Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whitey

Imperial Gaming | Major Annoucement & Community Update | 22nd August 2018

Dear Imperial Gaming Community,

It’s been a while since I’ve addressed the community with an update on the progress of where we are at and how things are progressing. You could probably look at this as some sort of unscheduled Newsletter if you wish.

Since my last update in March, the server has continued to thrive and grow back to its population limits.

We have seen some community members and server staff depart as their interests have grown elsewhere or when real life issues have been raised. This is just a natural progression of life but I would just like to reach out here and thank each and every one of them for what they have done for this community no matter how big or small the contribution was.

But this also means that we have welcomed a lot of new people both into the community and our Staff Team, with the server now being back at close to 128 a night, the community increase in size, and my own career workload expanding I haven’t had a chance to meet many of the new members; So I would just like to say welcome and I hope you enjoy your time as a member of the Imperial Gaming Community and know that if you need to talk my door is always open.

Now for some updates….

Staff Reviews

Just to let the community know that I have recently been conducting internal reviews on all the Moderating and Admin Staff to help improve the overall experience on the server; plus give the individuals feedback on where we need to improve. The way this was conducted was that the Admin team provided feedback on the moderating team and then all staff provided feedback on the Admin & Management Team. This allows us not to only be given some positive feedback which doesn't always come with the job but allows us to see our where we can strengthen ourselves. I personally will be doing my own review in front of the Staff Team during the next Staff Meeting so they all know where I need to improve.

PAC3 Application Status

At this stage we have put capped numbers on how many PAC3 users we have on the server, this is to reduce lag experienced as well as to keep it at a manageable number. The way we do this is if you become inactive for more then 2-3 weeks without informing the PAC3 Manager (Frank) then it is removed and another suitable applicant is selected. This number is now 25 users. So don’t think we are ignoring the applications, its just simply we are at a self-imposed cap to help the overall community.

T-Mod Application Status

These applications will continue to be monitored for the near future as we are at a personal determined capacity. This doesn't mean we won't accept someone if an application comes in that shows huge unanimous support from the community but it does mean the time and process will be longer to keep a nice level. Don't let this give your hopes up If you fit the role and the community agrees we will always assess applications by a case by case basis. If you have any issues or questions feel free to contact me on the forums. Also if you are in doubts about what role you want to contribute to the server the Event Masters Team led by Welshy is always looking for keen individuals that show a talent and drive to create RP on a different scale for the server. If you believe you have got the right stuff to give the EM Team ago put in an application with as much detail as possible; I started my time on this server as an Event Master before being brought across to the Admin Team and loved every minute of it, so give it a try!

Incoming Changes:

- New Navy / ISB / Regional Government models are currently being worked on and nearing completion will hopefully be delivered some time in the near future. Male models have been finished and loaded to the server. Next will be the female models.

- A new Garrick Versio model is currently being worked on.

-New AT-DP added to the server.

- Bodygroups for Navy & ISB models automated.

Development Team:

- The Development Team is continuing to work on the AOS System and Pilot License System on the server. This is a new feature and will continue to develop as time progresses.

- The new F2 Menu is coming along nicely and has made setting regiments and users easier and clean. This is great work by Martibo, Moose & the Team

- For more updates keep on incoming ChangeLogs.

Now for the Major Announcement...

Project Stardust - DS-1 Orbital Battle Station

So for those that don’t know as per Gusky's previous post, KingPommes is currently working on a new Death Star map that brings a new level of standards for maps. Some of you may have been keeping up to date with his screenshots or youtube videos of the pure scale of this map and are building in the excitement of its release.

Screenshots - https://steamcommunity.com/id/jakobb71/screenshots

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/KingPommes223/videos

What was not known is that back in May an American Community contacted KingPommes about funding the map as a commission project with an exclusive use period of 3 months Garry's Mod wide. What this means is that no other community can use this month for this period, This is obviously a huge disappointment…

But this isn’t the end of the story, after months of discussions and meetings led by Gusky with the most recent being 4-6 Hours of discussions over 2 meetings with both communities management teams we have reached an agreement in principle with the other community and KingPommes. Imperial Gaming will partially fund the map commission and within doing so, we will receive the map 3 weeks from the delivery from KingPommes to the other server. This gives Imperial Gaming an exclusive period within the Oceania / Asia Region for a period of 2 Months & 1 week in total. This is huge for Imperial Gaming as we continue to develop new Roleplay and deliver exciting new experiences for you all to enjoy.

This Map is nearing completion and we will continue to keep you updated as always If anything changes. I would like to put a big shout out here to both Gusky on his extremely hard working and for his Restaining Order borderline harassment of KingPommes and the other community to get this deal in the works, and to Wolf for approving this deal and being key in getting the negotiations finished. Wolf continues to put the community first and is always looking for new things to deliver to you all.

And with this announcement I would like to do two things:

Project Stardust | OOC & RP Prep Team

We are currently looking for a couple of non-staff member individuals to join the OOC Project Stardust Team to help develop the framework for the Roleplay on the map. If you are interested please submit your interest here: https://goo.gl/forms/8Bry0WJqRaWC36x32

Game Giveaway

With this key announcement, I’m also going to do a giveaway of one Steam Key to Post Scriptum. All you have to do is 4 Simple Things.

1. Have [IG] at the front of your steam name.

2. Be a member of our steam group - https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ImperialGamingRP

3. Have at least 5 days current playtime on the server.

4. Put the following Sentence in a comment below - “[SteamName] - [ServerRPName] - Put me in the Draw Whitey”

The draw will close at 8 PM AEST 22nd August 2018, with the draw being conducted half an hour later.

Signed,

Your friendly neighborhood Management Team,

Wolf & Whitey.

Do we know how well optimised the Map is though? Cos everything looks really good and is really big, but does this mean it will take a big chunk of our FPS away? Has gusky made any comments about it.....

Oh and ofcourse ; [IG] Anthony ; [ISC-CAG] Anthony - Put me in the Draw  Grandad Whitey

Cant wait for REDACTED to be released, it will be a great addition for the server. 

And because why not  [IG] StaunchieBasil - 97-3 Basil - Put me in the Draw Whitey

14 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Do we know how well optimised the Map is though? Cos everything looks really good and is really big, but does this mean it will take a big chunk of our FPS away? Has gusky made any comments about it.....

Oh and ofcourse ; [IG] Anthony ; [ISC-CAG] Anthony - Put me in the Draw  Grandad Whitey

Pretty sure this was brought up but never answered.
Do you guys have an answer? @Whitey@Wolf@Guskywalker

Also, [IG] MorganTrademark - Krennic - Put me in the Draw Whitey

Edited by Morgan

2 hours ago, Whitey said:

New Navy / ISB / Regional Government models are currently being worked on

Oooh me likey :3

[IG] ♥BraSs_AU♥ - Brass - Put me in the draw Whitey

[IG] spingbab - Squadron Leader [NS-CMD] Bevan - Put me in the Draw Whitey

Edit:

Also, just to clarify, is the PAC3 users cap been reached?

Edited by Bevan

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Pretty sure this was brought up but never answered.
Do you guys have an answer? @Whitey@Wolf@Guskywalker

Also, [IG] MorganTrademark - Krennic - Put me in the Draw Whitey

The map will most likely be much more optimised in comparison to the venator, due to the general structure of the map and the small amount of large open areas. I know King Pommes has put heaps of effort into making models for practically the whole map hence why it looks the way it does.

To answer the question though, it should be very optimised, but that's no guarantee that you'll be able to get good fps when there's 128 players on with ships flying everywhere and naughty st's getting crushed by the trash compactor. (also it's gmod)

Edited by Guskywalker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

To bw advised Cyro as we get it 3 weeks later than the other community were in very very good terms with.

6 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

HOLY JESUS.

[iG] harbirbo - [NS-02] Vanilla - Put me in the Draw Whitey

You are like 21 hours late for the draw ;) 

Its exclusive till someone joins either there server or IG and downloads the map and puts it on there own server.
But King Pommes is a smart guy, he'll probs just throw a customcheck on the map and if your not the server listed itll be a black screen that says some cool stuff.
But anyone with a brain can get around that.

Edited by |Stryker|

1 hour ago, |Stryker| said:

Its exclusive till someone joins either there server or IG and downloads the map and puts it on there own server

Steam + Digital millennium copyright act + relevant Australian laws = no

Undead is in the US, so we just tell them, DMCA, and then the server has to comply. + it's super petty if they steal a custom map.

17 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Steam + Digital millennium copyright act + relevant Australian laws = no

Undead is in the US, so we just tell them, DMCA, and then the server has to comply. + it's super petty if they steal a custom map.

Not really, custom maps are usually cooler than those on the workshop, hence I am not surprised that they may want it. I mean, with the new influx of SWRP servers, (and their mutinys) I wouldn't be surprised if they dog the boys. 

I dont think it would be covered by the DMCA, as it originally has to be trademarked, however I could be wrong.

• Thinking 1

26 minutes ago, Katelyn said:

trademarked

In both Australia and the United States, intellectual property is protected under copywright laws regardless of trademark status.

US Title 17 Chapter 2 section 201 paragraph A or B

https://www.copyright.org.au/acc_prod/AsiCommon/Controls/BSA/Downloader.aspx