Sign in to follow this  
BoyoMcgee

My wifi won’t work for my pc

Right-click the yellow hazard sign in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen and click troubleshoot problems.

• Upvote 1

If you have a Wifi Card in your computer then it has to have Drivers - Computer 101

@BoyoMcgee

It may be that your computer hasn’t not been assigned an IP by your router, considering everybody else can connect except you. It’s happened to me before.

try using the “ipconfig” command in your windows CMD console and look for IPv4. If nothing shows up, type “ipconfig /release”

then do “ipconfig /renew”

that worked for my issues, hope it helps.

Edited by Brass
Just realised this probably wouldn’t work since you can’t connect at all. Feel free to try it though
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brass said:

@BoyoMcgee

It may be that your computer hasn’t not been assigned an IP by your router, considering everybody else can connect except you. It’s happened to me before.

try using the “ipconfig” command in your windows CMD console and look for IPv4. If nothing shows up, type “ipconfig /release”

then do “ipconfig /renew”

that worked for my issues, hope it helps.

3 hours ago, Keta said:

3 hours ago, Whitey said:

If you have a Wifi Card in your computer then it has to have Drivers - Computer 101

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

Right-click the yellow hazard sign in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen and click troubleshoot problems.

5 hours ago, Long_Night_of_Solace said:

Do you have a Wi-fi card in your computer or a Wi-fi USB receiver?

thank you for you guys taking some time out of your day and Pablo spending atleast an hour with me on discord trying to help "I guess its one of those things the computer will fix itself" - Pablo 

• Upvote 1