ShaBANG's Event Master Application

Sorry, everyone, I have taken this down because I have overlooked a lot of problems in my application. I apologize for my ignorance. Thank you for your time.

DISCLAIMER: This is an application that I have made before and was told would have been accepted, but at the time I was getting busy with things IRL and stopped playing StarWarsRP, therefore was denied a staff placement.  I quite recently started up again. I'm now fully ready to commit my time to  Imperial Gaming. Thank you for understanding :D

ShaBANG's Event Master Application

Steam Name:

ShaBANG

16 years old (17 in September)

Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly?

Yes, I always use my headset to talk, and it is high quality

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:79583765

In-game name and rank:

ShaBANG

Colonel in Storm Troopers

Personal Rank is 52

Also have Donator Rank

Time Played:

Before the reset it was 1 Week, 5 Days, 5 hours 

Why are you applying for this position?:

I am applying for the position of Event Master because I can bring some new ideas and events to the community of Imperial Gaming. I really want to make stories and campaigns, that are interesting and not drawn out. There are a lot of good events, and some nice campaigns, but a lot of them are hard to describe as intense or “epic”, not to get me wrong though, as a lot of events do carry these traits, but I do believe that I can make all of my events grab the attention of players and give them something to remember.

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us?:

Having me apart as Staff will help the you and the community, because I am not just looking to be an unenergetic member of staff. I can be fun loving and chill, but when the time is necessary, I will be serious about any important scenarios. I also am not just looking to be a forgetful Event Master, but someone who helps out wherever he can and has a good attitude towards the community.

Have you been an Event Master on previous servers? If so please list them:

No I haven’t. But I have a strong idea on how being an Event Master works

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:

I have 2 inactive warnings.

1 for pressing the Lock down button when first joining

1 for FailRP

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people?:

My events would be exciting, and I intend to make every one different, but also have them tied together, while not making it necessary to  have been in any other ones. I also want to be very energetic in my “performances” as other characters. As an actor myself, I can say that this hook people into the event, rather than them thinking it is a chore. I will also make it my top priority to make sure my events are the highest quality they can be, and also have multiple thought out paths so if something goes wrong, there is a backup plan, to make it seem like it was meant to happen. This in my eyes is crucially important, because I do not want to have to make the troopers work like a program, and be told to do every single little thing. I want the plays to feel like they have initiative in their decisions, and if they make a wrong or right choice, there is a thought out plan to keep the event going smooth.  

Anything else you would like to add:

In all seriousness, I feel like I am becoming a more trusted and loved member of the community, and I am happy to see that people are really liking my attitude.

Thank you to everyone taking the time to read this.

I really hope this works out well. xD

Two different example events that you will do if you get accepted for the position of Event Master:

Event 1 Title: JEDI INVASION/”Hide and Seek”

Rules: Onship event, intense, Half Passive (no shooting), setup: 5 - 10 minutes (no one would know though), actual event time: 25 - 30 minutes, total time: 30 - 40 minutes, no NPC’s.

Main Character(s):

Character Name: (Yet to be added)

Health: 999999 HP (Cannot be killed)

Weapon: Double Bladed Light Saber

Role: Jedi

Part 1

A Rebel X-Wing has just entered our Star Destroyer's range of detection. A feeling of dread moves throughout the ship, as the lights start to die (if possible). The X-Wing begins to move towards MH1, and we are able to identify the pilot; A Legendary Jedi (Yet to be named). Unready for battle, and emergency message has come over the voice COMMS stating: "This is not a drill. An incredibly dangerous jedi is boarding the ship. He is armed with a lightsaber. We have our defenses lowered, and we can do nothing to stop him. Our numbers don't match his ability. This is an emergency message; find a secure location on the ship, and HIDE. You can go anywhere, nowhere is off limits. Do not move unless forced out. Do NOT SHOOT. Hide until further instruction." At this point, Troops disband all formation and locate a secure hiding spot.

Part 2

The Jedi will come aboard, with enough health to survive anything. He will then brush through the ship, not checking EVERY nook and cranny, but checking the obvious hiding spots and Halls. After seemingly not showing any indication of leaving, a plan is devised for all troopers to lure him as best they can to Tie Bays, all the Sith will be waiting, “All troopers, it seems as if the Jedi is not leaving, we have a plan. All troopers, attempt to lure him to the Tie Bays, and all Sith, make your way to the Tie Bays and hide until further instruction!”  The Sith will then push the Jedi towards the Tie Bay doors, which will then be opened, and he will be pushed out into the vacuum of space. The troopers will then report to debrief, and be dispatched to look for any devices he may have left. (Other parts include troopers evacuating because they cannot correctly lure him or hide)

Summary:

This will really push players to a stressful limit, and hopefully give them fear. It is different and unique, which is why I think players will really enjoy the event.

Event 2 Title: Sneaking into a Rebel outpost

Rules: Off-ship Event, Steal mission/"Tense", Aggressive (weapons out), Setup: 15 mins (Player will be watching TV) Actual Event: 30 - 50 mins, Debrief: 5 - 15 mins, A few Rebel NPCs, mixed with a few real players.

Main Character(s):

Character Name: Juggernaut/Admiral Shah

Health: 9000 HP/ 100 HP (won't battle)

Weapon: DLT/DH-17

Role: Enemy (Rebel)/Ally (Admiral)

Part 1

After the invasion of the Jedi, the Imperials have planned a counter attack on a nearby Rebel outpost on a jungle planet. It is apparent that the Rebels will be on guard, so the objective is to not go in Rambo style, but to use stealth and be sneaky. The objective will be to surround the rebel base, and take them all out at once from the cover of the forest. Initially, killing the Rebels will be easy, however, the rebels have a secret weapon. Not only will there be X-Wing doing strafes  above,  but there will be a rebel juggernaut. Slow moving with a heavy, full auto blaster. The idea is we destroy all the rebels, have pilots dealing to the X-Wings, effectively having an Air-borne dogfight above our heads, adding to the "epicness" of the scene.

Part 2

After the Juggernaut is gone, and the X-Wings are dealt with, we will raid the base for any intel, and find schematics for a new type of mech suit the Rebels are designing. It will be taken back to base and examined by a weapons expert. Debrief will commence and the event is over.

Summary:

This will press the player's patience and discipline, as we approach the base, and surround it secretly. This idea works for a story, and newcomers. I feel as though this event has a good structure, and can lead to a bigger story.

Edit: I know this is very unnecessary, but I just wanted to add that while being an event master, I will be having a blast! I think it is so fun interacting and making things for the community, and if I get this position, it would make the experience of not just me, but everyone! Thank you again!! 

Edited by ShaBANG
  • Thinking 1

I'm not going to quote something, so pretty much. The reason I think you should wait a while is because you've only recently just come back to the Community, it is however, really awesome that you're a Colonel in the Stormtroopers as you can interact with new players regularly and see what they want in regards to events and if they're enjoying events or not, because older players always seem to have a sort of "Oh yeah, they're alright." in regards to all events because they've seen so many.

Application wise, this is written ok, your questions could be more drawn out rather than just average answers like "I want to bring something new." Ok, what new do you want to bring? Tell us. Also, your events could use a LOT more detail, you need to be prepared for every eventuality or change that players may make because they seem it fit for the Event.

Overall, I'd give this a Neutral if I was allowed, but I'm pretty sure I'm not, so for now its going to be a -1. This is subject to change in regards to whether or not you put the effort in that is required of you with these answers and events, as well as stay with the community for an elongated period of time.

I hope you take my criticism into consideration.

Best of luck.

Edited by Omo

ALSO, correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t you a 212th PFC as opposed to an ST Colonel as you have listed in your application?

EDIT 1: Another thing I would recommend getting rid of is the “I also have the donator rank” as this works against you as you are basically saying “I’ve given money to this server, give me staff”.

EDIT 2: ANOTHER thing which shows that you either don’t care, or are REALLY inactive is the fact that, according to you, your character rank is 52, the same it was over 9 months ago....

Edited by pinejack

There are so many things wrong with this application. First of all, you copied and pasted your old application, which shows how very little you care about the role.

Secondly, you didn't even post this in the right application list, this also shows how little you care about being an Event Master.

Lastly, you didn't even update the application to what your current role is.

OVERALL, I think you just wanted to copy paste something and get a quick staff role. That's now how it works, bud.

(Also @Omo you can neutral)

Edited by Bevan
50 minutes ago, Omo said:

I'm not going to quote something, so pretty much. The reason I think you should wait a while is because you've only recently just come back to the Community, it is however, really awesome that you're a Colonel in the Stormtroopers as you can interact with new players regularly and see what they want in regards to events and if they're enjoying events or not, because older players always seem to have a sort of "Oh yeah, they're alright." in regards to all events because they've seen so many.

Application wise, this is written ok, your questions could be more drawn out rather than just average answers like "I want to bring something new." Ok, what new do you want to bring? Tell us. Also, your events could use a LOT more detail, you need to be prepared for every eventuality or change that players may make because they seem it fit for the Event.

Overall, I'd give this a Neutral if I was allowed, but I'm pretty sure I'm not, so for now its going to be a -1. This is subject to change in regards to whether or not you put the effort in that is required of you with these answers and events, as well as stay with the community for an elongated period of time.

Best of luck.

7 hours ago, Emerald said:

Sorry my guy, However you've only recently joined back after a very long break, I suggest waiting a couple weeks before reapplying.

I think the posts i have quoted above are a very good summary of your application so unfortunately i will be giving you -1

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Unless my phone is screwed up this isn’t in the right section of the forums 

Oh and as @Morgan said you have posted this application in the wrong section of the forum.

76543.thumb.JPG.b8f6525b3c5fb51cc461f8a58f40f0b7.JPG

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Unless my phone is screwed up this isn’t in the right section of the forums 

8 hours ago, Emerald said:

Sorry my guy, However you've only recently joined back after a very long break, I suggest waiting a couple weeks before reapplying.

5 hours ago, zaspan said:

agreed

4 hours ago, Crunchy said:

^^^^^^^

3 hours ago, pinejack said:

2 hours ago, Ramirez said:

Says it for me

2 hours ago, Omo said:

Best of luck.

2 hours ago, pinejack said:

ALSO, correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t you a 212th PFC as opposed to an ST Colonel as you have listed in your application?

EDIT 1: Another thing I would recommend getting rid of is the “I also have the donator rank” as this works against you as you are basically saying “I’ve given money to this server, give me staff”.

EDIT 2: ANOTHER thing which shows that you either don’t care, or are REALLY inactive is the fact that, according to you, your character rank is 52, the same it was over 9 months ago....

2 hours ago, Bevan said:

There are so many things wrong with this application. First of all, you copied and pasted your old application, which shows how very little you care about the role.

Secondly, you didn't even post this in the right application list, this also shows how little you care about being an Event Master.

Lastly, you didn't even update the application to what your current role is.

OVERALL, I think you just wanted to copy paste something and get a quick staff role. That's now how it works, bud.

(Also @Omo you can neutral)

1 hour ago, Basil said:

I think the posts i have quoted above are a very good summary of your application so unfortunately i will be giving you -1

Oh and as @Morgan said you have posted this application in the wrong section of the forum.

76543.thumb.JPG.b8f6525b3c5fb51cc461f8a58f40f0b7.JPG

18 minutes ago, Pavonis said:

You are not a ST colonel. 

Just now, Jonathan said:

Thank you for all your responses. Sorry for my ignorance. Haha and it is quite embarrassing that I accidentally posted this on moderators. I'll take down try take down this post within the day because I have overlooked a lot of the problems and there is no use in wasting anyone else's time. Sorry again!

Edited by ShaBANG
  • Welshy locked this topic