Quest Suggestions

I recall Martibo saying to make a thread in OOC chat if anybody had suggestions regarding quests.

So here I am.

Before I give my suggestions, I don't know the technicalities involved with coding such things, so if they're hard to code or implement I understand.

Regimental-Specific Quests: So, a feature with quests should be that any regiment with specific abilities or equipment should be given quests that relates to said-abilities to help incorporate their talents into what they are, E.G. Perhaps SCAR can have cloaked-kills, 31st have explosive kills, Sith have Saber kills or Marauders can collect Artifacts (I recall there was a feature where people could pick up items for quests.)

Give Navy/Gov/IHC the ability to administrate quests: Now I don't know the technicalities regarding this, but we were able to implement the !book feature, so it's worth a shot. My recommendation regarding this is that Navy, Gov and IHC should have the option to give out quests for regiments, or have access to a menu that allows people to see what quests each person is doing. It'd allow a degree of IC control and allow other people to have someone to come to if they need anything. Not anything developer-wise obviously, but just a degree of control for them to utilize. Perhaps even have a custom plugin for custom missions to assign to troopers for more trusted personnel, and allow them to tick it as completed or failure and reward said regiments for their specific quest E.G. 31st is given a quest by Navy to locate and disarm any explosives on the vessel. If the Navy personnel decides they have succeeded they can mark it as a success and the regiment is rewarded.

Prestige with Quests: Another idea is that scales of what quests are given can be weighted out by some sort of Prestige meter - The more quests you do, depending on how hard they are or some other method, will give you prestige. The further your prestige is, the better access you have quests to - This method could also even be given to personnel assigning quests and let them determine an appropriate quest.

That's the only real suggestions I can think of at the time of writing, but i'll update it in future if I have any more ideas.

Edited by Supersoup
  • Thinking 2
  • Upvote 2

Wolf has already stated how the Quest system will work. Navy/Regional Government should NOT have the ability to choose quests. The only people who should are IHC/Major General+ and even then, there would be meetings between them to decide, and then forward it to Wolf. Or like Wolf has said, SELECT senior members. Also, the in-character control thing doesn't really work due to this system being OOC for the most part. And if 31st were to defuse all bombs on the ship, they would probably just got a regimental placing as reward.

Another problem is that the Regiment Specific quests idea doesn't make sense.

Sith shouldn't be killing many people as they only really kill like 2 Jedi per event, for a start. SCAR/SW also very rarely cloak.

Lastly, I think you took how this system works the wrong way. Quests wont be temporary things used in events, which is what you seemed to have put forward. They will likely last 1-2 weeks, maybe even a month.

(yes i used comic sans)

• Angry 1

Are you implying that due to how people select saberwielders during events that it means they're categorized to NOT doing such a thing? Bevan, No offense mate, but the whole POINT of introducing the regiment-specific quests is to help encourage more of the thing they're specifically meant to do. It's almost as if you didn't even read why I wanted them added.

Wasn't aware about that part though, with wolf and stuff.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Supersoup said:

Are you implying that due to how people select saberwielders during events that it means they're categorized to NOT doing such a thing? Bevan, No offense mate, but the whole POINT of introducing the regiment-specific quests is to help encourage more of the thing they're specifically meant to do. It's almost as if you didn't even read why I wanted them added.

Wasn't aware about that part though, with wolf and stuff.

What I meant in saying that, was that it's better (and less effort for Wolf, Martibo and Goliath/Proctor) to do more general quests that can be done by ALL regiments instead of individual regiments.

Also, it would be hard for certain regiments to have quests, such as Pilots, because every death in a ship is TECHNICALLY a suicide, because that's how the mod's coding works. The XP system could not work around this, and neither will the Quest System.

Edited by Bevan
  • Thinking 1
  • Whitey locked this topic