Nova Skin Change

Hello I am Lance Corporal Julius of the Nova troopers, some of this is written on behalf of my Acting Commander/Commander Jaggy. 

I am writing this suggestion for a new weapon/weapons for the Nova Regiment. I am suggesting the Dc-17m as Nova previously had this and it is very effective. 
Now why do i think we need a loadout change? Well to start of Nova has the main duties to guard Regional Government and it's personnel + we are the personal guard of Grand Moff Tarkin. Our current weapons the Westar and the SE-14(The shotgun pistol) are ineffective as they do low damage unless it is the pistol at very... very close range. We need a loadout change so we can better protect the Grand Moff (As he is quite important) and the Regional Government(Which is also quite important). 

Edit: Forget this request as I have withdrawn it just the skin on now

Now for the spiel about the Skin Change. (On behalf of Jaggy) This is mainly for @Whitey and Wolf

My commander Jaggy would like to see the Red skin for Nova be used for the heavy and support troopers of Nova (of which their currently are none but when they come around), The white Nova skin for Jaggy (Commander) and than the Gold one for everyone else. This is because the skins are already in the Nova trooper content pack so no extra downloads for the community and it makes rank/unit identification even easier for the members of Nova and everyone else (+We can look bad-ass). This is the main one I want accepted as I believe it is not that affecting to the community but would really help and please us. 

Edited by funyguy1
Priority
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, I was meaning I was not going to comment anymore to keep the thread clear of spam not because I was backing down to you. Wow calm down big man with your hours, I may not know alot but I know

Hello just wanna add my two cents here   During my time as storm commandos they used to run with the wester and this gun especially to me was GOD TIER The pinpoint accuracy followed by

Alright, so I'm going to sort this out right here, right now. People keep thinking that I have a say when it comes to management decisions like loadouts and what jobs a regiment can be changed to and

I use the SE-14C  as my main weapon, I also own the dualies and I hardly use them compared to the SE-14C.

Like pinejack said, the WESTAR and the DC-17M are very similarly balanced. Also, the DC-17M model has a quite low resolution, with the model being used from Republic Commando, which came out in 2004 I believe.

The model change idea does sound pretty cool though

They are equivalent rank Ramirez 

They also carry out missions for thrawn, so they dont just guard

Edit: Another reason could be because of their in-lore perspectives. Thrawn would have prioritised quality over quantity, while Tarkin would have done the opposite

Edited by Bevan
1 hour ago, Bevan said:

WESTAR and the DC-17M are very similarly balanced

1 hour ago, pinejack said:

damage and accuracy.

I was more thinking about the rate of fire of the DC-17M compared to westar. And what do you think of the model idea?

Well,  Chimaera was created and implemented onto the server to be the 'Naval Guards' which explains their importance and why they are so OP with the E-11D. Nova, on the other hand, is an attack regiment which applied to be a guarding regiment of Government.

Just now, Sudo said:

Well,  Chimaera was created and implemented onto the server to be the 'Naval Guards' which explains their importance and why they are so OP with the E-11D. Nova, on the other hand, is an attack regiment which applied to be a guarding regiment of Government.

Yea exactly which is why I am asking for a change because we weren 't orignally a guarding regiment and now we are of quite an important area so that's why I was suggesting a change.

Just now, Bevan said:

I don't think the server would make such a lore-unfriendly decision to change an attack regiment into a guarding regiment.

That's the thing, The nova troopers do everything pretty much, they are elite stormtroopers that have been tasked to protect important sith burial sites captured spaceships and protect important personnel so none of this goes against the lore. Yea I did my research haha

4 minutes ago, funyguy1 said:

Yea exactly which is why I am asking for a change because we weren 't orignally a guarding regiment and now we are of quite an important area so that's why I was suggesting a change.

I understand this but on several occasions, the management team let regiment guard Regional Government as a full-time role but nearly every time the regiment has either died or a new commander has come in and changed the regiment back to attack. I would also like to add the Government is a civilian-based team meaning that doesn't have a lot of power in the military besides doing their CL2/CL3 tests.

I would also like to add; Each event I am on Nova leave Government and go and attack which is the wrong move if you wanna be a 'Guarding Regiment'. Currently, on our server, your secondary role whilst being on the Star Destroyer is to guard government.

2 minutes ago, Sudo said:

Each event I am on Nova leave Government and go and attack which is the wrong move if you wanna be a 'Guarding Regiment'.

We are most likely guarding Tarkin which is our main role and Gov does come second. 

1 minute ago, funyguy1 said:

We are most likely guarding Tarkin which is our main role and Gov does come second. 

No, In events you leave all Government Personel behind including the Grand Moff which relates back to my previous comments about your regiment being an attack regiment.

13 minutes ago, Sudo said:

Chimera isn't a real regiment in any lore based starwars stuff, where as nova troopers are, however regarding the weapon change stick to the lore and before you guys go off at me the west isn5 a weapon used by nova

Just now, Cryo said:

Chimera isn't a real regiment in any lore based starwars stuff, where as nova troopers are, however regarding the weapon change stick to the lore and before you guys go off at me the west isn5 a weapon used by nova

Yes, I can agree that Chimaera are a custom regiment created by the management team but their main purpose from day 1 was to guard Navy and Thrawn,

Just now, Cryo said:

Well if we stick to lore than Nova should have a Modified E-11 so maybe E-11D. 

Look at this link for the Nova lore http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Novatrooper

2 minutes ago, Sudo said:

No, In events you leave all Government Personel behind including the Grand Moff which relates back to my previous comments about your regiment being an attack regiment.

Well if you see this again than please tell me because this is not acceptable and pull me up on it if I do it thanks.

1 minute ago, Sudo said:

Yes, I can agree that Chimaera are a custom regiment created by the management team but their main purpose from day 1 was to guard Navy and Thrawn,

Half of that is true, I just read that nova troopers are an elite version of shock troopers and they were part of the "thrawns revenge" scheme 

1 minute ago, funyguy1 said:

Well if we stick to lore than Nova should have a Modified E-11 so maybe E-11D. 

Look at this link for the Nova lore http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Novatrooper

Well if you see this again than please tell me because this is not acceptable and pull me up on it if I do it thanks.

Nup the modified e11 doesn't exist so change it to the dl-19 if possible cause it's a heavy weapon