Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/alexjerta

In Game Details

In Game Name: Jerta

In Game Rank:

Post wipe: Master Sergeant

Before wipe: ST/MT Brigadier

In Game Regiment: Storm Troopers

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence):

Post wipe: Currently at 5 hours (I have a week off, so I plan to be very active, this will increase very quickly)

Before wipe: Around 2 months playtime

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): I have no warns

Have you had any bans (If so state them): I have no bans

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them):

Imperial Gaming (Moderator)

Voltage Gaming (Admiral/Community Manager)

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?

The purpose of a Moderator is to assist the player base with whatever concerns they may have while playing on the server. To enforce the server rules and regulations and be a community representative.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?

A bit of background first… I have been a member of the Imperial Gaming community for about 8 months. I was previously a Moderator but resigned due to personal issues I was having at the time (Preparing for my schedule to go haywire because I was finishing my bachelor’s degree & starting my next degree shortly after) I couldn’t dedicate the time needed of me, so the best course of action was for me to resign. Now that my schedule has cleared up and I have more free time on my hands I’ve decided to return to Garry’s Mod and continue playing on Imperial Gaming! I’m applying again to hopefully continue to provide service to the community and give my knowledge and dedication to assist the staff team in making the gameplay of everyone on the server the best it can be.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?

I’m always available to help anyone who is requesting, they will be greeted with my friendly personality and a positive outlook. This makes me very approachable with any concerns the players might have. When dealing with situations I’m able to stay calm and provide an unbiased decision with every situation I undertake.

Previous Application:

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?

Check the server kill/damage logs for the offender, apply an offline warn to their profile & ban them for a suitable amount of time, depending on how much damage they caused.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?

Talk to the victim and get an understanding of the situation and how it has been happening. I would then talk to the offender and explain to him the situation and how bullying is not tolerated on this server and provide a verbal warning, I would then suggest an apology be made to the victim. If the offender continues then further punishment will be applied to their account.

You see a higher-ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

Make sure a recording program is active, to show the staff member abusing. Also report this issue through the proper channels to a Senior Admin or Whitey/ Wolf. Make sure the evidence recording is provided in the report.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?

I would apply a note to their profile and permanently ban them from the server. This situation will also be reported through the proper channels to Wolf/Whitey as this could threaten server security.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Jerta

I Know you Jerta, your a good guy and you know what your doing. Unfortunately, the wipe was back in May, and you only have 5 new hours since then?

Sorry, No. We don't know if you will be officially active or not. I'm willing to change to a +1 if you are more active.

Also, could be more detail.

Edited by Fox
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Pavonis said:

-Literally, you came back some hours ago. You need to prove that you are back and ready for this position.

1 hour ago, Jerta said:

A bit of background first… I have been a member of the Imperial Gaming community for about 8 months. I was previously a Moderator but resigned due to personal issues I was having at the time (Preparing for my schedule to go haywire because I was finishing my bachelor’s degree & starting my next degree shortly after) I couldn’t dedicate the time needed of me, so the best course of action was for me to resign. 

I understand I have just returned and yes the server has wiped, but I had around 2 months of playtime before I had to step down due to the above reasons. I understand I need to prove I will be active, which I have made a pledge to be active again. Anyone who knew me from before knows my word is word. @Fox @Maffa146 @pinejack @Pavonis

I would've loved to stay as staff and continued to be an active member of the staff team. End of semester exams combined with preparing for my seccond degree made that impossible.

Edited by Jerta
1 hour ago, Fox said:

I Know you Jerta, your a good guy and you know what your doing. Unfortunately, the wipe was back in May, and you only have 5 new hours since then?

Sorry, No. We don't know if you will be officially active or not. I'm willing to change to a +1 if you are more active.

-1 , You should have a minimum of 1 week gametime, also the wipe was months ago and you only have 5 hours. No hard feelings.

-Rickle

3 hours ago, Fox said:

2 hours ago, Jerta said:

I understand I have just returned and yes the server has wiped, but I had around 2 months of playtime before I had to step down due to the above reasons. I understand I need to prove I will be active, which I have made a pledge to be active again. Anyone who knew me from before knows my word is word. @Fox @Maffa146 @pinejack @Pavonis

I would've loved to stay as staff and continued to be an active member of the staff team. End of semester exams combined with preparing for my seccond degree made that impossible.

Jerta I know you and how good of a mod you were. But I feel that this decision of yours was too rushed. Get some time in game and earn everyone’s trust back and apply again.

4 hours ago, Pavonis said:

-Literally, you came back some hours ago. You need to prove that you are back and ready for this position.

1 hour ago, Pavonis said:

Jerta I know you and how good of a mod you were. But I feel that this decision of yours was too rushed. Get some time in game and earn everyone’s trust back and apply again.

Agreed, you have just come back so maybe in a weeks time when everyone/most people know who you are apply again, -1

Thanks,

ANiX

Neutral

Before I start, I'd like to say that I hope you completed your courses and did well in achieving your bachelor's degree.

As others have said, you have just returned from a long break and have a very low playtime for somebody who is applying for T-MOD. But I do understand your reasons for leaving and being inactive; Life should always come first over video games, no matter what. So I respect that you left your position to do just that, and spend the time to get your life in order and set yourself on the right track.

In the end, I respect that you have previously been a trusted staff member for this community and would love to see you return. I happily will change to a +1 if I see you around a bit more as well as you keep your playtime up-to-date on this application.

Good Luck ✌️