggest you read my first post and the ask yourself whether or not you need the models. If the answer is yes, then I think you’re wrong and that’s okay to me.

This is my last post here, do what you want afterwards as this thread will be muted for me. I’ve said all I felt I needed to say.

Edited by Stevo.
  • Upvote 1