Steam Details

Steam Name: [IG] ♥BraSs_AU♥

Steam ID: 76561198063277755

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/BraSs_AU/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Brass

In Game Rank: Warrant Officer I

In Game Regiment: Storm Commandos

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 2 weeks, 1 Day, 12 hours and 27 minutes as of 13/8/18. 

xbWxpVh.jpg

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No, I have not.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): I was given a Permanent ban from the server on 10/6/2018 by Whitey for using exploits on the server. My ban appeal was accepted and my ban was reduced to 1 week, in which I promised that I would follow server rules at all times. Since my ban, I have not broken any server rules, been given any warnings, or had any negative interactions with staff. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them):

• Admin on DefconNations PoliceRP (Formerly "MethRP")

• Senior Admin on ACA Gaming

• Co-Owner on Midnight-Wolf Gaming

• Senior Admin on Synergy Gaming

• Admin on FiveLife Gaming

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server: I believe that the main purpose of a server Moderator is to represent the community to others in a positive and a professional manner, playing as a role-model of sorts to everybody on how to act on the server. Though that is an important part of a Moderators job, most of their time is spent protecting other players roleplay experience in a more hands-on way. Specifically, enforcing server rules by making sure everybody is aware of the server rules and follows them. And punishing those who decide to disobey server rules or who just purposely attempt to ruin the roleplay experience of others.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator: I would like to apply for a position as a Moderator as I love and value Imperial Gaming and its playerbase. I value the roleplay that others create and hope to help protect that experience that Imperial Gaming promises to give to everybody. During my past few months on the server, I have met many amazing people and roleplayers who love to roleplay and I hope that I can help enhance that roleplay experience for everybody.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team: I believe I can bring a different perspective to the staff team. I see myself to be an understanding, friendly and approachable person. I am a dedicated community member, being online almost every day and always I act in a friendly and professional matter. I believe that my past experience on other servers will assist me with any situations or issues that arise.  I firmly believe that my dedication to all work I am given would help myself and others within the community, whether it is explaining the rules to a new player, or handing out the correct punishment to rule breakers, I always try to do my best.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?: I would gather screenshot evidence of the kill logs on the console, saving them to my computer for if they are needed at a later date as evidence. I would then ask all of the victims about what happened, and whether they felt it was RDM or that the kills were justified. After this, I would collect the perpetrators SteamID and (depending on what the victims said, and my own thoughts) warn the perpetrator for “DC to avoid punishment | RDM x ?”

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?: Upon receiving the information about the said bully, I would collect the victim's story and note down points about it. I would then check to make sure that he is not occupied (Training, etc.). If he is available, I would teleport him to somewhere private (Back of SD, etc.). I would talk to him about his side of the story (Using my notes from earlier), why he was doing it and if there is any way we can help him to feel more comfortable, etc. If he seems to want to just minge, or just doesn’t understand the severity of his actions, I would explain to him that bullying is in NO way accepted on the server and is a VERY server offense. After this I would warn him for “Bullying of another community member x ?” and return him. Depending on the situation, I would then spectate him periodically for some time to make sure he is not continuing his actions.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?: I would start recording everything possible about the situation. At this time I would likely confront the higher ranking staff member about the abuse, and ask them to stop. If they do not, I would contact another staff member on teamspeak to start recording the situation as well, as a sort of 2nd perspective.  After this I would contact a higher ranking staff member (Most likely SA+) and explain the situation and ask them to confront the abuser while providing all of the evidence I had collected.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: I would explain to the user that making DDOS threats is an EXTREMELY severe offense. I would then check the user’s previous warns and kicks/bans to see if they have previously broken server rules. Depending on their previous warns, etc. I would warn them for “DDOS threat x ?”. I would then proceed to contact another member of staff, inform them of the situation, and ask them to keep an eye out for the offender and any  other minging, threats, etc.

Terms

I, Brass accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Brass
Updated Playtime.
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1 Never had a problem with this person. I like the application and playtime.

Ehhhhhh

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1 Never had a problem with this person. I like the application and playtime.

• Like 1

HUGE +1

Brass where do I begin...

-Active, Mature, Friendly, Great Roleplayer, Extremely detailed application and most of all I always see you helping people out on the server.

You 100% deserve T- Mod.

Goodluck

-Rickle.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rickle said:

HUGE +1

-Active, Mature, Friendly, Great Roleplayer, Extremely detailed application and most of all I always see you helping people out on the server.

You 100% deserve T- Mod.

Goodluck

-Rickle.

+1

Brass would make a great Trial Moderator.

57 minutes ago, Rickle said:

HUGE +1

You 100% deserve T- Mod.

Goodluck

-Rickle.

Couldn't possibly give a FATTER +1, good lad <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickle said:

HUGE +1

You 100% deserve T- Mod.

Goodluck

-Rickle.

+1 100% agree with this

• Like 1

-1  Received a ban relatively recently for hacking. I strongly believe that this does not display the needed qualities to be a player let alone a staff member on our server.

• Thinking 2
  • Upvote 6

Neutral, your ban concerns me a bit. Maybe you have changed but at this moment I cannot say anything.

Good luck, 

Pav

3 hours ago, Rickle said:

HUGE +1

You 100% deserve T- Mod.

Goodluck

You are always down to chat big thicc phat +1 from me

Edited by Smoke

3 hours ago, Pablo said:

-1  Received a ban relatively recently for hacking. I strongly believe that this does not display the needed qualities to be a player let alone a staff member on our server.

This does not sit well with me either, however, you have improved since then obviously. But, hacking is a very serious offense and in my opinion, you should wait a little longer. 

Edited by Pluto

Brass has been nothing if not helpful. He always seems to care about this community and has actively participated in making things easier for others. For example rewriting/learning  scripts for outdated spreadsheets within government (even though he doesn't need to). Although his previous ban has put him some bad light in the past I believe this should be more of a footnote. Ever since then I don't believe anyone has reported issues with Brass. His attachment to the server, to his peers, and his understanding of the duties of a moderator, is (I believe)  proof enough that he would make a great trial mod .

+1

Kelly boi

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pablo said:

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Rickle said:

HUGE +1

You 100% deserve T- Mod.

Goodluck

-Rickle.

Gotta agree with Rickle here, Brass is an awesome bloke who is great to be around. He is always keen to help out and would do well with the role of T-Mod. It's a  +1 from me.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crisp said:

Brass has been nothing if not helpful. He always seems to care about this community and has actively participated in making things easier for others. For example rewriting/learning  scripts for outdated spreadsheets within government (even though he doesn't need to). Although his previous ban has put him some bad light in the past I believe this should be more of a footnote. Ever since then I don't believe anyone has reported issues with Brass. His attachment to the server, to his peers, and his understanding of the duties of a moderator, is (I believe)  proof enough that he would make a great trial mod .

+1

Kelly boi

+1 for Big Boi Brass

19 hours ago, Rickle said:

HUGE +1

You 100% deserve T- Mod.

Goodluck

-Rickle.

Agreed MASSIVE +1 I love Brass and think he would be a great asset!

18 hours ago, Pablo said:

14 hours ago, Pluto said:

This does not sit well with me either, however, you have improved since then obviously. But, hacking is a very serious offense and in my opinion, you should wait a little longer. 

Agreed. You seem like a good guy in-game but you were using cheats/exploits my guy.

• Upvote 1

After Reading this Application:
From what I've seen he is a great role-player and friendly guy
I have seen him help people out and make them feel Comfortable

Application could be more detailed (my opinion)

Overall I think he would make a great T-Mod, and Best of Luck Brass

+1

• Like 1

Thank you to everybody for your replies and opinions. It honestly makes my day to read all of your support. ?

--------------------------------------------------------

@Pablo, @Pavonis, @Pluto, @Fish@Morgan

I'd like to thank you specifically for your responses and opinions. All be it negative or neutral responses, I respect your views and am thankful that you have taken your time to reply and point out my errors and give your criticism.

Everybody feel free to read inside the spoiler to see my full story of the ban and my time since.

Spoiler

To give some more backstory on my ban, I joined the server on 6/6/18 and thoroughly loved it. Though I acted irresponsibly and inappropriately and decided to use cheats on the server for my own advantage. I was banned 2 days later on the 8th by Whitey at around 10 pm after I was confronted about the cheating. I stayed up late that night, thinking over my actions and regretting everything I had done. The next day I posted my ban appeal, and to my surprise, people started replying positively. I felt like I had a chance to redeem myself and join back to the server. After around 2 days of my appeal being up, I participated in the ARMA 3 beta operation with Wolf, Martibo, and some others. Wolf confronted me before I was able to attend and asked why I should be able to participate, I replied by stating that I acting stupidly, that I regretted my actions, and that I was only wishing for a way to prove and redeem myself. After the operation, my ban was reduced to 1 week at Wolf & Martibo's discretion.

My ban was lifted on the 17th of June at 10:50 pm, where I joined back and started on my way to prove myself to the player base that I deserved to be unbanned and deserved to be apart of the server. Ever since then I have been on almost every day, working hard to earn back the community's trust. I have taken the time to even learn how to effectively create and fix Google Spreadsheet formulas to assist others, mostly being the 501st Legion and managing their roster, but also assisting Chief of Staff Kelly to update and improve the Regional Government spreadsheets. I have worked hard to improve my relations with the staff team and earn back the trust that I have lost.

All I ask is that I now once again, be given a chance to redeem myself after the irresponsible actions that I once committed. 

Thank you for reading, I hope that this sheds a new light on my actions and hope that I can be given another chance.

Best Regards,

Brass.

Edited by Brass
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Brass is a very mature, friendly and active person around the server and the community, even though he was brought up on cheating has since then changed his ways and made himself a valued member of the 501st Legion and the community itself.

Even with a ban on record, I think everyone deserves a fair chance and considering his actions up until this point have been spotless, I honestly think Brass should be given the opportunity to be a Trial Mod.

For these reasons, i'm giving you a +1

Good luck!

• Like 1

+1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Friendly to both staff and players alike
  • Really well-done application
  • Appears to thoroughly think through potential staff situations

GOOD LUCK!

• Like 1