Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morgan

Waypoint system

So I've mentioned this in the past to my fellow peers but I never actually went into detail with it, but after an event that Pinejack ran yesterday, I decided to make a post about it. What I'm suggesting is a waypoint system for events that would allow staff to use their tools guns to spawn in a waypoint that can be seen throughout the entire map. The waypoint would include the following:

• Be able to be spawned in with a tool gun
  • Change the colors of the waypoint
  • Delete the waypoint using the tool gun
  • Be able to add a description, so you would see a circle or something colored blue and inside it would say "Imperial Base"
  • Be a square or circle, maybe change the shape

An Idea I did have in case the development team didn't want it to be created using a tool gun would rather to use the current Capture Base props and do something with those. Just a basic, somewhat vague suggestion, if anyone would like to add anything that would be much appreciated. 

• Upvote 3

ehh its an excellent idea but it’s coming from you so -1

+2

• Thinking 1

If it can be implemented into the compass addon then sure but we already have makeshift beacons that EMs can use. Adding something new can put strain on the server and so we need to evaluate if it is a necessary insertion.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:13 AM, Eclipse said:

+1, maybe make it act like a king of hill, so rebels/enemies can capture it? 

Though I have never played King of Hill, I understand what you're getting at here though this isn't what I'm suggesting. I'm going to provide a very shitty analogy for what I'm suggesting. Basically, I'm suggesting an advanced and cooler flare gun. One that can be used to mark locations around the map for players. Though I like what you're suggesting and if that can be implemented that would be very cool.

+1 This will make objectives so much easier. Maybe make them only visible to event characters or have it visible for only troopers (not event characters). 

+1

If we were able to get this added it would be incredible for events but I think a good tweak is that you can edit it so certain regiments can see it, For an example; Event Masters can place down waypoints so that the Event Characters will be able to see where to go but other troopers will not be able to see it.