Sign in to follow this  
Bailey

Advanced Duplicator 2

Heyo, I know this has probably been suggested before now, but I think a good addition to the server is Advanced Duplicator 2, which allows people to build in Singleplayer and bring into the server, allowing for a larger and wider variety of dupes to be on the server, as well as to be able to bring dupes from other places and ideas, currently the only way to do that is by giving the file to someone with access to the box and getting them to upload it to the public folder.

I think that Advanced Duplicator 2 would bring a higher quality level of dupes to the server as more time is able to be spent on them without disturbing or taking up space on the Star Destroyer.

Some examples of dupes I could personally bring to the server are in the various gyazo's below.

Pretty Basic Climb Swep Course - https://gyazo.com/eef507be2d752f8c3845fc98ca815bfe

Small Reactor (For Events) - https://gyazo.com/3eb9daba2b511562782f31c24f4501b3

Medical Training - https://gyazo.com/ecd02bea5df2ffae9ffa0bf6bb613c54

Illum Dupe (Mainly for Jedi, not Sith, but for example anyway) - https://gyazo.com/4e0244d777aef9dbdb87ee9f0825b4ec

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773402917

Thought I'd just bring it up because I think its a really good idea in order to improve the quality of the dupes on the server, and make it easier for the influx of new ideas when it comes to training and to make life easier for Commander's building dupes.

+1

Have used Adv Dupe 2 on multiple servers with Omo and Can say that this addon is very handy especially for creating big dupes because as Omo said, You can do it in Single player, without the worry of people interrupting and or ruining your dupe building. One downside to this may be the size of dupes in which people will build and then transport onto the server and may cause it to lag, But I feel that if restrictions were put in place this Addon could be a good addition to the server.

One of the reasons the dupe addon we have on the server is the one it is, is due to the fact that things you spawn on the server, have to have been made on the server which limits the amount of potential loopholes people can use to bypass certain restrictions.

4 minutes ago, pinejack said:

One of the reasons the dupe addon we have on the server is the one it is, is due to the fact that things you spawn on the server, have to have been made on the server which limits the amount of potential loopholes people can use to bypass certain restrictions.

Advanced Duplicator 2 can be restricted pretty easily in my experience, it doesn't spawn blacklisted props etc., and if you spawn something that isn't on the server it just doesn't spawn in.

As well as, people who would be given access to tools would surely be trusted members of the community anyhow?

Just thought I'd point out if I debate over this, it's not meant to be seen in a negative light, just trying to get my point across, sorry if it seems somewhat aggressive in some cases.

Im pretty sure theres a good reason to do with optimization and performance benefits as to why we don't use this, same reason you can't upload files with advdupe.

Edited by Kumo

+1 

I think adding this to the server will greatly help with what i have seen on other servers from this add on. As Omo said it could bring higher quality dupes as you can transfer dupes from single player to multiplayer with ease using Advanced Duplicator 2.

That is the exact reason we don’t have it. Because you can spawn dupes from single player, it can be very easily exploited and cause massive drama.

Now it’s easy to say that people with tools are trusted but trust can be abused. We also already had it on the server about a year and a half ago but it was quickly removed after it was abused.

Ok, I do remember it being on the server and it was removed as whitey said... However, there was (and is) a server that Omo, pinejack and myself (and a lot of others) used to play, that being (wait for the advertisement) Poseidon CWRP from back in 2015-2016. On there, ADV Dupe 2 was on the server and everyone above the rank of 2LT was automatically given tools as a part of their loadout. I will just say, adv dupe 2 was never abused to the extent that people are making it out as. 

People who abuse it once: Banned temp from using tools.

People who abuse it twice: Banned perm from using tools (Can Appeal) and Temp banned from server.

Easy Fix

Also can restrict *Certain* aspects of the addon to certain users.

CAN also be restricted to staff or make like a Trusted Builder rank that have access to it and people can apply for..?

+1

Edited by Mauler
  • Upvote 1

Going off of what I said before, an example of the "abuse" that could be caused by it that did actually happen on the server when we used to have Advanced Dupe 2, was a certain individual spawning in a house in MH2 that was upwards of 300 props, which basically froze the server for about 10 minutes.