Boris

Boris's Event Master Application

Steam Name: Boris of Vodka

Steam ID:  STEAM_1:1:70324688

In Game Name and Rank:  ST Private, Boris K.

Time Played (Server Time): 1 Week, 1 Day, 9 Hours, 22 Minutes

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them):  No, I have no warns. Yes I have been permanently banned once off Imperial Gaming for Advertising and Poaching. I understand this is quite a serious offence but I am truly sorry for what I did. It was a stupid thing to do but I have changed from my former ways. I hope some of you can overlook this little bump in a long road. If anyone has inquiries about the Permanent Ban please refer to my appeal or do not hesitate to contact me. Once again I do apologise for my actions

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them):

Empire Gaming - Trial Event Master - Resigned: Server Status - Active

Why are you applying to be an event master: I would like to bring some new flair to the events on the server with new ideas, new way of thinking and a way of including all regiments on the server. Whether this be through Passive RP or Active RP, I'm a firm believer that every regiment deserves a spotlight in an event. I would also like to become an Event Master so I can keep the server a bit more fresh and active. I know the server is quite active but I'd like a bit of a change from the standard Rebel Attack on our Star Destroyer. I believe my events are quite fresh and will give people something different during events. I also believe that in events certain regiments aren't given enough to do, which I understand as a former Event Master is a bit challenging to do, yet I know as the Event Masters are a team and a team supports it's members endeavours. In an Event you may pull away S.C.A.R to go on a smaller off the side mission away from the main force organised by another E.M, I believe these little changes and much more can help make the events more enjoyable and higher quality and that is my only mission. To make Events that are above and beyond while keeping it quite realistic

I'm also applying for Event Master due to me wanting to give back to the community which has given me so much. A bit of background about that is Imperial Gaming has given me some of the greatest online friends I could ever have. Some of which really do feel like I've known them for ages. I would like to give back to the community and serve it proudly. Yes I've had my ups and downs but everyone does, I believe if I was accepted into the Event Master Team I could bring some former experience (Not as much as others) and other skills. I am still creating more events day by day this includes a new Passive Event that I've been thinking of doing for a while but could never figure out how it could work until now. I hope you enjoy reading my events and I hope I can meet all of you in game. 

What can you bring to the event master team: I can bring some former experience as an Event Master, yes I understand this may have only been a trial period but I learnt a lot from certain Event Masters. As a stated previously I believe I could change up Events, introduce twists for people and give regiment specific missions and make a smaller event out of an event for that regiment. I want people to be able to come to Imperial Gaming and know that a great event is happening. I believe I have a lot of ideas that the EM Team would like from Passive Events to full out assault events. Like I said in my previous statement if I was to be accepted and even if I am not, is that my main goal is to improve peoples experiences whether that be talking to them or running an event. I believe my personality and ideas will fit perfectly within the E.M Team

I can also bring other than former experience my own real life experience. Most of my events are based off objects or scenes that I see in real life. For Example after my trip to the snow I came back to [REDACTED] and did a weeks worth of  snow related events due to many of the things I saw I believed could be made into events. As being an immigrant to Australia I understand many perspectives of peoples life and in turn their events, like the thought of the event and it's background. (I can also speak Russian, Surprised it came into use on the server once)

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative: I believe I can shine a new light on events, by making them more regiment specific and treating defeats as a major loss for the Empire. Most event masters make sure we win and give the troopers and easy fight. I don't believe we should be doing that due to it's never fun to always win. I believe that Event Characters even though they are there for the community I believe that they should be given a chance to win the battle and give an actual challenge to the players. In my events, I hope to convey that. Most of my events aren't lore related (I guess you guessed that) but most events are like that. I don't like using Lore Characters, due to the fact that it's just boring. I always like keeping people on their toes and never want people to be bored, yet I have learnt you can never please everyone. So before my events, I would plan 2 Events. One Aggressive Event and One Passive Event. I would do a poll and let the community vote so if they vote for a Passive Event everything is ready and vice versa. I believe my biggest skill is my planning and coordination which is critical when being an Event Master from past experience 

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: Yes I have quite an in-depth knowledge of the ULX Commands everything from !hp [InsertName] [Health] to !model, !god, !give [Insert Weapon] [Name] and many more which I have gained throughout my time as an Event Master on different communities. 

Anything else you would like to add: I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to apply and I hope to see most of you around the ship

Please fill out both event ideas and provide much detail as possible

Event Idea 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mJ01a6W4MN3350B2t002ortABvwGuKQzTtl27R6ZFaQ/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EZ0DSAtf6ka8-SxI_lCDm855ZHjEU9OIdrS7oDY4FW8/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xvrFhHQe1o4gPyfjdLXaIArsy5mZnCkxwMCJPXjco7A/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 4:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XHLz7e1lBHIDtrDFIc3XgFASwE2DWeyAMM6CWW5GQuk/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 5: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lS8HK3hY99Izl-C4Fk-Xrc_g0Pgcu7r95mnEo93aWJo/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 6: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w3IrzpnksFHXYzmdNFSl8Y4_hQROL2hAq70EgNO5k8Y/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 7: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Xw4W2Ej6EUP3VuyOFU_RSCr0lQa3QwjVc0mhnfYiSY/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Boris

Hi @Boris, I am afraid that I am going to have to oppose (-1) this Event Master application. My reasons for this are as follows:

- while 3 days is the mandated minimum time, there is a "soft" requirement for over one week playtime, as this denotes that you are loyal to the server and have a sound understanding of how everything works.

- Despite your apology, you still were permabanned from Inperial Gaming for advertising and poaching, an offence that normally warrants a community ban. This means that you need to show that you are now particularly trustworthy and able to remain loyal to IG, especially since you poached to that server.

- Your answers, while comprehensive, all essentially say the same thing, that you want to focus on engaging all regiments individually. While this would be the perfect case, it is in actuality, near impossible to do with two to three event masters, let alone one. This point may be rendered mute if you can demonstrate an effective way to engage all regiments in a creative and individual way with a very small amount of event masters.

- Your first event is a "recover data/cargo/people" event, a very simple event that has been done multiple times.

- your second idea is a, "we have lost contact"-and get ambushed event, again a common theme. Your idea for a one-life segment, while good in the Tory has never ended well all of the many times it has been tried.

P.S

on phone, will edit later

Edited by Goliath

@Goliath Thank you for your response. I understand you may believe my events may be a bit basic but they each have their own unique features to set them apart from the events which are done time and time again. I understand the concern with my ban and yes I understand that. Yet I am no god and cannot change the past and have tried to make sure my future on IG is a trouble free one. Yet again, Thank you for your response. 

12 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Hi @Boris, I am afraid that I am going to have to oppose (-1) this Event Master application. My reasons for this are as follows:

- while 3 days is the mandated minimum time, there is a "soft" requirement for over one week playtime, as this denotes that you are loyal to the server and have a sound understanding of how everything works.

- Despite your apology, you still were permabanned from Inperial Gaming for advertising and poaching, an offence that normally warrants a community ban. This means that you need to show that you are now particularly trustworthy and able to remain loyal to IG, especially since you poached to that server.

- Your answers, while comprehensive, all essentially say the same thing, that you want to focus on engaging all regiments individually. While this would be the perfect case, it is in actuality, near impossible to do with two to three event masters, let alone one. This point may be rendered mute if you can demonstrate an effective way to engage all regiments in a creative and individual way with a very small amount of event masters.

- Your first event is a "recover data/cargo/people" event, a very simple event that has been done multiple times.

- your second idea is a, "we have lost contact"-and get ambushed event, again a common theme. Your idea for a one-life segment, while good in the Tory has never ended well all of the many times it has been tried.

P.S

I agree with Goliath, However I will be giving you a Neutral.

+1 Boris is a very good person know him from places, Never seen him abuse his power on [REDACTED] and about the ban everyone has done something stupid, To hold a person on a mistake that they were forgiven on and Unbanned is Not what i do 

BTW Boris its Veles

+1. Boris is cool. However, your rp sometimes turns sour when someone opposes your decisions and anything goes wrong (from a couple of examples I have seen on ....) however. I have not had much contact with you on this server, other than the odd 'hey' or 'hi', so that's why the +1 is here.

Tldr: good kid, good events, okay temper

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

/me reads Boris’s note mhm....

yes I can translate this very well and I think you should get a +1 I have never had a bad experience with you however sometimes you can be a bit sour like Katelyn said when someone doesn’t go your way but good luck

P.S that /me is a inside joke for anyone wondering

On 8/15/2018 at 10:09 AM, Goliath said:

P.S

P.S

Sorry but i will be giving a Neutral for the time being until i see you more around the ISD. 

Best of luck.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Goliath said:

I agree with Goliath here, but I'm going to sit on a NEUTRAL as I watch you continue to prove your loyalty to the community. I feel that you could add more detail to your events to really back up your 'Include every regiment' claim, which we as EM's generally always try to do, but the harsh reality always proves how easily a few EC's or troopers can throw that off without trying to.

Good Luck!

Hi Boris, I'm glad to see you applying for Trial EM. I'm going to have to give Neutral for now however, I AM leaning towards +1 though!

For one, the Roleplay I've seen you conduct really hasn't been... serious. From the interactions I've had with you, you roleplayed a KX Droid that did nothing but gruesomely maim people, and while I can understand the fun appeal to that, the amount of brutality you applied in that character just seemed... unnessecarily gruesome. Not to mention I've had previous interaction with you prior that hasn't been too great. Another example was when you barged infront of 442nd and then proceeded to assault the person manning logistics - TWICE. While it's a good joke and all, I can't help but feel like this'll start to reflect in how you preform in events and eventually put any sense of stakes or conflict in favour of doing silly things.

Event ideas are good however, and i'd like to see them put into action - For now however, I'd like to see you participate in more serious actions.

The rest of the application is coherantly designed though aswell.

Hello @Supersoup

Thank you for your reply on my application. I understand your concerns but while I served as an Event Master on the other community I have always and always keep my OOC memes out of the events. I understand the concern about the 442nd Lieutenant and the Logistics Officer but as some people know I love my jokes. This doesn't mean I can't be serious in character as I believe everyone has to have a joke once in a while. I thank you for complimenting my events and I hope to improve further interactions with you ingame

Thank You!

Boris

• Upvote 1

Sorry but it's a -1 from me, I've seen you be very immature around the ship and i don't believe you would be a good EM from the points above ^^

+1

I have not been around the community for a long time. However, I would like to add that from my experience with Boris, I know he will be a capable EM as I trusted him for a very long time and I'm sure he will not let anyone down.

As for the permaban, I was in contact with him at the time and personally, I don't think it was the fairest. I don't want to go into to much detail, however, well Boris didn't handle the situation as well as he could have I don't think the previous ban should be taken into as much consideration.