Find results in...
Wimlay

Wimlay EM application - 26/8/18

Steam Name: [IG] Wimlay

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9078765

In Game Name and Rank: {W} [Support] MSGT 6754 -  'Wimlay' , XP level 42

Time Played (Server Time): 6 days, 10 hours

20180826150427_2.jpg.013b669ae33a4b36e58c98c104dc2e1d.jpg

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them): I have not had any warns or bans in my time on being on the server and I hope to continue my good behaviour in the server as to help keep my reputation good and to make the other people around me, in game, happy.

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them): I have never been on an event master on any other server, this is my first gmod star wars RP server I have done and is also the first time (begining June 21st).

Why are you applying to be an event master: I am applying to be an event master as I feel that it would increase the amount of fun I have on the server as I would be able to start to help in events and be able to include people who usually don't know what to do in these events such as if the event was zombies, I would try to include the pilots so they have something to do, (space zombies!). Not only that but since the first event I was apart, and everyone since, I have had a boatload of fun and wondered what it would be like to be part of the community that ran the events and how it would impact my time on the server, and I realise that if I did become an event master, that I would meet more people in more regiments so that I become more well known, and so that it can enrich my time on the server.

What can you bring to the event master team: The things that I bring to the event master team is serious teamwork, being that I would ask someone if they needed help and that they could always count on me. I would bring more events as I love this game at the moment and want to play it as much as I can, but IRL makes it hard sometimes, but I try my best to be on so that I can have as much fun as I can and meet more people online that are great people. An example of this is when I joined the Widow Squad, all the people there invited me and I have had a blast, hanging out with Alex and talking about the minging St's, or Corvo training me in the ways to be a  Seargent. There are a million reasons why I want to join the most forward answer is that I want to meet new people have a great time.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative: As mentioned before, I will try to include all regiments into it, for example I could have a number of merchants come onto the SD to sell items but they all request to see the heads of all regiments and then take them hostage and ask for money, etc. I would also get on when I can, make sure everyone is updated on everything and make it so the current event masters have more people to have fun with and to make our time in the server more enjoyable. To make the events more enjoyable I would try to make sure everything is running smoothly and that certain props are deleted when the event was about to start. (For one event we were about to start and then someone deleted the ship with out "loot" and so it took another ten minutes to start).

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: I have no knowledge of ulx commands but I wish to learn and I will try my best to learn these commands. I am slightly familiar with console commads such as noclip and God, and I would like to find out if these commands are similar to those I could use with the ulx commands. I hope to learn more about these codes as it could help me in the future if I want to branch out to other Gmod servers (not strictly Star wars RP) and also hope that these commands help with my learning of different programs for school.

Anything else you would like to add: I would like to add that I am a nice person and I trust people and so my includement into the event masters would give me the chance to meet more people and get to know more people around the server. With my envolvement into the team I would bring more fun and I would bring more events as I am on most weekends, for a lot of the weekend. So there would be less long breaks without events as I would start an event, whether it be rebels have found our ship , or with permission from a superior, we could go to somewhere like hoth (as we have been in the past) and see if rebels are there and if the Empire needs to do something about it. I would be very gracious if you accepted and even changed your mind on the -1's. Thank you for the opportunity to have more fun outside of school!

Please fill out both event ideas and provide much detail as possible

Event Idea 1: My first event idea would be a hide and seek, where new st's can explore. So what would happen is that I would select someone at random (not at complete random only out of those who want to be chosen) and then I would give them 1 hp, meaning that they would have to be careful. This person would also have a cloak and their 'skin' would be that off an infiltrator droid (as well as change their name to Infiltrator droid _1). I would then ask all the heads of regiments to take their troopers into the bunks to wait for the droid to hide.      (they could desguise this as a mandatory debrief ) (note: I would not personally tell them I would get possibly navy or IHC to do so). Then once hidden well enough, I would send all the troopers to "scavenge" for him/her. For the first 5 min, if no one finds him or get close I would give a hint to a random person, whether everyone else believes him is their choice. Then if in 10 min, no one is still close I would give a hint to Navy, and they could say radars picked him up in a certain area. If no one finds him in 15 min then I would spawn in a ship, change his HP to be 5000 and then send him to get off the ship. The regiment who finds him or kills him. would be given 1st place, as well as the regiments who came close would get 2nd and 3rd. (Quick note about how people don't like that it is quite OOC, the event was not meant to be IC but meant to bring the community together while they search for a goal, it was meant to build and make friendships across regiments. Although I will try to make the event more IC so that to make everyone happy.)

Event Idea 2: My second event idea would be a bit bigger, where we would go to a new planet, "unexplored"  and it can be RP'd that it is a new planet that ships have gone to but no one has come back from the planet. On the planet there would be a zombie virus but the empire has no knowledge that there are zombies. They would then move the army to a direction where a small building is, only to discover that it is crawling with zombies (note: the zombies would be hidden until then). Then the army would have to make a perimeter around the building to stop the hostile waves of zombies while IHC call for dropships to pick them up. The end would either be the zombies winning and killing all of this empire army or the empire getting away from the planet and declaring it a danger. Later note could call the Empire back to the planet as rebels are secretly working on it and the Empire has to get to them, even if there are hordes of zombies to stop them.

Agreement:
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

(Let me know in the comments below what I need to change about this and I will do it when I can, as this is my first time doing a application for a spot on a server. THANK YOU)

Edited by Wimlay
People saw it as unfit for a application.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Emerald said:

No detail in this application whatsoever.

I have no idea who you are and you have no detail in your application. 

A hide an seek event does not encourage a serious rp environment. Not much detail in this application

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

-1 not to sure who you are, try and get yourself abit more well known and add a bit more detail to your app.

Best of luck!

4 hours ago, Emerald said:

Goodluck

-Rickle.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Eclipse said:

-1 does not meet requirements and ideas are OOC or basic. 

@Eclipse The minimum requirement for EM is 3 days, you're probably thinking of the PAC3 requirements

As far as your application goes Wimlay, you're missing A LOT of detail. I'd recommend visiting the 'ACCEPTED' section of Event Master applications and use those as a sort of guide or reference for how much detail you would be expected to put into it.

-1 for now mate, unless you can fix it up

Good Luck

Edited by Helsing
Changing stance

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, Emerald said:

Agreed -1, Good luck Wimlay.

Edited by Wombatiacus

I have redone a lot of the applicaton.

Can all of those who voted have a reread as this is my first application and I wasn't how much I was meant to do, but after reading the accepted applications, I tried again. 

Thanks to all who reread.

Updating to a NEUTRAL

Much better than the original mate, however some of your answers don't make sense. Just make sure you are re-reading through your answers and making sure they all flow nicely. Try not to cram excess detail into answers where it isn't needed, or else it will just look a bit silly

Regardless, you're working in the right direction.

Good Luck!

Neutral

• I haven't seen you much in game, this is a bit of a problem for me because I'm on every day and just about know everybody who plays regularly, so if you've changed your name it would be good for you to update that in your application, if not, you definitely need to up your activity if you want to be a real contender for Event Master.
  • Your answers are answered decently, you've got some detail in it now which is good, and which thoroughly impresses me because its a bit different to other answers, which is very good and is a saving grace in regards to this application.
  • Your events lack detail and inspiration, the problem that I have with it is that they're only 5-6 lines when they should be much longer. They should make us 100% know that you want this, and that you can compete with the big boys in regards to events, because if you can't, there's no point in trying further.

My opinion is subject to change if you change what I need of you.

Good luck with your application.

I haven’t seen you in game much and your application is lacking detail.

Sorry, Good luck.