Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SSV-Normandy-SR1

Not Feeling Great

As some of you know I’m having a holiday in Cairns for a few days, the main point of this holiday was to take a break from everything but as well it was for my step-grandfather who lost his wife a few months ago, we were looking forward to this today but unfortunately about 15 minutes or so from landing in Cairns, he died on the plane, as of now we aren’t completely sure of what happened but I’ll try to keep in the loop with everything, not going to lie this was not how I wanted to spend my holiday, having to wait at the airport for what to do about his body, the sudden shock of this has worn off but I won’t be in a good way for a while.

I’ll try to not let this impact my activity on the server or as a commander but I do have to give it time, I know you guys are good people and some can sympathise with whats happened. I’m going to try to enjoy what time I have still in Cairns but even so, it won’t feel right.

Might return sooner than expected but aside from that , everything else is an unknown, I’ll keep in contact with who I can until I get back officially.

• Sad 6
  • Upvote 3

o7 <3

I'm so sorry to hear man, it's such a terrible shock to suddenly lose a family member. It happened earlier this year and no, you won't be good for a while but in time things will get better (or more realistically, tolerable/bearable), I promise. Do what you feel is right and if that is taking a break from the server to sort things out, that is completely okay. That is what I am doing right now and I believe I am better off for it.

My condolences to you and your family.

Take as much time as you need away from the server and focus on your family. I've never lost someone in my family but I can't imagine the pain you are going through and will be going through for the coming months. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. :( 

This is super sad, I have had multiple close relatives pass with a blink of an eye and its super hard. We all wish you the best and if you ever are in need anyone in the community will be here to talk, It will take a while to get but to 100% but we are all behind you and your family. Once again, I wish you the best and hopefully, this helps you build into a bigger and better person than you were already.

o7

I wish you the best of luck during this terrible time, all of us understand that you need time to grieve. 

I have had some bad experiences with losing family members, and close ones at that. I lost my great grandma when I was only 5 to a heart attack, and my granddad died of bowel cancer.

I also hope that you have a great time in Cairns despite these very sad events.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post